• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Alliance Alive
  3. Quick beginner questions

User Info: Joseph_Thea

Joseph_Thea
1 month ago#1
Just starting the HD version of the game today and wanted to ask a few quick things.

I have read a decent amount and know about which stats affect which weapons, but wanted to know how strict that is. In many games, while it isn't optimal, it is still effective to have characters specialize in what you want, even if the stats don't match very well. Is that the case in this game? Do characters ever gain stat points after battle besides HP and SP? Are their stats locked beyond these two?

I know you have multiple parties. How far into the game to they join up together, or do they ever join up?

I think that's all for now. Thanks for any advice you can give.
Thy faithful servant asketh for thy blessing. Honor us with the splendor of your song.

User Info: nawee7

nawee7
1 month ago#2
It's fine to give a weapon that don't match the stats, i once gave an axe to Vivian and she still do decent damage with it. No, they only gain hp and sp after battle and you could increase the other stats via equipment/accessories.

They all join in chapter 18-19 iirc and there are another 3 optional playable characters that you could recruit later.

Joseph_Thea
1 month ago#3
Awesome, thanks
Thy faithful servant asketh for thy blessing. Honor us with the splendor of your song.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: DocEnStein

DocEnStein
1 month ago#4
Its pretty lenient when it comes to builds so have fun and build whatever you want, my only tip is be careful what guilds you level up so give minor bonuses and others have powerful endgame equipment most of which you can earn in challenging optional dungeons . https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Nq0K6SQkWR1XAgBxm31LWC4S90KhZXcor9ri2JcOz-w/htmlview this should help aswell. ^_^
Just a chilled out gamer.

Joseph_Thea
1 month ago#5
Cool. Thanks for the info.
  1. Boards
  2. The Alliance Alive
  3. Quick beginner questions
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A