• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Alliance Alive
  3. This game bombed hard

User Info: Zero_Maniac

Zero_Maniac
5 months ago#1
Which begs the question: why on earth is it getting a remaster? Normally games get remasters if and when they're successful. TAA didn't even sell a quarter of a million worldwide.

I'm not saying it's necessarily a bad game, but the fact remains that it sold horribly by any metric.
"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."

User Info: Leon481

Leon481
5 months ago#2
It had the unfortunate distinction of releasing after the Switch was already popular and the 3DS was already dying down. Critical and fan reviews are pretty good and there's no real negativity geared towards the game in general, so it's not a big leap to think that it would do better on other, more accessible platforms.

User Info: DahlVaughnni

DahlVaughnni
4 months ago#3
It bombed because no one has ever heard of it. I LOVE bravely default and anything akin to it, and I kept a keen ear to the ground for similar games, but never saw this until I came across the box art randomly on gamestop's website and had to go out of my way to look it up.

This is why you ADVERTISE.
PSN: Archlvt88

User Info: GoodyBoo

GoodyBoo
3 months ago#4
It bombed?

Zero_Maniac
3 months ago#5
GoodyBoo posted...
It bombed?

Zero_Maniac posted...
TAA didn't even sell a quarter of a million worldwide.

That's pretty bad unless it's a small developer/publisher. The devs might be fine since they're small time, but Atlus probably lost money on this.
"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: GoodyBoo

GoodyBoo
3 months ago#6
Zero_Maniac posted...
That's pretty bad unless it's a small developer/publisher.

I can't even find an official sales numbers for it, just VGcharts, which not only isn't official, they don't source and openly admit to making up numbers if none are available.

Furyu is super small and Atlas know how to handle smaller releases.

User Info: ohdenny88

ohdenny88
3 months ago#7
Hopefully the Remasters do better

User Info: BraveDimension

BraveDimension
1 month ago#8
It had the unfortunate distinction of releasing after the Switch was already popular and the 3DS was already dying down. Critical and fan reviews are pretty good and there's no real negativity geared towards the game in general, so it's not a big leap to think that it would do better on other, more accessible platforms.

That is exactly what happened with Golden Sun Dark Dawn, as it was released right after the ads came out. The game series died after that, of course. Hmm... I wonder why they're remastering it...

I personally loved it. There were aspects I'd change, like the story just ending right after you beat the final boss, and the fact that there is no difficulty adjuster.
All right, all right, Mr. Amazing Scienceman. Clearly, your fantasy world is doing a fine job of making you happy...
-Janne Angard

Zero_Maniac
1 month ago#9
BraveDimension posted...
That is exactly what happened with Golden Sun Dark Dawn, as it was released right after the ads came out. The game series died after that, of course.
Golden Sun DD was a bad game.

User Info: BraveDimension

BraveDimension
1 month ago#10
I disagree. In terms of gameplay, it was very enjoyable. The dungeons were fun, the new psynergy and animation enjoyable, and though it usually takes two or three play throughs to get 100%, it didn't take away from the actual gameplay itself.

Now in terms of story, and comparing it to the first game... yes, one could say it was badly written. The story was all over the place, and didn't stick with any particular plot line. The points of no return are pretty disappointing too, and the fact that it ended in a cliffhanger...? Very bad. But there was also a lot of fans disappointed that their favorite characters weren't in.

But for someone like me, who's not that obsessed about the story, and just wants a fun dungeon-puzzle-magic game, it was acceptable. I still have yet to find a game with puzzles like it.

And like I said before, the series died, perhaps only partly because it's release took too long.
All right, all right, Mr. Amazing Scienceman. Clearly, your fantasy world is doing a fine job of making you happy...
-Janne Angard
  1. Boards
  2. The Alliance Alive
  3. This game bombed hard
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers