• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Alliance Alive
  3. Really strange game

User Info: gi22mo

gi22mo
8 months ago#1
This is the first game where the toughest "boss" is a HIPPO. Failed to kill at museum and burning zone Volcano.
What this game needs in a HP gauge like the heroes so you know how many pts are left.
Any help would be appreciated, my team is Galil, Azura, Vivian, Ignace and Gene.

Wish there was an official guide book.

User Info: kawaiihito94

kawaiihito94
8 months ago#2
gi22mo posted...
This is the first game where the toughest "boss" is a HIPPO. Failed to kill at museum and burning zone Volcano.
What this game needs in a HP gauge like the heroes so you know how many pts are left.
Any help would be appreciated, my team is Galil, Azura, Vivian, Ignace and Gene.

Wish there was an official guide book.

Try to grind a bit by defeating large monsters found in the island. Fighting tougher enemies has higher chance of awakening skills as well as HP and SP. Invest in Awakening Talent Points also to reduce the grinding.
For your team, have Galil or Vivian equipped with Shield or both of them so they can alternate defending if one of them is down. Galil is basically an all-rounder so mostly any weapon is fine with him. My suggestion is have Galil with Great Sword or Axe since he does have high Str(Barb has the highest Str but low Agi).
Azura has high Foc so I had a Bow on her and Topaz Ring for Signimancy. I also have a Staff equipped on her since iirc Foc increases chances of applying status ailments.
I have Vivian learning Sword skills since she and Ignace have a unique Sorcery Sword skill. She has high Sen so Sorcery skills would work.
I have Ignace as a red mage of sorts doing both Signimancy and Sorcery. I have him equipped with Spear. He can also learn the Sorcery Spear skill. The nice thing about this is you can use Final Strike as much as you like and this doesn't destroy your main weapon.
Gene has descent Str so I continued to use him in his initial weapon, a Staff and he can also use Signimancy because of the weapon if you ever need a backup healer or something. I also had him learn Unarmed skills.

For your team, have Vivian or Galil in the front row defending with Shield. Gene and Galil(or Vivian) front row attacking. Azura at the back row attacking with Bow or healing with Signimancy. Ignace with Spear will do fine in any row since Spears are really versatile since it has skills that work in the front, middle, and back. Have him use Sorcery or Signimancy if needed.
Remember if the character is doing the healing to have him/her be in Support position to increase healing and speed.
My 3DS friend code: 2079 - 5913 - 0356
FE Fates Castle Address: 14087 95010 80760 05627

User Info: nawee7

nawee7
8 months ago#3
If you wanna grind, Snow King giant enemy in snow realm is good for that...you will spark some arts and up hp and sp easily by fighting him also near him is an igloo you can use for sleep to recover and make him respawn.

User Info: gi22mo

gi22mo
8 months ago#4
Where do you get the Topaz ring, I am still pretty early in the game ??
Chapter 20

kawaiihito94
8 months ago#5
gi22mo posted...
Where do you get the Topaz ring, I am still pretty early in the game ??
Chapter 20

You can trade it for Chaosium gems. There's a trader in Svanna in the inn. There are other traders in other realms but I forgot where they're located.

User Info: MaxStar360

MaxStar360
8 months ago#6
There is a free Topaz Ring in the Bastille Catacombs
I yearn for a kindred soul, knowing full well I'll never find one. Ah, such are the whims of fate...

kawaiihito94
8 months ago#7
MaxStar360 posted...
There is a free Topaz Ring in the Bastille Catacombs

I forgot about this. But you can also get Crimson Mirror accesory which is also an Etheract after events in Hakkurei Castle. The accessory is nice because it also raises Sen which I had equipped with Ignace.

User Info: MaxStar360

MaxStar360
8 months ago#8
Also, for note, in the siege of Hakurei Castle: if you save every civilian and the optional party member, (Shiki? Dang it can't remember the exact name...) you get access to a second treasure room... which has absolutely nothing of any note and is only really useful for selling for funds. >_>
I yearn for a kindred soul, knowing full well I'll never find one. Ah, such are the whims of fate...
  1. Boards
  2. The Alliance Alive
  3. Really strange game
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers