• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Alliance Alive
  3. Which guild to max?

User Info: kawaiihito94

kawaiihito94
8 months ago#1
I'm in my first playthrough. Which guild should I max? Debating between Blacksmith and Signimancy.
My 3DS friend code: 2079 - 5913 - 0356
FE Fates Castle Address: 14087 95010 80760 05627

User Info: MaxStar360

MaxStar360
8 months ago#2
Signimancy.

Blacksmith is crap on first run. The real use for Blacksmith is making the EX versions of the best gear in the game such as the Moonlight Bow and the 100CG axe. However you CAN'T make these until you have already acquired one of them, hence being either endgame or NG+ stuff.

Signimancy on the other hand has an exclusive spell (or more than one) for each Guild level. Hence if you learn all of them on your first run, you won't need to level Signimancy for spells on NG+. Signimanncy also does what Blacksmith does with best gear (but different gear) but if these are your 2 choices, at least Signimancy will allow you to get all the spells from it on first run and therefore you don't need to level Signimancy on NG+ runs until you are ready for getting EX gear.

In short, Blacksmith is for NG+. Maxing Signimancy in first run will let you get all Signimancy Guild spells tho so if you want one of these go Signimancy for sure.
I yearn for a kindred soul, knowing full well I'll never find one. Ah, such are the whims of fate...

MaxStar360
8 months ago#3
Just to note: running NG+ for different guilds is fun but you can only max 2 on NG+. Hence, unless you REALLY like breezing through the game several times, it is important to plan out what guilds to max on what runs especially given that the Library Guild supports other Guilds.
I yearn for a kindred soul, knowing full well I'll never find one. Ah, such are the whims of fate...

kawaiihito94
8 months ago#4
@MaxStar360
Are the formations from the Tactics Guild transferable to New Game +?
So if I max out Blacksmith, I should probably max out Library as well right? To increase chances of crafting HQ items.

kawaiihito94
8 months ago#5
@MaxStar360
And what guilds do you recommend leveling in a final playthrough run?

MaxStar360
8 months ago#6
Yes, Library and Blacksmith or Library and Signimacy. One run for each of those two setups is best.

1st run should definitely be Recon tbh. That way you can use the SP bonus to gain strength for your characters by doing a bit of grinding as you go. (Grinding goes soooo much faster with the Recon Guild.)

Signimancy spells are also important for the reasons I said. Unless you can max out Recon and Signimancy (IIRC not possible without NG+ recruits) you will have to choose. Personally I would go Recon just so you can get the grinding over and done with (All charactyer stats carry over to NG+ so grinding only needs to be done on one playthrough.)

But if you have already started Signimacy Guild, no worries. Getting all the Signimancy Guild spells should definitely take riority for the first run or first NG+ run. So whichever of the two you want.

No Tactics Guild formations don't carry over hence almost pointless. Don't need formations once strong enough. Recon builds lots of strength through SP bonus and on NG+ you will be strong enough to the point formations will be useless.

For some reason some people like the formations but I never saw the point.

Ok so... final run... Do you want to fill in the Library Guide? (Definitely not recommended since there are lots of once a run enemies so wayyyy too many runs are needed to complete Library Guide)

Do you want EX quality gear for everyone? (Ooh. Noticed you said HQ. That is not as good as EX. there are for grades of equipment. Normal, HQ, MW and EX. Ex is by far the rarest and if you want EX gear the Library Guild max bonus helps. Not that much actually but it helps a bit and for everyone to have EX gear... you will want every extra bonus to quality chances you can get. EX gear takes a great deal of repeated crafting to get.

Do you want your final run tio be based around simply doing insane amount of damage and steamrolling everything?

To properly advise, I would need to know what your ideal final run looks like.

Tho.... you will get plenty of ideas as you go through multiple NG+ runs. You'll get used to what guilds are best for and you will likely come up with your own final run setup.

kawaiihito94
8 months ago#7
@MaxStar360

Just wondering if the Library lv10 effect increases the rate of getting EX craft items, cause I seem to remember reading that it only increases chances of HQ items?

I'll probably do one run for maxing Signimancy then another for Blacksmith. Then my third run in maxing Tactics guild. Just wondering how does the Recon guild effect work with monsters since its level 9 effect is that it lures highly dangerous monsters?

Also if I'm not raising the rank level of Signimancy and Blacksmith guild in a run, what level is the Library guild recommended? Level 9?
If I can only max 2 guilds in new game + run, do I still have a few recruits left to atleast level some guilds? Cause in my final run, I may plan to max both Tactics and Recon guild, though I hope I can still level the Library a couple levels. I like the lv10 effect of Recon as it strengthens guild link support.

Currently this is my first run, I have Signimancy Level 10 and Library at Level 7, then Recon at Level 3.

Thank you.

User Info: nawee7

nawee7
8 months ago#8
Level up recon till 6, it'll make you get box in dungeon which fully recover your HP/SP, really helpful in water devil den also level up tactics till you get seal technique(lvl 3 iirc) which generates bonus that strengthen your arts..you could inflict 3000-4000 easily with seal.

kawaiihito94
8 months ago#9
nawee7 posted...
Level up recon till 6, it'll make you get box in dungeon which fully recover your HP/SP, really helpful in water devil den also level up tactics till you get seal technique(lvl 3 iirc) which generates bonus that strengthen your arts..you could inflict 3000-4000 easily with seal.

@nawee7
That's really useful. Though I doubt I can have my Recon guild be level 6 in my first run since I may not have enough recruits.
I'm confused how does sealing arts work exactly? So it increases damage of a similar art/spell depending on the number of arts sealed?

User Info: nawee7

nawee7
8 months ago#10
Yes, it increases the power of arts with same type..the more arts you seal the stronger the art will be.
  1. Boards
  2. The Alliance Alive
  3. Which guild to max?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers