This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Closed
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them

User Info: XTGeminiman

XTGeminiman
1 week ago#421
RNG_Stratos posted...
@XTGeminiman
Just finished going through your uploads! Overall, very fun levels! I think your greatest levels (in my opinion) were the ones in SMB1 style. There are some solid ideas throughout all your stuff though, as well as "throwback" levels that gave me nostalgic feelings (especially that Tiny/Huge land SMB3 level!)

Good work!

Thanks for playing through all of them! I saw you running marathon-style through my levels and for a while I was trying to keep up, but dang, you crushed them without much of a pause. I made it through most of yours and just have to finish the last world!

I shut the game off but the ones that stick out from your portfolio are the Airship Boo level from that series, the mouse tower, some of the hammer levels and some of the creative puzzle levels. I set a WR on the porcupuff level as well.

You do a fantastic job building levels around a central concept and making the challenges progressively more difficult. To me, that's classic game design ever since the NES days so I can relate. It was interesting to see some of your levels that have similar inspiration such as your Cat Mario ghost house and star level.

If I'm missing any one's levels, let me know as I intend to reciprocate plays, likes and comments to the greatest extent possible.
Switch FC: SW-6409-4293-4702 PSN: XTGeminiman
Mario Maker 2: R7S-NNB-7VG (Traditional Spiritual Successor Levels)

User Info: XTGeminiman

XTGeminiman
1 week ago#422
RNG_Stratos posted...
@XTGeminiman
Just finished going through your uploads! Overall, very fun levels! I think your greatest levels (in my opinion) were the ones in SMB1 style. There are some solid ideas throughout all your stuff though, as well as "throwback" levels that gave me nostalgic feelings (especially that Tiny/Huge land SMB3 level!)

Good work!

BTW, I have a couple throwback levels in the works including an R-Type style level and a level that will take some of the concepts from classic chase levels on the NES such as the infamous Battletoads Rat Tunnel (and to a lesser extent the lava level) and the last level in Bucky O'Hare.

I was also going to do a MM1 Guts Man level using the SMB1 Airship theme but it will probably end up being an original creation with some easter eggs to that level.
Switch FC: SW-6409-4293-4702 PSN: XTGeminiman
Mario Maker 2: R7S-NNB-7VG (Traditional Spiritual Successor Levels)

User Info: anendlessmaze

anendlessmaze
1 week ago#423
Heh, now Gusts of Dust has been getting more likes- after being s*** on all last week. Fickle randos! Proof you should just do what you want and ignore the crowds I guess.
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/anendlessmaze
Jason SMB3: 088-9DY-0VF

User Info: Plokflock

Plokflock
1 week ago#424
anendlessmaze posted...
Crystal_ posted...
@anendlessmaze

Adjust to gusts of dusts

The first half of the browser battle/puzzle was great. The second part for me was frustrating. The wind made the timing of the jump hard. I personally don't like bowser boss battles. I think taking the second part out for me would make the level more unique. Over all fun level :)

Yeah, everyone seems to hate the second half of the Bowser fight. But you have to have the second half- he needs to die, right? You can’t just leave him tied up in the Twisters, or you know he’ll come back (although how many times has he come back from the dead in this series anyway?) :-)

That second half was the easiest Bowser breaks the blocks fight I've had in both SMM games, he landed in the exact same spot every time, that's never happened to me before in SMM, Bowser normally does whatever he wants.
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/funkyaiming.24.7

User Info: ThirdMan333

ThirdMan333
1 week ago#425
@Robot99

I'm on what appears to be the last puzzle on the last stage of Luigi's Mansion 3. I could probably beat it in about 30 minutes, but I've got to get to bed...heh.
My Mario Maker 2 ID: DGB-S52-9XF

User Info: anendlessmaze

anendlessmaze
1 week ago#426
Plokflock posted...
anendlessmaze posted...
Crystal_ posted...
@anendlessmaze

Adjust to gusts of dusts

The first half of the browser battle/puzzle was great. The second part for me was frustrating. The wind made the timing of the jump hard. I personally don't like bowser boss battles. I think taking the second part out for me would make the level more unique. Over all fun level :)

Yeah, everyone seems to hate the second half of the Bowser fight. But you have to have the second half- he needs to die, right? You can’t just leave him tied up in the Twisters, or you know he’ll come back (although how many times has he come back from the dead in this series anyway?) :-)

That second half was the easiest Bowser breaks the blocks fight I've had in both SMM games, he landed in the exact same spot every time, that's never happened to me before in SMM, Bowser normally does whatever he wants.

I noticed that too when testing. Maybe the wind screws up the AI and makes him behave like he should. Lol But yeah, he almost always followed me and idk why.

I said this before, but I’ve noticed in SMM2 that SMB3 Bowser seems to be less RNG than SMM1. In the first game it was completely random, but in SMM2 it seems like it’s about a 50/50 shot of jumping where you are (or something like that).
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/anendlessmaze
Jason SMB3: 088-9DY-0VF
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: NIQ_m2

NIQ_m2
1 week ago#427
@Mop_it_up so sorry about the inappropriate word in the comments!...though, I don't know which word they meant

Was the boss supposed to be a Lava Piranha?
"Halloween is over and I missed it! You blockhead!" --Sally

User Info: Crazypumpkin

Crazypumpkin
1 week ago#428
Hey guys! I just wanted to update you on my situation because it has changed. It seems now that my score is not declining nearly as fast as is was before and I think many thank yous are in order so, thank you very much :) also. I was trying to drum up some more people here to play my level ;) maybe give me some feedback? U know the drill by now!
@LunyRed hey Luny I just wanted to follow up with you sunce it's been a few days and ask if you were doing alright. I'm pulling for you :)

-Rich3883
Maker ID 471-436-FMG

User Info: ThirdMan333

ThirdMan333
1 week ago#429
@Robot99

Beat the game. With me trying to vacuum up everything in sight in every room, I completed it in 17.5 hours.
My Mario Maker 2 ID: DGB-S52-9XF

User Info: DanniT

DanniT
1 week ago#430
XTGeminiman posted...
RNG_Stratos posted...
@XTGeminiman

Good work!

Thanks for playing through all of them! I saw you running marathon-style through my levels and for a while I was trying to keep up, but dang, you crushed them without much of a pause. I made it through most of yours and just have to finish the last world!

I shut the game off but the ones that stick out from your portfolio are the Airship Boo level from that series, the mouse tower, some of the hammer levels and some of the creative puzzle levels. I set a WR on the porcupuff level as well.

You do a fantastic job building levels around a central concept and making the challenges progressively more difficult. To me, that's classic game design ever since the NES days so I can relate. It was interesting to see some of your levels that have similar inspiration such as your Cat Mario ghost house and star level.

If I'm missing any one's levels, let me know as I intend to reciprocate plays, likes and comments to the greatest extent possible.

@XTGeminiman Hi! I got through about half of your levels last night. I'm enjoying them! I'll hopefully be able to finish the rest today or tomorrow. :)
SMM2 ID: 75P-WFB-TRF
  • Topic Closed