This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario Maker - Level Sharing
  3. The Super Mario Maker Level Database Project
I have come to the conclusion that we need to establish an extensive level database of our own, that we can use to supplement what Nintendo has provided for us. Due to the limitations of the online search features, I feel that the Mario Maker community could benefit from having a searchable database that would be maintained and populated by the designers themselves.

I've laid down the first stone by putting together a Google Spreadsheet. Included are fields for:

Title
ID
Game Style
Theme
Brief Description
Difficulty
Creator ID

The document is public, which will allow you to submit your own levels. All fields are required (except for image), and should be filled out in accordance with the examples provided in the document, as to allow for accurate searching.

Basic Guidelines:

1. Add your level to the next available row.
2. Fields need to be entered exactly as shown
3. Do not modify other entries (unless it's a format correction, e.g. Super Mario World to SMW)
4. Expect the level order to change, as some may use the sort feature. Remember, 'Ctrl+F' is also an option.

I invite everyone to add your levels. But I do ask that you try and submit what you feel are your best efforts. It's not necessary to include every level that you have made, but rather the ones you feel most proud of.

This is currently phase one of the project. Once this database has been established, I will formulate a way to include a rating system. For now, the main goal is to have a database that we the players can use to search for specific criteria. Comments and suggestions are welcomed.

To all the designers out there, stay busy and keep building!

Super Mario Maker Database:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aGzo9L6pCnxC6zWC901WB59RWE-9hLfr2Hyb6M-UxjM/edit#gid=0
This sentence has five words. This sentence has eight words. Only one sentence in this signature is true.

User Info: VideoboysaysCube

VideoboysaysCube
4 years ago#2
Let's give this a 1-up. Currently on standby to play some new levels.
This sentence has five words. This sentence has eight words. Only one sentence in this signature is true.

User Info: VideoboysaysCube

VideoboysaysCube
4 years ago#3
I'll give it one more shot.

User Info: Aeruon

Aeruon
4 years ago#4
I won't let this be drained in the plethora of topics. I will add my (best) levels today. Great initiative. Let's hope this gets off the ground
Steam/NNID: Aeruon; 3DS FC: 1891-1220-5724
Why you should get Kid Icarus: Uprising (comment #6) http://gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/71069510

User Info: Aeruon

Aeruon
4 years ago#5
*bump*
Come on, people. Let's contribute to this awesome initiative!
Steam/NNID: Aeruon; 3DS FC: 1891-1220-5724
Why you should get Kid Icarus: Uprising (comment #6) http://gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/71069510

User Info: JerZim_X

JerZim_X
4 years ago#6
I like that alot of people are making websites and things like this to spread levels to more people
PSN: Carnage_781
Xbox Live: Carnage 781

User Info: TallWhiteNinja

TallWhiteNinja
4 years ago#7
Added my three best efforts: great idea.
Not witty enough to come up with a good signature.

User Info: Themepark14

Themepark14
4 years ago#8
I'll add a few mine. Idk if mine are difficult or not since difficulty could be subjective . Most of my courses could be considered easy for people who have played Mario before or hard go those not familiar with mario

User Info: digitlhaze

digitlhaze
4 years ago#9
This is a good idea. bumping and will add a couple more tonight.
PSN/Steam ID: digitlhaze
i5 4690k @ 4.2 ghz | MSI R9 290X 4 GB | 16 GB RAM | Corsair H100i GTX | ADATA 128 GB SSD | 3 TB HDD

User Info: Swirleydude2k4

Swirleydude2k4
4 years ago#10
Sorry to self promote, but I've started a web app for just this purpose:

http://www.supermakerbros.com

It's still a work in progess but it is usable. Best feature so far is if you log in to the site from the Wii U gamepad you can upload screenshots of your level using the wrench in the top right of the listing.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Mario Maker - Level Sharing
  3. The Super Mario Maker Level Database Project
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A