• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. #3165: The Top 10 'What Ifs' in Gaming History, by PlasmawarriorX

User Info: angeldeb82

angeldeb82
1 month ago#1
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/top10/3165-the-top-10-quotwhat-ifsquot-in-gaming-history

Finally! Here's a new top 10, and I can tell it's pretty good, despite it not being on the front page yet. :)

Although you keep using "it's" as a possessive (instead of "its"), not a contraction.
Fussenpepper: I'll miss my train. Parappa: You'll miss your train. Fussenpepper: I'll miss my brain. Parappa: May I help you?
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: angeldeb82

angeldeb82
1 month ago#2
Is anyone still here? DDJ's current list has been on the front page for nearly three weeks now. :(
Fussenpepper: I'll miss my train. Parappa: You'll miss your train. Fussenpepper: I'll miss my brain. Parappa: May I help you?

User Info: blastoise75

blastoise75
1 month ago#3
I noticed a big typo in entry 10. Let's see if it gets noticed.
PKMN Platinum, VS Champion: Scizor used Iron Defence x3, then atk. Spiritomb KO. Garchomp next. WHY DOES IT KNOW FLAMETHROWER!?!?! 3DS FC: 2707-1634-3423

User Info: paul_matthias

paul_matthias
1 month ago#4
"That i's very possible".

I win.
"You gave to me all I know. I will stay here, I will not go" - Shuffle, Bombay Bicycle Club

User Info: GoukiAkujiki

GoukiAkujiki
1 month ago#5
Oof, those “it’s” drive me nuts. Good list though, but I disagree with some points.

User Info: HMandACFan

HMandACFan
1 month ago#6
angeldeb82 posted...
Although you keep using "it's" as a possessive (instead of "its"), not a contraction.

Three times in the first paragraph. Makes me cringe. >.< But I'll read on.
FFXV, FFVII, DQXI...I've had enough.
Vote with your wallet. Boycott SquareEnix.

HMandACFan
1 month ago#7
blastoise75 posted...
I noticed a big typo in entry 10. Let's see if it gets noticed.

paul_matthias posted...
"That i's very possible".

I win.

I think you should re-read that entry a whore lot more if you think that's it.

HMandACFan
1 month ago#8
Sorry for the triple-post (this board is dead anyway, who cares?) but here's one argument I have. Yes, I read all 10 entries, and most are good, but I don't like the first one (despite the fun of finding "it's" typos).

Not only did Dragon Quest I come out before Final Fantasy, but so did Dragon Quest II. If anything, Final Fantasy I was trying to ride the curtails of DQ I & II's success, more than it was "accidentally defining a genre". If it hadn't have been made, Dragon Quest would have still existed, and it was plenty successful in Japan. Other JRPG's would've just followed DQ's lead...I mean, that's probably what happened in reality anyway...just as FFI did...

Dragon Quest II had a party of 4 people with different classes. Final Fantasy I literally couldn't have copied off of that game any more.

Yes Final Fantasy is a "great, popular series" blah blah blah but it's NOT genre-defining. It wasn't "the first". And, unlike Dragon Quest, it sadly strayed from its original premise.

What I will admit to is FF making chosing the classes a "thing", as DQII had their class forced upon you, but this is a system that FF later strayed from and never went back to, whereas most Dragon Quest games continue to have it.

User Info: GoukiAkujiki

GoukiAkujiki
1 month ago#9
HMandACFan posted...
Three times in the first paragraph. Makes me cringe. >.< But I'll read on.
He literally has “it’s” for every instance. The word “its” is never even used a single time in the whole list, despite dozens of times where it should be.

User Info: Xeowulf

Xeowulf
1 month ago#10
This list is okay at best. Outside the rampant grammar errors already pointed out, "what ifs" are always subject to someone's scope of imagination. Some of these are just weird leaps, like FPSs taking over if EverQuest never was or the GameCube never getting Internet capability if Sega didn't help them. The biggest offender was having the #1 slot be the game crash since it even admitted not much would've changed since the Nintendo came along in 1985 anyway. Not #1 spot-worthy, imo.

angeldeb82 posted...
Is anyone still here? DDJ's current list has been on the front page for nearly three weeks now. :(
You know this board is slow. Why even post stuff like that? And better DDJ's than you-know-who's!
"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." - Obi-Wan about the GameFAQs boards
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. #3165: The Top 10 'What Ifs' in Gaming History, by PlasmawarriorX
  • Post New Message