• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. List idea: Top 10 Games Saved by Updates

User Info: Xeowulf

Xeowulf
5 months ago#11
DDJ posted...
I'd still count it, that just determines whether it's number one or further down.
I meant that it should still be counted for consideration for the top spot. Even if it did fundamentally create another game, it's still the same game in that the original version doesn't exist now.
"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." - Obi-Wan about the GameFAQs boards

User Info: TUSMBOX

TUSMBOX
5 months ago#12
Driveclub. At launch, online barely worked, and there were few features. Updates greatly improved online features, added the ability to save replays, added amazing weather effects (the best I've seen all gen), and later in the game's life, added free tracks. If you include paid updates, the car selection expanded greatly, and even added motorcycles to the mix.
https://chroniclesofmixszt.com/

User Info: HMandACFan

HMandACFan
5 months ago#13
Civilization V and VI. People often say they were pretty bad in vanilla. I agree with this on VI because it was unplayable then, but I've always liked V. Still, thought I'd mention them.
FFXV, FFVII, DQXI...I've had enough.
Vote with your wallet. Boycott SquareEnix.

User Info: TylerDurden101

TylerDurden101
5 months ago#14
Tony hawk pro skater 5 - though the game still sucked, without installing an update, the game literally didn’t even work
YAHTZEE!!!!

User Info: WhitePointer

WhitePointer
5 months ago#15
Sea of Thieves comes to mind. The game was pretty empty and lacking in content when it launched, but now it's quite good.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/WhitePointerGaming

User Info: Meow22

Meow22
5 months ago#16
Warframe was s*** when it came out and nearly died. It took several complete overhaul updates over the years to turn it into the freemium 'posterchild' it is has since become.

User Info: Pako Pako

Pako Pako
4 months ago#17
As an odd take, Half Life, Quake, and Warcraft III -- specifically the Counterstrike, Team Fortress, and Defense of the Ancients mods that spawned huge spin-offs.

-=PakoPako=- (Proud member of board 917023!)
"This was brought to you by FRUNGY, the Sport of Kings!"
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. List idea: Top 10 Games Saved by Updates
  • Topic Archived