• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. List idea: Top 10 Odd Ways to Woo a Partner in Video Games

User Info: TamiaSympa

TamiaSympa
2 months ago#21
Princess Debut. You are a princess (of course) who has the opportunity to woo 5 different princes (plus 2 secret ones). You need to select the right dialogue option of course, but also, to choose a prince from the get go and stick with him during the various ballroom dances you perform. The relationship blossom according to your success in dances, the faithfulness and the selection of dialogue.

We have a Childish Prince,
A Ladies man
A Popular Prince
A Gentle Prince
A Grumpy Prince.

The first one I got is the Childish prince.
My favorite would be... maybe the Ladies man. He's adorable once you decide to trust him.

Fan of the Quantic Dream, Blizzard and Square Enix franchises.

User Info: Petite-Dryad

Petite-Dryad
1 month ago#22
TamiaSympa posted...
Princess Debut. You are a princess (of course) who has the opportunity to woo 5 different princes (plus 2 secret ones). You need to select the right dialogue option of course, but also, to choose a prince from the get go and stick with him during the various ballroom dances you perform. The relationship blossom according to your success in dances, the faithfulness and the selection of dialogue.

We have a Childish Prince,
A Ladies man
A Popular Prince
A Gentle Prince
A Grumpy Prince.

The first one I got is the Childish prince.
My favorite would be... maybe the Ladies man. He's adorable once you decide to trust him.
Actually there are 6 princes you can woo( plus 1 secret one), as for my favorite one I guess I'm gonna have to say the secret one, and as for my least favorite one... I haven't gotten them all yet.
I have my G1... so have you decided to scream now or later?
Spelunky - Feed the damsel to a monster and she'll reward you with a kiss and an extra health point.

User Info: Pako Pako

Pako Pako
1 month ago#24
blas4ublasphemy posted...
Spelunky - Feed the damsel to a monster and she'll reward you with a kiss and an extra health point.
I had to look that up, but you are technically correct...
-=PakoPako=- (Proud member of board 917023!)
"This was brought to you by FRUNGY, the Sport of Kings!"

User Info: Krion64

Krion64
3 weeks ago#25
Dragon Quest XI has the option for you to get married as a literal magic wish at the end of an endgame dungeon.

Damn. Didn't read the whole thread.
3DS FC: 4184-5657-0248 "Josh"
PSN ID: DaiAspGar | Nintendo Network ID: Krion64
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: FreshFeeling

FreshFeeling
1 week ago#26
Somehow I feel like Thousand Arms on PSX has to make this list, but it’s not so much about the weird love mechanics so much as what you do with them. The game is a JRPG / dating sim with a crafting system where you gain the ability to craft weapons more effectively based on how much the game’s women love you. This gives you damage and magic and abilities and the whole game is kind of based around it. The role of dating in this game is hilarious and weird.

Only downside - as it relates to this list - is that the wooing isn’t that unusual for a video game: kinda normal stuff like talking, picking favourable answers to conversation topics, and giving gifts. I mean the dating seems strange in the game’s context sometimes but this aspect is kind of self-contained and normal within its own universe.

If you were to term it “wooing by blacksmithing” - which is kinda true - then it could join the list.
The feral chocobo calls with a boisterous "wark," not the domestic breed's mild "kweh."
https://twitter.com/RetroFreshTV
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. List idea: Top 10 Odd Ways to Woo a Partner in Video Games
  • Post New Message