• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. List idea: Top 10 Odd Ways to Woo a Partner in Video Games

User Info: paul_matthias

paul_matthias
5 months ago#11
MONKEY LOVE IN FFX2!!!

That was so so weird. When you pair off the zanarkand monkeys...
"You gave to me all I know. I will stay here, I will not go" - Shuffle, Bombay Bicycle Club

User Info: GigadeathWeapon

GigadeathWeapon
5 months ago#12
All this and no mention of choosing your bride in Dragon Quest V, although the only real choice is Bianca because the alternative is idiotic.

User Info: Lathe_Biosas

Lathe_Biosas
5 months ago#13
In GTA SA you can progress one of the relationships by doing drive by's on rival gang members.

Maybe not completely relevant but in Heavy Rain you can just simply reject the relationship or not, which I always found funny as there is not much else you can do about it. Spoilers As long as both characters are alive by that point of course.

User Info: Pako Pako

Pako Pako
5 months ago#14
One of the best 'one pick romance' games - a game that doesn't simulate courtship but just sends you into a relationship with one action the original Double Dragon if two players make it to the ending.

It's a nice twist!
-=PakoPako=- (Proud member of board 917023!)
"This was brought to you by FRUNGY, the Sport of Kings!"

User Info: HMandACFan

HMandACFan
5 months ago#15
Don't know why I didn't think of this the first time I read this post, but in Dragon Quest XI, you "get the girl" by simply wishing to be married to her after defeating a dungeon and boss. This one seems quite unique...if it doesn't make the list, I'm not sure what does.

If you want more info, search for a video on YouTube titled "The Wish to Marry Dragon Quest XI" and watch the first 30-40 seconds. I didn't post the video here in case somebody cares about spoilers.
FFXV, FFVII, DQXI...I've had enough.
Vote with your wallet. Boycott SquareEnix.
(edited 5 months ago)

User Info: Lord_Wombat

Lord_Wombat
4 months ago#16
GoukiAkujiki posted...

That seemed like just pointless vulgarity that had no purpose. And wtf is with the name? And Atari graphics?

The name is the word "Thunder" in many different languages, the game is loosely based on Finnegan's Wake, and much of the dialogue is from fetish love letters written by famous authors.

I'll see if I can find the article unread on it a few years ago.
R.I.P. Super Smash Bros. 1/21/99-10/1/20
***"Smash is just MUGEN with a budget at this point" -BlueAnnihilator*** Have truer words ever been spoken?

User Info: Petite-Dryad

Petite-Dryad
1 month ago#17
GigadeathWeapon posted...
All this and no mention of choosing your bride in Dragon Quest V, although the only real choice is Bianca because the alternative is idiotic.
What or who is the alternative?
I have my G1... so have you decided to scream now or later?

User Info: angeldeb82

angeldeb82
1 month ago#18
Petite-Dryad posted...
What or who is the alternative?
I think the guy may be talking about Nera or Debora (DS) in DQV.
Fussenpepper: I'll miss my train. Parappa: You'll miss your train. Fussenpepper: I'll miss my brain. Parappa: May I help you?

User Info: Petite-Dryad

Petite-Dryad
1 month ago#19
angeldeb82 posted...
Probably Nera because Debora only becomes the Hero's bride in the rerelease.

Who would you pick for a bride in DQXI Definite Edition?
I have my G1... so have you decided to scream now or later?

User Info: shinrano26

shinrano26
1 month ago#20
angeldeb82 posted...
In the DS version, Debora is clearly the correct choice.

As for the list, well the gimp suit in GTA SA comes to mind.
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. List idea: Top 10 Odd Ways to Woo a Partner in Video Games
  • Post New Message