• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. Your favorite list series?

User Info: DDJ

DDJ
2 months ago#1
So, I'm working on something new, and as part of that I want to ask: what are some of your favorite Top 10 list series over the years?

I've gone back through nearly every top ten list, but I didn't start keeping track of the series until I got a ways through. I think I caught most of them, but I'm curious if anyone remembers any I forgot. Note that I'm only looking for series by others, I (needless to say) know my own.

The ones I have are...

Top 10 Games of All Time, According to... (board/group/site/etc.). Started by me, but continued by lots of others. More of an 'emergent' series rather than a top-down organized one.

Top 10 Videogame Characters of [Year], by scarletspeed7, Truck, BGH, MK, and others.

Top 10 Games Developed by..., by myself originally, but Truck wrote some good ones about Sega companies.

Top 10 Games Chosen by Top 10 List Writers, by various (different from 'according to' because it isn't based on voting).

Top 10 [Element]-Using Characters by RollerBob.

Top 10 Games Which Deal with Important Moral/Philosophical/etc. Issues by Nazifpour.

Top 10 Most Beautiful [Console] Worlds by MotherKojiro.

Top 10 Japan-Only Games You Might Not Know About ([Genre]) by Sohogojo.

Top 10 Iconic Gaming [landform] by sirloinestake.

Top 10 Most Interesting Examples of [item] in Gaming by sirloinestake.

Top 10 Lesser Known Facts about [Franchise] by Hanzaemon_

Top 10 Hardest [Console] Games by ZeroType-X

Top 10 Video Game Title Changes Around The World by White_Pointer

Top 10 [Swords] by FreshFeeling

Top 10 Video Game Characters That Would Do Well In [Sports League] by Truck_1_0_1_

User Info: Lord_Wombat

Lord_Wombat
2 months ago#2
Idk if it's necessarily a series, but the racing lists by @TUSMBOX are some if my personal favorites, as I'm a huge racing sim fan as well.

Your top 100 games of all time experiment was pretty cool too, but I feel it was far too skewed due to unclear rules and only certain votes being counted due to what board they were posted in. However I real I really liked it, and the trivia facts were great.
I'm only abrasive towards those I see as morons. GFaqs is one big PnP RPG. Sometimes it's fun to be a good guy, sometimes a bad guy, but it's almost always fun.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: Emi3280

Emi3280
2 months ago#3
Does my two-part (technically a Top 20) list of the top games that deserve a remaster/remake count?

It probably doesn't. Lol. :(
Switch FC: SW-2774-1787-6198 // PSN: MrLoneWanderer
"The two most important days in life are the day you are born and the day you find out why."

User Info: DDJ

DDJ
2 months ago#4
Ooh, good point both of you: I'm generally defining a series as three or more lists (because separately in a list of top lists where I'm excluding series, I do feature a couple two-part lists, so they're still included somewhere).

User Info: The_Mighty_KELP

The_Mighty_KELP
2 months ago#5
I like the "The Top 10 Games of (year), as chosen by list writers on the top 10 list board" series.
Like this one, of which I wrote the intro and an entry. :D
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/top10/3040-the-top-10-games-of-2017-as-chosen-by-top-10-list-writers
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/top10/3056-the-top-10-games-of-2017-as-chosen-by-top-10-list-writers

I guess I like them because I like a lot of the people who frequent the board, and I like hearing about what game they enjoyed the most that year.

Of the other ones you mention in the OP, I like the Title Changes series, the Most Interesting Examples series, the Important Issues series, and probably a few more.
Visit the Actual Poll of the Day board: https://tinyurl.com/actualpoll
"Nice job with the board!" - SBAllen

User Info: BlueGunstarHero

BlueGunstarHero
2 months ago#6
Games of the year is perhaps the most infamous series that bred pretty much nothing but complaints.

I really liked the top 10 characters of the year series and would encourage others to pick up the banner for that to be continued since some years have passed since where we left off and writers now benefit from an appropriate level of hindsight. IIRC the series was scarletspeed's idea, and a bunch of authors all signed up to split up years. I wasn't even involved at first however after a long delay and an MIA author I stepped in to do 1990 so that the series could move on to the lists others had already created... and ended up doing two more before we were through, lol.

The #1 here has to be the "According to" board lists; massive undertaking and so many site communities covered; great reads every time.
Xbox Gamertag/Steam ID: bluegunstarhero
Switch Friend Code: SW-3162-2628-3227

User Info: TUSMBOX

TUSMBOX
2 months ago#7
Lord_Wombat posted...
Idk if it's necessarily a series, but the racing lists by @TUSMBOX are some if my personal favorites, as I'm a huge racing sim fan as well.
I'm honored, thank you for the shoutout.
https://chroniclesofmixszt.com/

User Info: The_Mighty_KELP

The_Mighty_KELP
2 months ago#8
BlueGunstarHero posted...
Games of the year is perhaps the most infamous series that bred pretty much nothing but complaints.
IIRC, 90% of the complaints were from people who said "how dare you put this game on the list" because they didn't actually read the list, didn't understand what it was about, and just... didn't. Generally speaking.
Visit the Actual Poll of the Day board: https://tinyurl.com/actualpoll
"Nice job with the board!" - SBAllen
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. Your favorite list series?
  • Post New Message