• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. #2787: The Top 10 Overpowered Boss Moves, by Sturm_the_Dark

User Info: angeldeb82

angeldeb82
4 weeks ago#1
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/top10/2787-the-top-10-overpowered-boss-moves

Well, it seems that the five-year-old list is back. And it's still pretty good as ever, I see. :)
Fussenpepper: I'll miss my train. Parappa: You'll miss your train. Fussenpepper: I'll miss my brain. Parappa: May I help you?

User Info: Sturm_the_Dark

Sturm_the_Dark
4 weeks ago#2
Thanks! I was very surprised to see this resurface as I've not looked at it since it was published.

User Info: DarkCaptain3

DarkCaptain3
4 weeks ago#3
I like the list a lot, I can tell effort was put into it :3
"So... are you satisfied now?",
Zelkova______________Gamestop Manager, Known as the Queen of Darkness

User Info: samuelflutter

samuelflutter
4 weeks ago#4
I read the title and thought of Lavos's Rain of Destruction. Sad to see it's not on the list.

User Info: LightnessZero

LightnessZero
4 weeks ago#5
Not bad. Entries are short, concise, direct and, overall, well explained.
"To our friends, everything. To our enemies, the law."

User Info: angeldeb82

angeldeb82
4 weeks ago#6
I'm not sure if Sehpiroth's Heartless Angel from the Kingdom Hearts series counts as overpowered, though.
Fussenpepper: I'll miss my train. Parappa: You'll miss your train. Fussenpepper: I'll miss my brain. Parappa: May I help you?

User Info: Aegis_Runestone

Aegis_Runestone
3 weeks ago#7
I love it.

Because I'm in the Credits. :P
"The time has come. Bid farewell to your bloodstained past.
Forsake the darkness you once embraced, or the light will find no hold!"

User Info: fire_bolt

fire_bolt
3 weeks ago#8
Glad to see a good list on the front page
Please, call me Bolt

User Info: TrueDarem

TrueDarem
3 weeks ago#9
Some moves I can think of that didn't make the cut:

Jinpachi's "stun palm" in Tekken 5. If it hits, you're immediately rendered helpless for three seconds. It travels on the floor and must be blocked low - but it comes out with no indication that he actually did something. Combined with a fireball that takes off a third of your life (in a series with a massive melee focus), this makes fighting Jinpachi a luck-based mission.

Geese's counter-throw in Fatal Fury. In terms of damage, this isn't so bad. The problem is that Geese can use it to counter everything done in-close. Literally everything. If you jump too close to him, he can throw you. Trying to avoid this by using projectiles means your attacks get blocked with Reppuken, so you have to gamble.

Asura Roga in Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey. Used by Asura (and, if the RNG decides it doesn't like you, the final boss), this attack inflicts the unique status effect "Rage". Rage causes you to attack a random target. What makes it worthy of consideration is that you can only remove it with the item Amrita or the spell Salvation. The first time you fight Asura (not counting New Game Plus), you have very, very few of the former and literally cannot have the latter. Given that the boss has a full suite of other attacks, this fight boils down to "Please, God, don't let my healer get Rage".
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. #2787: The Top 10 Overpowered Boss Moves, by Sturm_the_Dark
  • Post New Message