• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. #3143: The Top 10 Murphy's Laws of Gaming, by darkknight109

User Info: angeldeb82

angeldeb82
2 months ago#1
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/top10/3143-the-top-10-murphys-laws-of-gaming

Well, here's another list that's not on the front page yet, but I do see that it has the potential to become a good list, don't you agree?
Fussenpepper: I'll miss my train. Parappa: You'll miss your train. Fussenpepper: I'll miss my brain. Parappa: May I help you?

User Info: Pako Pako

Pako Pako
2 months ago#2
This was a funny, slightly ranty, but again funny read.
-=PakoPako=- (Proud member of board 917023!)
"This was brought to you by FRUNGY, the Sport of Kings!"

User Info: Kirby6417

Kirby6417
2 months ago#3
Huge fan of this list. This is just plain good reading. Lists like this and darkknight’s recent “Had to be there” list are real evidence for the unique joy of reading. By that I mean, I’ve wondered in recent years whether Top 10 lists are even worth the effort since YouTube can cram a million lists down your throat with supplemental imagery, music, and semi-funny hosts. And generally, it’s gonna be on the same topics as our lists here anyway.

But when the list topics are really clever, and the writing is really good, I remember how much of a joy reading can be. We’ve been blessed with some excellent wordsmiths over the years here.

Great list, friend!

User Info: WhitePointer

WhitePointer
2 months ago#4
It's on the front page now, and as I said in the other thread, it's fantastic. Well written, funny, and also very relatable because it's all sadly so true. darkknight is back and showing everyone else how it's done.
My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3XaGYiUNNsxllO6kAZsd_Q

User Info: XenoManx

XenoManx
2 months ago#5
Well written, but I'm not too sure about the order. NPCs should have been #1, not #10.

User Info: RFGalaxy

RFGalaxy
2 months ago#6
Just wrote in a recommendation for this list. FANTASTIC. I never post here and I rarely read the top 10s past the first 1 or 2 anymore because they're just awful. But this is a fantastic list. Hilarious and agreeable on so many levels. I found myself laughing about how true SO MANY of these are!

I have to give a special shoutout to #6: MURPHY'S LAW OF LOOT LOSS AND LEVEL UPS. This, for me, is #1, to the point where any good round in a game has come to mean imminent failure for me, to the point where if I'm trying to AAA a song in DDR with a decent amount of Marvelous notes and I'm getting a crapton of Perfect, I'll think "Hey, maybe I'll actually AAA the song this time." If I get a lot of Marvelous? The Great is inevitably coming.

Well done list here :D

User Info: jokrayz

jokrayz
2 months ago#7
XenoManx posted...
Well written, but I'm not too sure about the order. NPCs should have been #1, not #10.

fun read.. I agree on his number 1 especially for mario kart.. In first place? Expect to get hit by squid, lightning, blue shell. SOMETIMES ALL 3!

The pokemon one.. the best example is the... Oh. You're paralyzed and chance of not getting to attack? No no.. it's 100% chance of not attacking! or confused? chance of hitting yourself? No no. it's 100% chance of hitting yourself.
  • meanwhile computer's like. Ha.. that s*** don't affect me much.
3DS FC: 0576 4831 1350, Brave Frontier ID: 4473008222

User Info: el3mel

el3mel
2 months ago#8
This was actually a good and funny top 10 list. Best I have read here for a long time.

User Info: Crzyfatkid

Crzyfatkid
2 months ago#9
Really enjoyed this list. Creative concept and everything felt relevant.

User Info: darkknight109

darkknight109
2 months ago#10
Happy everyone enjoyed the list! As mentioned in the other topic, it's been sitting on my hard drive for several years now, just waiting to get finished, and I finally got around to writing the last few entries.

It also reminded me of the "joys" of user feedback. My favourite one so far has been someone who accused me of Nintendo bias (even though literally none of the entries are tied to specific games or even specific consoles, with the possible exception of the Pokemon Corollary) and advising me to kill myself.

Fun times all around.
Kill 1 man: You are a murderer. Kill 10 men: You are a monster.
Kill 100 men: You are a hero. Kill 10,000 men, you are a conqueror!
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. #3143: The Top 10 Murphy's Laws of Gaming, by darkknight109
  • Post New Message