• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. The Top 10 Video Games Cartridges Manufactured in Another Color

User Info: 91210user

91210user
2 months ago#31
Lahabrea posted...
His entry for Maximum Carnage makes no bleedin' sense. The cartidge is red, because Carnage is red! This game was not made by Acclaim, Separation Anxiety was!

Also, no mention of Pokemon Stadium 2? The most unique cartridge color on the N64? It's Gold on front and Silver on back!

Majora's Mask is also deserving. It was a gold cartridge with a holographic 3D picture on the front!

It was made by Acclaim or it was published at least, so in a way, they did make it but maybe I'll be specific about who actually developed it. I have mentioned Pokemon Stadium 2 as a worthy mention. A bit unfair for the other entries that went the entire way but I made sure I mentioned it. Only released in North America I believe. The no mention of Majora's Mask? :o( Okay. I'll get that on there and getting Maximum Carnage correct when I'll revise it ASAP before the year ends/beginning of next year. :$

I don't know what the website will make of the list, so if the feature it during the week or next week, then at the beginning of next year, I'll revise the list as I don't want to throw any new idea as list articles early next year as everyone is setting up their year and I'll get them what's mentioned into the article. Really thankful for the comments. I have to mention, I'm aware the entries are dated but I am willing to get everything that's mentioned on there, somewhere at least, including Turok for the N64 in the black shell. Thanks again.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: 91210user

91210user
1 month ago#32
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/top10/3139-the-top-10-video-games-whose-cartridge-shell-were-in-another

I've added and better explained the entries.
- Better explained Spider-man Maximum Carnage
- Changed entry to Nintendo 64 cartridges in black and grouped the entries instead
- Removed the silly content about Mew (I like Mew, maybe that's why)
- Hopefully better explained the entry about Zelda
- Bettered the conclusion with Pokemon Stadium 2 as a clear example. If Pokemon Stadium 2 was released in 2001 with a styled put-together cartridge, then it says something as all the entries were before 2001.

Sega9599 posted...

I'm surprised there isn't any SEGA examples, I know a few master system games had white top ends rather than the red/black checkerboard, but maybe that was just the label.

They were just the label. I did happen to find a Card Catcher for the SG-1000, all injection moulded from white plastic resins into the shape it is like the other cartridges, so I've added that to the conclusion. It isn't a game but it does fit the list and worth explaining because it is a cartridge shell.
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. The Top 10 Video Games Cartridges Manufactured in Another Color
  • Post New Message