• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. #3128: The Top 10 Games That Are Hard but Good Games, by nsplayer

User Info: Kashell Triumph

Kashell Triumph
2 months ago#31
Eh, there are more RPGs (turn-based and otherwise) than one may realize that are more than just grinding for levels. I've done the legwork, haha.
http://www.kashelltriumph.com

User Info: MachoPony

MachoPony
2 months ago#32
list was alright for a first attempt, makes me think i could take a crack at it if this (apologies) fairly shoddy list got through
Unofficial Hector Fanboy of all Fire Emblem Boards
Official Husbando of Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Dorothea

User Info: Lil_Bit83

Lil_Bit83
2 months ago#33
I haven't played all of those, but that's a good list. I was a bit surprised not to see Mega Man Zero 3 on there, but that's alright.
2DS FC tempest 1478 9807 1205

User Info: palatinae

palatinae
2 months ago#34
GoukiAkujiki posted...
Turn based RPGs can never be hard, unless there’s a limitation of some sort set upon the player.

@GoukiAkujiki sounds like you haven't played many (if any) TB RPGs then. Please dear friend, show me your PSN profile so I can see how many Platinums you have earned on titles like the ones I mentioned. Some are easy - I am Setsuna - comes to mind. Some are nigh impossible - even with >1000 hours playing time.

User Info: GoukiAkujiki

GoukiAkujiki
2 months ago#35
palatinae posted...
GoukiAkujiki posted...
Turn based RPGs can never be hard, unless there’s a limitation of some sort set upon the player.

@GoukiAkujiki sounds like you haven't played many (if any) TB RPGs then. Please dear friend, show me your PSN profile so I can see how many Platinums you have earned on titles like the ones I mentioned. Some are easy - I am Setsuna - comes to mind. Some are nigh impossible - even with >1000 hours playing time.

I don’t have any RPGs played on it. I haven’t played any in a while. What makes these games you’re speaking of so hard? Why can’t you just grind to win?

User Info: WhitePointer

WhitePointer
2 months ago#36
GoukiAkujiki posted...

I don’t have any RPGs played on it. I haven’t played any in a while. What makes these games you’re speaking of so hard? Why can’t you just grind to win?

I don't know about those games specifically but quite a lot of games actually have level caps so once you hit that maximum you can't get any higher. Late game bosses can often change depending on your level too. Beyond that I'm not sure.
My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3XaGYiUNNsxllO6kAZsd_Q

User Info: amcdc79

amcdc79
2 months ago#37
Surprised to not see any shmups on the list, but I agree with most of the games listed. A little heavy on the NES, as I'm sure that many games from other consoles could have also made the list.

It's their opinion, which is fine, and this thread can be used to add whatever games we believe could have been included on the list. For a first time list, it was fine.
I'm supposed to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder for me
to find one now.

User Info: Trialia

Trialia
2 months ago#38
"Games like Silver Surfer is out." That terrible sentence made me facepalm - literally - then go straight to check who'd written the list. Whoever this user is, they definitely need some input from a person who isn't also ESL and is rather more familiar with colloquial English.

The content's rather hit and miss, some outright inaccuracies that could mostly have been avoided with a little more in-depth research on the writer's part... but the part I like most is that while it may not be great (though for a first list, not a bad start), it *isn't* another bloody abysmal 91210user list, at least! If I have to see another of his awful displays of unjustified arrogance on the front page before the end of this year, I swear I might actually scream.
Trialia ~ unfaithful-mirror.net
PSN: Trialia_X, Xaedere (100%) | XBL: trialia, Noquelle (100%)
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. #3128: The Top 10 Games That Are Hard but Good Games, by nsplayer
  • Post New Message