• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. #3128: The Top 10 Games That Are Hard but Good Games, by nsplayer

User Info: GoukiAkujiki

GoukiAkujiki
3 months ago#21
palatinae posted...
As a life long RPG turn based game lover, I can say that there could be many (many, many) of "my genre" on this list that are not. Having Platinum'd a lot of my favorites list Disgaea 1 & 5 & D2 as well as Dark Cloud 1 & 2, Final Fantasy Vii, Viii, IX, X, X-2, Xii ZA, Rainbow Moon & Rainbow Skies (to name a few) ...

I can say that one of the "most challenging" (aka hardest) is The Guided Fate Paradox.

I am actually replaying it now in an effort to grab the Platinum trophy that I did not get my last (first) time playing it.

This game isn't for everyone, but if you like turn based (Disgaea like) grinding games, this would top my "Hard but Good Game List"

Turn based RPGs can never be hard, unless there’s a limitation of some sort set upon the player.

User Info: The_Mighty_KELP

The_Mighty_KELP
3 months ago#22
I feel like this list was definitely written by a 10-year old. And it's not utterly terrible for a first attempt. I'd like to see this writer practice some more and keep submitting, in the hopes that they improve over time and become another contributor to the feature, because we certainly need them.

At least it's still better-written than a certain someone's lists.

GoukiAkujiki posted...
Turn based RPGs can never be hard, unless there’s a limitation of some sort set upon the player.

What, are you kidding? Of course they can be. That's like saying "playing chess is easy, unless you have a handicap."
I've got a new, Zelda-themed Top 10 List up! Check it out here: https://bit.ly/2VOYuqq

User Info: DarkCaptain3

DarkCaptain3
3 months ago#23
WhitePointer posted...
This list is on the front page now.

vggamercloud posted...
People been saying Git Gud since Pong.

The specific phrase "git gud" though with that misspelling originated with Metal Gear Online, as I said earlier in the thread. Either way Dark Souls is wrong.

You are correct about this, that is when the phrase in that form was originally invented.
"So... are you satisfied now?",
Zelkova______________Gamestop Manager, Known as the Queen of Darkness

User Info: Hotel_Security

Hotel_Security
3 months ago#24
Castlevania 2 is definitely not a "hard" game at all. About the only hard part is deciphering the obscure clues but going through the levels and killing bosses is a joke. CV2 Dracula is like the easier final boss in the series. Would have been better served using CV1.

Otherwise, an okay list.

Kind of agree. There's no reflexes and practice and whatnot involved with turned-based stuff. With a clear set of instructions, any turn-based tactic can be copied and retried with little effort. Any loadout can be copied and any character can be grinded to a certain level. There's some randomization in terms of damage and dice rolls and critical hits but it's just about having the right knowledge and method rather than needing real practice to hone reflexes and learn patterns.

The specific phrase "git gud" though with that misspelling originated with Metal Gear Online

Kind of laughable for someone to pretend to know the exact moment and in the exact corner of the universe where a phrase like that started. No one knows this s***. It just gets claimed by a group and no one cares enough to refute it.
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: Shards_of_Peach

Shards_of_Peach
3 months ago#25
So the creator of this is a first time list writer? Understandable. There's always room to improve. :)

Hotel_Security posted...
Kind of agree. There's no reflexes and practice and whatnot involved with turned-based stuff. With a clear set of instructions, any turn-based tactic can be copied and retried with little effort. Any loadout can be copied and any character can be grinded to a certain level. There's some randomization in terms of damage and dice rolls and critical hits but it's just about having the right knowledge and method rather than needing real practice to hone reflexes and learn patterns.

You're serious? Super Mario RPG, Mega Man X Command Mission, Lost Sphear, Shadow Hearts, Xenosaga and whole bunch of other games would disagree with that statement and your awful generalization.

P.S. Try doing nothing but level grinding in something like Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne or Okage: Shadow King or Final Fantasy: The Four Heroes of Light and tell us how that works out for you.

Moron.
Kyunkyun sou do kyunkyun!

User Info: Pako Pako

Pako Pako
3 months ago#26
The_Mighty_KELP posted...
GoukiAkujiki posted...

What, are you kidding? Of course they can be.

Either play more games (to find the hard ones) or play less games (to lower expectations). Because of this individual experience with games, difficulty is highly subjective.

Even among the rogue-likes genre, whose premise is to force players to try-try-again, there are easy and hard titles. Though which are "fun" is another issue... (I'm not exactly a fan of them)
-=PakoPako=- (Proud member of board 917023!)
"This was brought to you by FRUNGY, the Sport of Kings!"

User Info: Archmonk Iga

Archmonk Iga
3 months ago#27
You had a respectable argument going until you called that person a moron. Name-calling isn't necessary to get a point across, all it does is make you sound immature. And games aren't important enough to warrant it anyway.
If you want to know who you are, it's important to know who you've been. -Jadzia Dax
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: LOLZuMadBro

LOLZuMadBro
3 months ago#28
One of the most poorly written lists I've seen here
uMad?

User Info: WhitePointer

WhitePointer
3 months ago#29
Hotel_Security posted...
Kind of laughable for someone to pretend to know the exact moment and in the exact corner of the universe where a phrase like that started. No one knows this s***. It just gets claimed by a group and no one cares enough to refute it.

Kind of laughable that you're actually trying to argue with me after I did a stack tonne of research on the subject of video game slang terms a few years ago.
My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3XaGYiUNNsxllO6kAZsd_Q
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: GoukiAkujiki

GoukiAkujiki
3 months ago#30
The_Mighty_KELP posted...
I feel like this list was definitely written by a 10-year old. And it's not utterly terrible for a first attempt. I'd like to see this writer practice some more and keep submitting, in the hopes that they improve over time and become another contributor to the feature, because we certainly need them.

At least it's still better-written than a certain someone's lists.

GoukiAkujiki posted...

What, are you kidding? Of course they can be. That's like saying "playing chess is easy, unless you have a handicap."

You can’t grind more pieces in chess. Also, note how I mentioned limitations. Some RPGs have systems in place to prevent the player from circumventing the “challenge” but most do not.
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. #3128: The Top 10 Games That Are Hard but Good Games, by nsplayer
  • Post New Message