• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. Top 10 Seriously Themed Business Simulation Video Games

User Info: GoukiAkujiki

GoukiAkujiki
3 months ago#11
That’s a perfect title, definitely don’t change it. It would be a disservice to your reputation if you used proper grammar.

User Info: 91210user

91210user
3 months ago#12
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/top10/3132-the-top-10-business-simulations-where-players-profits-from

I had to take down fix some entries and had submitted it again. Feel free to comment.

91210user
2 months ago#13
Hi folks, so my article is just around the corner on front-page. I could be wrong, not really my decision but I would mention, with the title of the list and this forum title, it does somewhat explain what my article that I typed.

What I would point out, if there's any comments, however as this thread isn't titled exactly as the article, it does have the same meaning for it. Any posts and comments posted just tells me that the posts really want to address the article. It just tells me that the comments have understood the premise and really want to get your thoughts across. It gives me more of an opportunity to reply to comments. I will repeat this part again to give a chance to everyone day-by-day when on front-page, hence it's my thread anyways.

The other reason is because I've noticed that a few articles from other users could have better titles for what they're trying to explain, so it doesn't hurt to re-work the title, so I've shown it here, if anyone is willing to see the progress to why I've changed the title from the working title.

The last reason being that there are some users who want to know where I am and have a way of telling me to post in the forum. After my time on front-page on an article, I usually don't post in the forum as I'm working on another article, so when I posted the thread, I didn't think so heavily to exactly what the title would be. I usually finalize my title to represent all the entries when I have all the text, so I usually think hard to anchor exactly what my article is early on but then it gives me a chance to show that it's always not the first thought on the title isn't always representative of an article.

Anyways, I think what matters is using it as it will tell me if anyone really wants their way, even if they are criticisms or negative comments (while not cluttering the boards). I hope that helps!

91210user
1 month ago#14
My list is on front page now. Ummm... with one of the entries, I'm sure you know which one. Try to remember at the time the game has been made, he was known as a business person. Please, please try to be careful when commenting, I don't want users to get moderated because of a political statement.

User Info: Great_Khan

Great_Khan
1 month ago#15
Jesus christ. This is unreadable, the grammar and syntax are completely nonsensical. May as well be fed through babelfish.

Why does gfaqs do a featured top 10 but not a featured faq or review or... anything that has more than two entries a month? It really makes no sense to me.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Turducken

Turducken
1 month ago#16
Makes relatively decent toilet paper if you print it out.
THE FIGHT WILL CONTINUE, AS LONG AS THE AMERICA INSIDE MY HEART IS STILL ALIVE

User Info: SeiK0

SeiK0
1 month ago#17
Let's play a drinking game: Read the whole and take a shot every time you see a typo.
I don't know how more people haven't got mental health problems
Thinking is one of the most stressful things I've ever come across

User Info: OlorinTheOtaku

OlorinTheOtaku
1 month ago#18
SeiK0 posted...
Let's play a drinking game: Read the whole and take a shot every time you see a typo.

LOL, you shouldn't promote suicide like that.
Just because something is fictional, doesn't mean its not real.
-Find me on Twitter and Reddit @OlorinTheOtaku

User Info: coreekymon

coreekymon
1 month ago#19
91210user posted...
My list is on front page now. Ummm... with one of the entries, I'm sure you know which one. Try to remember at the time the game has been made, he was known as a business person. Please, please try to be careful when commenting, I don't want users to get moderated because of a political statement.

lol I actually came to this board just to see if people were whining about that entry. Turns out they were just complaining about you and your grammar lol. For the record, I personally have no issue with that entry, and I only skimmed your list but it seemed alright. I can understand where the others are coming from though.
If you wanted to watch me play games for some reason:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg3ZPyrv_ouLSN_S18rrrcQ

91210user
1 month ago#20
coreekymon posted...
91210user posted...

lol I actually came to this board just to see if people were whining about that entry. Turns out they were just complaining about you and your grammar lol. For the record, I personally have no issue with that entry, and I only skimmed your list but it seemed alright. I can understand where the others are coming from though.

Oh ok, I have no problems with anyone skimming the list. I don't expect everyone to read the list.

I've read the other entries. Maybe a few typos. The idea was to bore myself to focus on the list. This one here:

"Terrible grammar. The title is not grammatically correct, and I stopped reading at "While the idea of running a business sell the food"

It was meant to be "running a business TO sell the food".

... but that user cannot say it's not grammatically correct. I just didn't used the word which makes it seen as grammar being used, so you can't say that it's terrible grammar when I simply hadn't used it. Please stop nitpicking. Again, that's what happens when there's so much pressure on putting forward the idea that it's poor grammar anywhere and can't get your complaints correct the first time. Considering it's also that word, "to" which could be expanded to too or two. I just hadn't used it, so it can't be classes as poor grammar usage.

Anyways, enough with the comments on the outside of the forum, a few yes would be great. thanks for anyone who would recommend the article and maybe not said why. I think that a missed opportunity there. Sorry folks.

Just to add and hold on to what's being said in that comment, the title is grammatically correct to represent what goes on in these video games that I've selected, if anyone wants to point out exactly what's wrong with the title. I would like to know.
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. Top 10 Seriously Themed Business Simulation Video Games
  • Post New Message