• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. Top 10 Seriously Themed Business Simulation Video Games

User Info: 91210user

91210user
2 months ago#1
Hi, a thread to discuss my near future top ten list.

With my list idea, it will be a list of very serious themed business games, as I think they're being overshadowed with fun business simulation games like Rollercoaster Tycoon and Lemonade tycoon.Those fun to manage games for another list. Games like Transport Tycoon, very serious game, will be listed.

I've always put together the idea and will be in the submission queue shortly but maybe worth to post the idea first to see what you may think.

User Info: jokrayz

jokrayz
2 months ago#2
does The Sims count?

The only one I've played is Game Dev Tycoon.. And it's quite a challenge.
3DS FC: 0576 4831 1350, Brave Frontier ID: 4473008222
(message deleted)

User Info: GoukiAkujiki

GoukiAkujiki
2 months ago#4
^ Lol. I’m not afraid to laugh at distasteful jokes.

User Info: Emi3280

Emi3280
2 months ago#5
Any of the Kairosoft games are good and business related, particularly Game Dev Story.
Switch FC: SW-2774-1787-6198 // PSN: MrLoneWanderer
"The two most important days in life are the day you are born and the day you find out why."

User Info: babo121

babo121
2 months ago#6
91210user posted...
it will be a list of very serious themed business games, as I think they're being overshadowed with fun business simulation games

So, you are making a list of games that are so serious they aren't fun?
Can't business simulation games be serious and fun at the same time?
Assuming serious and fun factors are inversely related, which would be the No.1 on your list? The most fun of the serious games (which would be also the least serious) or the most serious game (which would be also the least fun)? Would you choose a neutral, not so serious or fun as the first place?
If I had knowledge of a very complex excel spreadsheet where you can input different variables and uses real-world information, plenty of macros and formulas to calculate possible numerical outcomes (with lots of charts); that is so serious you can even introduce your real-life business or domestic economy information to simulate predictions of your future; and it is distributed as a graphically minimalistic, open-ended indie business simulation game. Would you include it in your list? If the answer is yes, Would it be placed high or low in the list? If the answer is no, would it deserve an honorable mention at least?

User Info: OlorinTheOtaku

OlorinTheOtaku
2 months ago#7

LOL at actually expecting a list by 91 to make sense...
Just because something is fictional, doesn't mean its not real.
-Find me on Twitter and Reddit @OlorinTheOtaku

91210user
2 months ago#8
jokrayz posted...
does The Sims count?

The only one I've played is Game Dev Tycoon.. And it's quite a challenge.

The Sims is a life simulator, I think that's another genre. They earn money but for themselves to live and there's no gameplay in how they help earn their money. Just click on a bus or car and time flies, have player take care of other Sim as the working sim is of screen and they return.

Emi3280 posted...
Any of the Kairosoft games are good and business related, particularly Game Dev Story.

I was thinking about tycoon games where the player plays a director or manager who has to run a company to sell services or goods for everyone's needs. I mean maybe 8-bit Farm but then there are other farming games out there.

91210user
2 months ago#9
I've decided to re-title my list "The Top 10 Business Simulations Whose Gameplay Has The Player Cater to Common Trade" to maybe aim to what I'm trying to type to explain the games I've selected. It's still a working title until then. I want the games on my list that places the player in the role where they have to cater for needs like running a hospital to keep people's health in order or selling food, since everyone has to eat to live. Those type of games.

I've removed "serious" from the title and trying not to use the term, because every person running a business can be described as taking their position seriously, like making a video game and not everyone needs a game to cure their boredom or making a video for Youtube and getting paid for that and it can be confusing, so I changed the title. Save those other games where they're running more of trade delivering excitement like a video game for another time and those are niche compared to what else is out there. I'm really trying to think of a suitable name, so I'll think about that.

Here's some of the game I'm placing on the list as an example:

Prison Architect
Big Pharma
Theme Hospital
School Tycoon

I'm sure you could guess the games later in the list.

Hi Otaku

91210user
2 months ago#10
The Top 10 Business Simulations Where Players Profits From Selling Necessities - Better list title! Not many games like that now a days from what I've noticed, If anyone wants to comment on the title while I finish typing the text the way I want it written.
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. Top 10 Seriously Themed Business Simulation Video Games
  • Post New Message