• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. #3100: The Top 10 Older Video Games Found in Newer Video Games, by Raidramon0

User Info: angeldeb82

angeldeb82
9 months ago#1
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/top10/3100-the-top-10-older-video-games-found-in-newer-video-games

Well, here's a new list. And though it hasn't been on the front page yet, I can say that it looks pretty good.
Fussenpepper: I'll miss my train. Parappa: You'll miss your train. Fussenpepper: I'll miss my brain. Parappa: May I help you?

User Info: ironyisntdead

ironyisntdead
9 months ago#2
I haven't played Bioshock Infinite on PS3. How do you unlock the original Bioshock there?
You havent set a signature for the message boards yet

User Info: Pako Pako

Pako Pako
9 months ago#3
Huh. The opening is kinda creepy given that I just came from reading a "the future will come eventually and everything will be gone" thread.

The list is pretty varied, pulling games from across a lot of generations. The writing is pretty sparse, but it is a good effort; each entry explains how to pull the unlock off, a personal opinion, and maybe a tidbit or two. Though for #6, a fun fact -- SPO!! never got released as a physical game in Japan; it was an online-only/DLC-type game on the Nintendo Power flashcart (used similarly to the FDS via Nintendo Kiosks or Satelliteview)

Notable omissions:

Death Tank. It was a bonus game on the Saturn version of Powerslave, with a hidden game in the Saturn version of Duke Nukem 3D; it wouldn't make honorable mention because it was never given a separate release initially.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Inside TMNT2: Battle Nexus (PS2/XBOX/GC)

Prince of Persia 1 or 2: Depending on which console you're playing Sands of Time on, you get POP1 or POP2 for free.

Rockman Battle & Chase is not a big secret, but it is unlockable in the Mega Man X Collection games.

ZX emulator -- yeah, this was a weird find. Inside the code of N64's Goldeneye is the code to a working ZX emulator. https://www.ign.com/articles/2017/07/26/11-video-game-secrets-that-took-years-to-find

An another odd choice -- F-Zero AX -- inside F-Zero GX. AX is an arcade exclusive that became the home-game GX, but it still remains unique. To unlock it, however, requires a cheat device -- http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/03/f_zero_ax_found_hidden_in_gamecube_f_zero_gx
-=PakoPako=- (Proud member of board 917023!)
"This was brought to you by FRUNGY, the Sport of Kings!"

User Info: GoukiAkujiki

GoukiAkujiki
9 months ago#4
I liked the list, but would have switched the Ninja Gaiden entries.

User Info: amcdc79

amcdc79
9 months ago#5
Interesting list, I knew and enjoyed the first two on the list. A couple of other games had older ones as mini games, Fur Fighters had 6 different types, and Frogger 2 Swampy's Revenge had various 4 player capture the flag, racing and snake games.

The one I'm surprised to not see anywhere, was Ms Pac-Man Maze Madness. A very underrated game, that had the original Ms Pac-Man game included, along with a fresh take on a very popular series.
You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to
skydive twice.

User Info: Lord_Wombat

Lord_Wombat
9 months ago#6
ironyisntdead posted...
I haven't played Bioshock Infinite on PS3. How do you unlock the original Bioshock there?

@Raidramon0

I'm curious about this as well?
"In the end we're all dicks".-ReiderAsmadi
Candy, tastes like chicken if chicken was a candy -Toki Wartooth

User Info: Raidramon0

Raidramon0
9 months ago#7
Lord_Wombat posted...
ironyisntdead posted...

@Raidramon0

I'm curious about this as well?

From what I saw, you don't need to do anything special to unlock it. It's available from the game menu on the Playstation 3 home screen below Bioshock: Infinite. I haven't played it in a few years so my memory might be a tad fuzzy.

User Info: Lord_Wombat

Lord_Wombat
9 months ago#8
Ah, cool. I played a bit on PS3, but don't recall since I was primarily a 360 player at the time.

That's pretty neat.
"In the end we're all dicks".-ReiderAsmadi
Candy, tastes like chicken if chicken was a candy -Toki Wartooth
(message deleted)

User Info: LunaticCritic

LunaticCritic
9 months ago#10
Interesting and informative.
The user formerly known as crazygamer999.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1312-the-ninth-dimension
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. #3100: The Top 10 Older Video Games Found in Newer Video Games, by Raidramon0
  • Post New Message