You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. #3097: The Top 10 Video Games That Came Out on the Wrong System, by Raidramon0

User Info: angeldeb82

angeldeb82
3 weeks ago#1
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/top10/3097-the-top-10-video-games-that-came-out-on-the-wrong-system

Although this list has not appeared on the front page yet, I can say that it looks pretty good, but what do you think otherwise?
Fussenpepper: I'll miss my train. Parappa: You'll miss your train. Fussenpepper: I'll miss my brain. Parappa: May I help you?

User Info: Datuna

Datuna
3 weeks ago#2
Liked. Maybe longer research may have gotten even more interesting entries, but certainly not bad. However, about Jet Force Gemini, the comment on how framerate stutter comes with cartridge games is just ridiculous. I feel Rare in general didn't test their games enough on final hardware and just used their dev-kits too much. While this is their worst offender, many of their games have terrible framerate issues. Or they just didn't care.
Big Bear is gone

User Info: Pako Pako

Pako Pako
3 weeks ago#3
It is certainly an interesting list. It makes one imagine the alternatives and the narrative does go there. It is also going to push a few buttons with phrases like "Capcom didn't learn their lesson with Mega Man 6" (as true as it is).

I would have liked to have seen more numbers (or footnotes), but the writing and subject matter were interesting enough that I wanted the HM list to be elaborated (Secret of Mana, for example, was released relatively in the middle of the console lifespan) so that definitely hits the target when it comes to grabbing my attention.
-=PakoPako=- (Proud member of board 917023!)
"This was brought to you by FRUNGY, the Sport of Kings!"

User Info: NaberiusBuster

NaberiusBuster
3 weeks ago#4
Pako Pako posted...
I would have liked to have seen more numbers (or footnotes), but the writing and subject matter were interesting enough that I wanted the HM list to be elaborated (Secret of Mana, for example, was released relatively in the middle of the console lifespan) so that definitely hits the target when it comes to grabbing my attention.

I though the problem with Secret of Mana was that it was supposed to be originally developed for the Super NES CD accessory, which thanks to it getting canceled forced the developers to prune back the game's vision.
Tetris is a Packrat simulator. It simulates how the Packrats loved ones struggle against the unending piles of junk cluttering their living space.

angeldeb82
3 weeks ago#5
Is anyone here at all?
Fussenpepper: I'll miss my train. Parappa: You'll miss your train. Fussenpepper: I'll miss my brain. Parappa: May I help you?

User Info: amcdc79

amcdc79
2 weeks ago#6
Very interesting list, I look forward to the author's list of Arcade games on wrong systems, since he said there are too many to be included here. While I agree with a few of the choices, I do scratch my head on others.

Rare being an in-house developer, must have known the cartridge storage limitations before they even started any of the many fine games they released for the N64. I did not know they had to cut anything out of the games to fit, so that was a surprise.

I like lists where you learn something new, and this one I enjoyed because it was informative. Like Pako, I would have liked to hear the stories behind the HM list, as RE: Code Veronica was Capcoms best seller on the DC, with over 350 thousand sold just in US/Canada. It was also the only RE designed for the Dreamcast, and was originally an exclusive.

Monster Hunters Tri - Wii was released in NA at the end of the Wii's life, and because of a huge up-roar from the fans, there were three other games as well, The Last Story, Pandora's Tower and Xenoblade Chronicles. All of which probably should have been released on another console.
Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

User Info: Aegis_Runestone

Aegis_Runestone
2 weeks ago#7
Muramasa Rebirth was set to go to the 3DS, but they put it on the Vita instead. >_<;

User Info: NaberiusBuster

NaberiusBuster
2 weeks ago#8
amcdc79 posted...
Monster Hunters Tri - Wii was released in NA at the end of the Wii's life, and because of a huge up-roar from the fans, there were three other games as well, The Last Story, Pandora's Tower and Xenoblade Chronicles. All of which probably should have been released on another console.

Wuuut!?
They were all financed by Nintendo (with XBC being a game from their subsidiary), so which console should they have been released on? The Wii U?
Tetris is a Packrat simulator. It simulates how the Packrats loved ones struggle against the unending piles of junk cluttering their living space.

User Info: amcdc79

amcdc79
2 weeks ago#9
NaberiusBuster posted...
amcdc79 posted...

Wuuut!?
They were all financed by Nintendo (with XBC being a game from their subsidiary), so which console should they have been released on? The Wii U?

You are correct, Nintendo was not going to release them on any other console, they really did not want to release them outside of Japan.

The PAL gamers were bragging that they had been successful in getting them, and finally after getting much grief from NA gamers, Nintendo brought Xenoblade Chronicles to NA, then XSEED games brought the other two, years after their release in Japan.

The way it was done, it seemed like Nintendo didn't want to make Wii fans happy at the end of it's run. Maybe they did not want to steal any thunder from the Wii-U, yet some of the games eventually were on the Wii-U eShop.
Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

angeldeb82
2 weeks ago#10
So when will this list be on the front page yet? I'm very worried. :(
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. #3097: The Top 10 Video Games That Came Out on the Wrong System, by Raidramon0