You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. Top 10 most underrated games you played. *no order*

User Info: Raskass1

Raskass1
1 month ago#1
1. Winback: N64...Its a shame this game went under the radar. I remember buying it out the bargain bin at game stop early 2000s thinking it was going to be horrible. Actually turned out to be one of my favorite games of all time.

2. Jackal: Nintendo...When talking multi player games back in the day people often talk about streets of rage and battle toads etc etc. This is a classic game.

3. Shenmue: Dreamcast...Gta 3 wasnt the first sandbox game.

4. Project Snowblind: Xbox...Not sure what happened to this franchise, but I loved this game.

5.Phantasy Star card revolution: Gamecube...Not sure what made me buy this game. But I got hooked on it.

6. Shenmue 2: Xbox...This whole series didn't get the respect it deserved.

7. Inside: Xbox...Great Indie game. Throw back to the 90's games that made you think and solve puzzles the progress.

8. Starfox Adventures: Gamecube...Alot of people didnt like the departure from the original formula, but I thought this was a balanced game of action and puzzles. classic GameCube title.

9. Kobe Bryant Courtside: N64...Definitely and over looked sports franchise and imo was on par with the best bball games out at the time.

10. Red Alarm: Virtual Boy...Again this is my top ten underrated games I've played and enjoyed but didnt get much shine. I enjoyed Red Alarm and was hooked.

User Info: OlorinTheOtaku

OlorinTheOtaku
1 month ago#2
1. Advance Guardian Heroes (GBA)
Because
2. Advance Guardian Heroes (GBA)
Its
4. Advance Guardian Heroes (GBA)
The
5. Advance Guardian Heroes (GBA)
Greatest
6. Advance Guardian Heroes (GBA)
Thing
7. Advance Guardian Heroes (GBA)
Ever
8. Advance Guardian Heroes (GBA)
Made
9. Advance Guardian Heroes (GBA)
By
10. Advance Guardian Heroes (GBA)
Man.

-Honourable mentions-

Advance Guardian Heroes (GBA)
Just because something is fictional, doesn't mean its not real.

User Info: Breastmilkn_Dip

Breastmilkn_Dip
1 month ago#3
Top 10 most underrated games you played.

Off the top of my head:

1. NGEN Racing (PS1)
2. Warship Gunner (PS2)
3. The Red Star (PS2)
4. Silent Bomber (PS1)
5. Colony Wars (PS1)
6. X-COM: UFO Defense (PS1)
7. G-Police (PS1)
8. Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (DC)
9. Project Justice: Rival Schools 2 (DC)
10. Sin and Punishment (N64)

#11 - 30:

Colin McRae Rally
Fear Effect
Koudelka
Warzone 2100
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
Devil Dice
Kurushi
Fluid
Ogre Battle 64
Giants: Citizen Kabuto
TOCA Race Driver 3
Colin McRae Rally 2005
Enthusia Professional Racing
Champions: Return to Arms
Digital Devil Saga
Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria
Beyond: Two Souls
Vanquish
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Resonance of Fate.

The GameFaqs "Moderator" status denotes a proficiency in cowardice, neckbeard plumage, toy collecting and Kiddy Hearts.

User Info: gamemaster712

gamemaster712
1 month ago#4
Nier
Raw danger
Disaster report
Dark souls 2
Sin and punishment 2
Disaster: day or crisis
Edf 2017 portable
Advance war days of ruin
Dragon quest 7
Swashbucklers: Blue vs grey
Lord of gaming!!!(probably) 2DS FC: 2122-9429-5521 USun: Stella; UMoon: Frosty; OGTG/DEG ultimate hax breeder
Life's too short for silly worries, have fun.

User Info: syndicator

syndicator
4 weeks ago#5
Final fantasy VIII
Final fantasy VIII
Final fantasy VIII
Final fantasy VIII
Final fantasy VIII
Final fantasy VIII
Final fantasy VIII
Final fantasy VIII
Final fantasy VIII
Final fantasy VIII
If you believe in Vivi0198 and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature.

User Info: blas4ublasphemy

blas4ublasphemy
4 weeks ago#6
Loved Jakal myself, I also really liked the similar Mercs, Rambo 3 (Genesis) and Shock Troopers.

Astroboy (GBA)
Dragonforce (Saturn)
Swords and Soldiers
Ittle Dew 2
Red Steel 2
Steamworld Heist
West of Loathing
Breath of Death 7
Cthulhu Saves the World
Evil Quest

User Info: OlorinTheOtaku

OlorinTheOtaku
4 weeks ago#7

In which dimension is Astro Boy Omega Factor underrated? It's a brilliant game, and everyone knows it. You see, this right here is why I question reality sometimes...

Just look at it's review score data on it's Wikipedia page: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astro_Boy:_Omega_Factor Highly praised across the board.
Just because something is fictional, doesn't mean its not real.

User Info: ecan

ecan
3 weeks ago#8
Vanguard Bandits.

6.2 Gamespot
6.5 IGN
62% Metacritic

One of only a handful of games I completed 10 times or more. The soundtrack, story, multiple paths for variable playthroughs, difficulty, and just general awesomeness still give me a boner every time I think about this game.

(Sorry it's not a top ten list, but this dominates my mind so much I can't even consider any others)

User Info: KeeperBvK

KeeperBvK
3 weeks ago#9
Raskass1 posted...

3. Shenmue: Dreamcast...Gta 3 wasnt the first sandbox game.

Neither was Shenmue. E.g. Body Harvest predates both. What kind of an argument is this anyways? Say something about the quality, not about what it supposedly did earlier than others.

User Info: Pako Pako

Pako Pako
3 weeks ago#10
It's hard to think of a game I've enjoyed to have been critically panned (or even deemed mediocre).

A lot of games I've enjoyed I think have fallen to "forgotten" (e.g. Krondor, an old PC game) or undersold -- (e.g. Shenmue).

Guardian Heroes Advanced is a good contender (Metacritic rates it as "above average" at 65%; I think it is a "good" game, closer to 75% -- which is closer to what GameFAQs users rate it as).

Racking my brain a second... I guess Killer 7 might qualify; Metacritic rates it 74%, GameFAQs 78%, and I'd probably rate it above 80%.
-=PakoPako=- (Proud member of board 917023!)
"This was brought to you by FRUNGY, the Sport of Kings!"
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. Top 10 most underrated games you played. *no order*