You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. "Today's Featured System - PlayStation Classic"

User Info: Eevee-Trainer

Eevee-Trainer
2 weeks ago#1
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/

I can't help but feel that some of the front page changes these past couple of months are giving the contributors the shaft. >_>

Didn't the admins say they wanted to give contributors more recognition since they're pretty much the main reason the site exists? Seems weird that they suddenly rollbacked the whole "Featured FAQ/Review/Contributor" features for ... jumping back into topics? (Or whatever else you might be doing but whatever.) Now Top 10 Lists shafted for the PS Classic, as if people can't find the guides and such through the search bar at the top?

I don't know, maybe I'm being petty. >_>
See me on Discord! ^.^
Eevee's Mystery Dungeon: https://discord.gg/qavbtaQ
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: Kashell Triumph

Kashell Triumph
2 weeks ago#2
I'm thinking it'll be two weeks until top tens are back on the front page.

Eevee-Trainer posted...
I can't help but feel that some of the front page changes these past couple of months are giving the contributors the shaft. >_>
That's the new GameFAQs MO.
http://www.kashelltriumph.com
PSN: Growllanser

User Info: QuickSpinsZero

QuickSpinsZero
2 weeks ago#3
It'll probably be back up soon. I think they're just promoting the PlayStation Classic for a bit. I think they did something similar with the NES Classic.
Spin Into The Future!
(message deleted)

User Info: Nadster

Nadster
2 weeks ago#5
While I don't come here often, this annoys me.
"This is a quote."

User Info: Emi3280

Emi3280
2 weeks ago#6
91210user posted...
I point the finger at WhitePointer for being a whiny cry baby when his abstract never got featured after the website used this article to help playing around with their website. He should have been grateful but instead he was trying to throw that and defaming me, someone with more lists then he has, by trying to get naive forum users who would like to get involved but have no comments to hold so he posted whatever against me to unfairly bash my article.

That was his opportunity to give feedback to the website with the experiment that was going on and embrace what could happens for the future. Not grind at me for users to post to see what'll happen. I thought what I said was good enough. He shouldn't have posted that. No one is asking him to take the plane to see the website in another country. I see the website featured his favourite console, so I hope he's in jollies, well I think so but that replaces the top 10s feature for a while. I hope he's happy!

Moving on,... I like the new update with what the website is trying to feature but that is for another section. I can't help to think that my hardware lists were there at some point but instead of a top 10, it's an actual hardware entity. Maybe I had a role with my top 10 Keep Cases list (you know, DVD cases that we all have in huge numbers that takes loads of place in our homes in his age and simply don't know what to do with it) because I remember buttering up the website staff saying how it was a exciting list and how it had taken all the excitement away from owning hardware and coming on here to handle forum users when they complained about it. It was a very very nerdy article which I will not deny and how at one point, I threatened to take away the hardware lists which everyone dives into here in the forum to have their say and it doesn't get messy. Maybe I had my role in affecting the website decision also with how I did that a few years back. :O

What does WhitePointer have to do with Top 10 lists being drafted to the B-Tier of GameFAQs articles? I love writing and reading these lists a lot, but I can’t close my eyes and not see that they’re slowly becoming obsolete in the site.
PSN: MrLoneWanderer - 3DS FC: 0490-6216-2718
"The two most important days in life are the day you are born and the day you find out why."

User Info: Emi3280

Emi3280
2 weeks ago#7
Also, why would GameFAQs; a website owned by a bigger website, change because of one user? Come on man, be real. You’re self esteem is mind boggling.
PSN: MrLoneWanderer - 3DS FC: 0490-6216-2718
"The two most important days in life are the day you are born and the day you find out why."

User Info: QuickSpinsZero

QuickSpinsZero
2 weeks ago#8
91210user posted...
I point the finger at WhitePointer for being a whiny cry baby when his abstract never got featured after the website used this article to help playing around with their website. He should have been grateful but instead he was trying to throw that and defaming me, someone with more lists then he has, by trying to get naive forum users who would like to get involved but have no comments to hold so he posted whatever against me to unfairly bash my article.

That was his opportunity to give feedback to the website with the experiment that was going on and embrace what could happens for the future. Not grind at me for users to post to see what'll happen. I thought what I said was good enough. He shouldn't have posted that. No one is asking him to take the plane to see the website in another country. I see the website featured his favourite console, so I hope he's in jollies, well I think so but that replaces the top 10s feature for a while. I hope he's happy!

....Huh?
Spin Into The Future!

User Info: 91210user

91210user
1 week ago#9
I think it's worth noting that the section would always features past lists and some users always demand new lists, so the section being used for something else while the other new lists stack would make the front page feature actually seamless as they get featured. I would think the website does make use of the space. That is what I think. It's nice users wants new lists but I personally don't mind. It takes me a very long time to make produce those lists and I have been feeding off how users demand new lists for a long time, so it's worth a break once in a while.

User Info: Pako Pako

Pako Pako
1 week ago#10
QuickSpinsZero posted...
....Huh?

The pot is talking to the kettle. It's not going to make sense.

91210user posted...
I point the finger at WhitePointer for being a whiny cry baby...
me, someone with more lists then he has...
unfairly bash my article...
Moving on,...

Amateur analysis would say that they prefer it when they are the subject, negative or positive. Every few words written down in their second paragraph refers to themselves. The other sentences were focused on negative responses to a single specific person, though given the deleted post, I suppose could have been justified.
-=PakoPako=- (Proud member of board 917023!)
"This was brought to you by FRUNGY, the Sport of Kings!"
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. "Today's Featured System - PlayStation Classic"