• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. #3088: The Top 10 Finest Pokemon Spin-Off Games, by Emi3280

User Info: DarkCaptain3

DarkCaptain3
1 month ago#61
Emi3280 posted...
Pako Pako posted...
@Emi3280 posted...
I just recently researched how to correctly use semicolons. Apparently, I didn’t get the message quite right. Anyone care to explain? I’d appreciate it.

That's just asking to be introduced to this comic strip.

https://theoatmeal.com/comics/semicolon

Wow! Really, thank you! That was super useful! I'm sure those five minutes I spent reading the article will help me improve my future articles. :)

@DarkCaptain3 posted...
I like Explorers of Time personally.

Yep, I really loved the Explorers trilogy too. I played Explorers of Time back in 2007 when it was new, and like a month ago I played and beat it again through Explorers of Sky, which is like the definite edition of the trilogy. It was 20 well spent hours. Such a great game.

What do you like about the Explorers games?

Honestly the story really compels me, that and trying to befriend who ever I can.
"So... are you satisfied now?",
Zelkova______________Gamestop Manager, Known as the Queen of Darkness

User Info: thegreatwumbo

thegreatwumbo
4 weeks ago#62
I like the inclusion of Shadows of Almia. I don't hear it talked about much.
Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies.

User Info: NE_OC

NE_OC
4 weeks ago#63
Emi3280 posted...
@ Barchueetadonai posted...
The text written for Pokémon Puzzle League is insuIting. It’s a reskinned Tetris Attack, yes, but Tetris Attack is in no way whatsoever like Tetris. They only named it similarly so that it would sell well. Tetris Attack is one of the greatest puzzle games ever while Tetris is ok perhaps. Please do your research before providing such a dumb description.
Tone it down a notch there, maybe two. Yes, the parent company did grant Nintendo the permission to use the Tetris name; but in doing so, they expanded upon what people remember as Tetris as a whole, and that's the important thing at the end of the day. Yes, it plays slightly differently; but you're not taking in the fact that for some people, they are just two different approaches at the same puzzle game. If you consider it one of the greatest puzzle games, that's good for you. Everyone has their own opinion. I may hold it in high regard in the way I previously mentioned, and that doesn't mean I didn't do my research.

Here, I'll share this word definition with you.

Subjectivity
sub·jec·tiv·i·ty
/ˌsəbˌjekˈtivədē/
noun
the quality of being based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions.
"he is the first to acknowledge the subjectivity of memories"
the quality of existing in someone's mind rather than the external world.
"the subjectivity of human perception"

What does this mean? That we all have a different opinion, and respecting each others' opinions is what makes this world a better place.
While I disagree with the aggressive tone of the other poster, I completely agree with the message.

Saying that Panel de Pon/Tetris Attack/Puzzle League are just slightly different to Tetris and a spin on the same game, when it's clearly apparent that they're nothing alike beyond having colored blocks in a grid, is short-sighted and almost insulting as a fan of both games.
It's basically saying Smash Bros. = Street Fighter just because both are fighting games.

The list as a whole was good, but that one entry hurt to read.
Official Scathach of the Fate/Grand Order board ~ http://i.imgur.com/GvjB9ac.jpg
Little Samson is my most wanted for Smash Bros. Ultimate

User Info: Quazocot

Quazocot
4 weeks ago#64
I feel as though the Playstation 1 Pokemon: Trading Card Game (game) should be on here. It was a decent game for what it was (a successful marketing tool to get people to buy Pokemon cards)
"We are a bunch of fools who are to stubborn to accept eternal ruin . . Keep that underlying principal in mind" -Fiore, Star Ocean 5

User Info: True_Gator

True_Gator
4 weeks ago#65
Quazocot posted...
I feel as though the Playstation 1 Pokemon: Trading Card Game (game) should be on here. It was a decent game for what it was (a successful marketing tool to get people to buy Pokemon cards)

Uh, you mean the Gameboy game right?

User Info: Emi3280

Emi3280
4 weeks ago#66
thegreatwumbo posted...
I like the inclusion of Shadows of Almia. I don't hear it talked about much.

I think the exact same thing. The Ranger series is usually brushed aside by the entire fandom and everyone usually acts like if it didn't exist, but there are a few that actually liked those games. You and I are examples of the existence of people that actually liked those games.

NE_OC posted...
Emi3280 posted...
@ Barchueetadonai posted...
The text written for Pokémon Puzzle League is insuIting. It’s a reskinned Tetris Attack, yes, but Tetris Attack is in no way whatsoever like Tetris. They only named it similarly so that it would sell well. Tetris Attack is one of the greatest puzzle games ever while Tetris is ok perhaps. Please do your research before providing such a dumb description.
Tone it down a notch there, maybe two. Yes, the parent company did grant Nintendo the permission to use the Tetris name; but in doing so, they expanded upon what people remember as Tetris as a whole, and that's the important thing at the end of the day. Yes, it plays slightly differently; but you're not taking in the fact that for some people, they are just two different approaches at the same puzzle game. If you consider it one of the greatest puzzle games, that's good for you. Everyone has their own opinion. I may hold it in high regard in the way I previously mentioned, and that doesn't mean I didn't do my research.

Here, I'll share this word definition with you.

Subjectivity
sub·jec·tiv·i·ty
/ˌsəbˌjekˈtivədē/
noun
the quality of being based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions.
"he is the first to acknowledge the subjectivity of memories"
the quality of existing in someone's mind rather than the external world.
"the subjectivity of human perception"

What does this mean? That we all have a different opinion, and respecting each others' opinions is what makes this world a better place.
While I disagree with the aggressive tone of the other poster, I completely agree with the message.

Saying that Panel de Pon/Tetris Attack/Puzzle League are just slightly different to Tetris and a spin on the same game, when it's clearly apparent that they're nothing alike beyond having colored blocks in a grid, is short-sighted and almost insulting as a fan of both games.
It's basically saying Smash Bros. = Street Fighter just because both are fighting games.

The list as a whole was good, but that one entry hurt to read.

Fair enough. This leads me to believe that my wording wasn't on point, and that my message wasn't clearly delivered. I surely have to work on that. Thanks for the feedback!
PSN: MrLoneWanderer - 3DS FC: 0490-6216-2718
"The two most important days in life are the day you are born and the day you find out why."

Emi3280
4 weeks ago#67
True_Gator posted...
Quazocot posted...

Uh, you mean the Gameboy game right?

What he said. I'm also sure you're referring to that one. Or maybe there was some sort of ROM hack or edited version of that game for the PS1 that you bought all those years ago and you now remember it today like an actual game. Almost sounds like creepypasta material, lol.
"The two most important days in life are the day you are born and the day you find out why."

User Info: Shadow_Digo

Shadow_Digo
4 weeks ago#68
Pokemon Battle Revolution is by far one of the worst Pokemon games ever and was a huuuuge letdown, leaving the Wii without any reasonable pokemon game.

Emi3280
4 weeks ago#69
Shadow_Digo posted...
Pokemon Battle Revolution is by far one of the worst Pokemon games ever and was a huuuuge letdown, leaving the Wii without any reasonable pokemon game.

It’s not inherently good, but it’s not as bad as it seems. At least for me, because I had all the Gen IV games. I always looked at Battle Revolution as a post-post-game for the Gen IV titles (Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartHold and SoulSilver). Tackling the stadiums with your preferred team was actually quite nice, and something that I’d do today if I could find all of my Wii’s cables (and the motion sensor detector which I lost).
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. #3088: The Top 10 Finest Pokemon Spin-Off Games, by Emi3280
  • Topic Archived