• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. Top 10 Funded Yet Failed Kickstarters

User Info: -Infinity

-Infinity
4 months ago#1
I recently wrote an Top 10 List on Kickstarter games that failed despite being fully funded, so I thought I would share it with you guys for some feedback: https://www.gamersdecide.com/articles/top-10-kickstarter-games-failed-deliver

Do you think this would be good enough to make to the site front page? If so, how do I go about trying to get it there?

User Info: hisroyalbonkess

hisroyalbonkess
4 months ago#2
I know nothing about sprucing up lists for this site but I will say I enjoyed your list.
"I'll make your sister my daughter." -ihatesunday

User Info: WhitePointer

WhitePointer
4 months ago#3
If you were paid to write that list for that site, I'd probably think twice about publishing it elsewhere.

User Info: Pako Pako

Pako Pako
4 months ago#4
I agree with WP, but the list on GamersDecide was very engaging and educational.

As a bit of supplemental literature:
www.dailydot.com/parsec/kickstarter-indie-games-developers/
-=PakoPako=- (Proud member of board 917023!)
"This was brought to you by FRUNGY, the Sport of Kings!"

User Info: The_Mighty_KELP

The_Mighty_KELP
3 months ago#5
WhitePointer posted...
If you were paid to write that list for that site, I'd probably think twice about publishing it elsewhere.

Not only think twice, but check with the website to see if it's okay with them.

I think it'd be a good idea to publish it on here, if that's an option. Out of curiosity, where do you live that AAA games are being sold for $100? Most of them are $60 around here; you'd be able to buy 10, not 6.
Tired of the spam on the PotD board? Want to actually talk about the GameFAQs Poll of the Day? So do we!
http://tinyurl.com/GF-APotD

User Info: Duke Darkwood

Duke Darkwood
3 months ago#6
An interesting list. As someone who backed Unsung Story, I quite agree. (I'm still 3 for 4 on KS backings, however; 2 of 3 video game ones. Not too bad,... then again, I don't consider myself a gambler, and mostly avoid KS.)

Shame about Star Citizen, though. Never was really into WC, but as a longtime Ultima fan, I support other Origin properties by association (plus, at least two Ultimas have paid homage to the WC series).
"As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann

User Info: jokrayz

jokrayz
3 months ago#7
Mighty No 9 should be number 1.
3DS FC: 0576 4831 1350, Brave Frontier ID: 4473008222

User Info: Shinkoden

Shinkoden
3 months ago#8
I can only speak as a backer of Star Citizen since 2014 when I first backed it, that it very much is living up to the expectations of most of the backers.

I've put more hours into the Alpha of that game especially now that it has improved a lot than many full released games that are out right now. Not everyone is happy of course, as with anything and I can understand the reasons why, but most of us are happy with the development and how it has been going.

Recently it just got another $7 Million from backers for the most recent ship sale because we see Star Citizen and SQ42 are slow in development but progressing well.

I always encourage people to either wait for the full release or go with the cheapest started package which is $45 and have fun with that. There's no reason to spend a ton of money unless you want to, it's easy enough to find other players with the fancier ships to play with.
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. Top 10 Funded Yet Failed Kickstarters
  • Topic Archived