#3074: The Top 10 Most Underrated PS2 Games, by SuperGintendo

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. #3074: The Top 10 Most Underrated PS2 Games, by SuperGintendo

User Info: angeldeb82

angeldeb82
2 months ago#1
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/top10/3074-the-top-10-most-underrated-ps2-games

I know it's not on the front page yet, but I think it's pretty good. So what do you guys think otherwise?
Fussenpepper: I'll miss my train. Parappa: You'll miss your train. Fussenpepper: I'll miss my brain. Parappa: May I help you?

User Info: Lord_Wombat

Lord_Wombat
2 months ago#2
The Car-Fu mechanic is amazing and makes me want to see a car be a playable character in Tekken or Soulcaliber. My Favorite thing though, is in Championship Mode, Car-Fu gives you points.

There was a car in a fighting game a long time ago, but I don't remember which game. Also, what is car-fu? There's no explanation...

The titans mechanic is one I don't get the hate for, I like it, the game is ambitious enough to try different artstyles in cutscenes, which i also like. the game is open world which I also like.

Capitalization and a thesaurus may be needed here.

#8 was written pretty well, and I actually remember playing Bolt with my son when he was a toddler haha...

My only problems with Nitro Kart is that it is too similar to Mario Kart, Diddy Kong Racing, and CTR.

A kart racer is similar to other kart racers?

#6 should have been Most Wanted instead of Carbon imo, but that's just opinion.

#5 needed more capitalization, and to do away with the joke attempt. Also, what makes the minigames hard? Not to mention "can't put this any lower than 5" should have been "higher" based on the context.

Madden was underrated? Especially 07-'10? That was when it was at it's most popular...

#3 was "fast paced and fluid", but that's all that's mentioned as to why the game was good. Same with #2 and #1.

Tl;dr- Needed more discussion about the games themselves, better capitalization/grammar, and would have done well with a good proofreading. Other than Madden, the choices all seemed legit though, even if I disagree with them.

Sorry for being so nitpicky, I'm so boooorrrrred...
"Sorry, sorry, just... Being a dick... Sometimes it's hard to resist the urge to ruin other people's lives...
-William Murderface

User Info: Pako Pako

Pako Pako
2 months ago#3
"Opinionated list is opinionated."

I should not and will not get into ordering, but on the technique of the writing itself is not terrible. The list is threadbare (I don't know many of the terms such as Crash Bandicoot Titans), there are a few points of comparisons to other better-known games, but the writer is clear about that one thing they liked or a point of redemption or just a game-highlight that impressed them.

It is a list for readers with knowledge of the games mentioned (or the PS2 itself) that was mildly educational.

Lord_Wombat posted...
There was a car in a fighting game a long time ago, but I don't remember which game. Also, what is car-fu? There's no explanation...

You might be thinking of Fighters Megamix from the arcades. It was SEGA doing a mash-up game like Street Fighter or Nintendo, but with their Virtua Fighter platform. In addition to their regular fighting game characters (Virtua Fighter, Fighting Vipers), they threw in unique characters like Kids-mode Virtua Fighters (big heads, different physics) and mascots like the inflatable bear in the background or the Daytona USA car (that can run over opponents) or the Cop from Virtua Cop (complete with an-unfair-bringing-gun-to-a-melee pistol).
-=PakoPako=- (Proud member of board 917023!)
"This was brought to you by FRUNGY, the Sport of Kings!"

User Info: Lord_Wombat

Lord_Wombat
2 months ago#4
Yeah, that was it. I've never actually played it.
"Sorry, sorry, just... Being a dick... Sometimes it's hard to resist the urge to ruin other people's lives...
-William Murderface

User Info: Davidovich1985

Davidovich1985
2 months ago#5
Seriously, though? I LOVE Bionicle Heroes.
So many robots to flirt with...

User Info: WhitePointer

WhitePointer
2 months ago#6
This list is finally on the front page now.

User Info: Canadian Dude

Canadian Dude
2 months ago#7
As others have said, I would have liked to see the descriptions fleshed out a little more. There just needs to be a little bit more substance in this list. For example, more thorough description of the game's premise and mechanics, some historical perspective, or personal anecdotes might be worth considering.

Pako Pako posted...
there are a few points of comparisons to other better-known games, but the writer is clear about that one thing they liked or a point of redemption or just a game-highlight that impressed them.

True.
May a moody baby doom a yam.

User Info: jokrayz

jokrayz
2 months ago#8
I've never played most of these games, but reading his description of why they were great didn't answer anything. For several of them. It basically says "I like this game because it has good gameplay." And then it ends there, doesn't give you info as to what makes the gameplay great.

That aside, I do love the Ultimate Ninja series, really wish they kept it going. Not a big fan of the Storm series. The combos, the different area of the stage, characters and their different abilities. different levels of jutsu you can use. It made a fun fighting game. Plus, the animations of the jutsu carried over quite well.
3DS FC: 0576 4831 1350, Brave Frontier ID: 4473008222

User Info: pirajacinto

pirajacinto
2 months ago#9
I really just wanted to give a message and say it's RAD AS HELL seeing Speed Racer the game as one of the Top underated PS2 games on this list! And it was on the front page! I recently replayed that game a few weeks ago and fell in love with it again. It's just so much fun, so many fun characters, the fighting and the alliances and enemies you can make in it while you are racing, it translates the movie so well into a video game form. Thanks for putting it on the list, SuperGintendo!
It was great seeing Aerith run around Times Square and Pedigree opponents in the train station. - Strife2
If love can hurt, then surely hate can save. - Altena

User Info: DarkCaptain3

DarkCaptain3
2 months ago#10
Was nice to see something new on the front page honestly.
"So... are you satisfied now?",
Zelkova______________Gamestop Manager, Known as the Queen of Darkness
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. #3074: The Top 10 Most Underrated PS2 Games, by SuperGintendo

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived