#3040 - The Top 10 Games Of 2017, As Chosen By Top 10 List Writers. Part 1

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. #3040 - The Top 10 Games Of 2017, As Chosen By Top 10 List Writers. Part 1

User Info: Dabrikishaw15

Dabrikishaw15
4 months ago#21
Good number of games I'd agree with.
3DS FC: 4382 - 2449 - 5707 IGN: Anthony

User Info: angeldeb82

angeldeb82
4 months ago#22
Well, I also like to point out that Yakuza 0 was first released in Japan in September 2015. Just a reminder.
Fussenpepper: I'll miss my train. Parappa: You'll miss your train. Fussenpepper: I'll miss my brain. Parappa: May I help you?

User Info: PPPPLAASSUMA

PPPPLAASSUMA
4 months ago#23
I didn't like the list. It looks like an excuse to give some super weeby and a few downright obscure games recognition because the real top 10 should be obvious with SMO BOTW HZD N:A and so many others.

But if there really is a part 2 coming with the actual top 10 of 2017 and all the obvious entries (um the switch came out in 2017 FFS and you don't have a single entry when there should be about 4 in the real top 10, and some in this list too) then it makes slightly more sense... although not really. It's as if the list was made because you didn't have room for cuphead, then threw a few obvious choices in at the bottom to make it a good read and placed the indie small games in positions they probably don't deserve.

The list came off very weeby and insular (obviously) as well as having questionable choices. Just my $.02
http://tinyurl.com/myofwa4 Mystical Ninja64 fan!

User Info: WhitePointer

WhitePointer
4 months ago#24
PPPPLAASSUMA posted...
(um the switch came out in 2017 FFS and you don't have a single entry when there should be about 4 in the real top 10, and some in this list too)

Be honest, besides BoTW and SMO, what Switch game is GotY material? MK8D? Splatoon 2? Xenoblade? Mario + Rabbids? Arms?

Those are all great games, don't get me wrong...I'm not denying the system has already got some terrific titles, but GotYs? There's honestly only 2 that would quality, those being Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey, and only SMO was Switch exclusive. I think 4 is stretching it.

User Info: LoneCourier2281

LoneCourier2281
4 months ago#25
PPPPLAASSUMA posted...
I didn't like the list. It looks like an excuse to give some super weeby and a few downright obscure games recognition because the real top 10 should be obvious with SMO BOTW HZD N:A and so many others.

But if there really is a part 2 coming with the actual top 10 of 2017 and all the obvious entries (um the switch came out in 2017 FFS and you don't have a single entry when there should be about 4 in the real top 10, and some in this list too) then it makes slightly more sense... although not really. It's as if the list was made because you didn't have room for cuphead, then threw a few obvious choices in at the bottom to make it a good read and placed the indie small games in positions they probably don't deserve.

The list came off very weeby and insular (obviously) as well as having questionable choices. Just my $.02

Well, it’s a good thing most of those games you mentioned are all slotted to be on part #2.

Also, the order was not by “better” it was by release date, I even added that into the intro if you read it.

User Info: The_Mighty_KELP

The_Mighty_KELP
4 months ago#26
LoneCourier2281 posted...
Also, the order was not by “better” it was by release date, I even added that into the intro if you read it.

I knew people were going to not get that, so I made sure to say several times in the intro "this is just 10 guys's favorite games of the year, and not meant to be ranked", but still, we got so many people who didn't understand that. -_-
Tired of the spam on the PotD board? Want to actually talk about the GameFAQs Poll of the Day? So do we!
http://tinyurl.com/GF-APotD

User Info: Heartfang

Heartfang
4 months ago#27
The only thing I didn't like was calling persona 5's amazing soundtrack limited.

Otherwise it's a fine list, and I expect to some of the other more obvious GOTY candidates like mario and neir on part 2.
Common sense is just wisdom with its sleeves rolled up

User Info: LoneCourier2281

LoneCourier2281
4 months ago#28
Heartfang posted...
The only thing I didn't like was calling persona 5's amazing soundtrack limited.

Otherwise it's a fine list, and I expect to some of the other more obvious GOTY candidates like mario and neir on part 2.

After playing Persona 5, I’d have to say that the soundtrack is limited in variety, which is fine. It’s not bad, it’s definitely jazzy and I like it.

User Info: angeldeb82

angeldeb82
4 months ago#29
Still waiting for Part 2 of the list to come along.
Fussenpepper: I'll miss my train. Parappa: You'll miss your train. Fussenpepper: I'll miss my brain. Parappa: May I help you?

User Info: 91210user

91210user
4 months ago#30
The list isn't that bad!

angeldeb82 posted...
Well, I also like to point out that Yakuza 0 was first released in Japan in September 2015. Just a reminder.

With the Yakuza games or some strong Japanese developers, they don't like it when importers buy their games! Not sure why! All their games have tags like "FOR JAPAN ONLY!" and they try to do whatever they can to make elsewhere miss out or they feel importers don't get it. Maybe the publishers would be happy to see the entry on the list there.
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. #3040 - The Top 10 Games Of 2017, As Chosen By Top 10 List Writers. Part 1

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived