#3037: The Top 10 Games You May Have Missed in 2017, by Killzonegaming

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. #3037: The Top 10 Games You May Have Missed in 2017, by Killzonegaming

User Info: angeldeb82

angeldeb82
3 months ago#1
https://www.gamefaqs.com/top10/3037-the-top-10-games-you-may-have-missed-in-2017

Although this list is not on the front page yet, I have a feeling that it will be there in a few days. BTW, this list seems to be okay, IMO.
Fussenpepper: I'll miss my train. Parappa: You'll miss your train. Fussenpepper: I'll miss my brain. Parappa: May I help you?

User Info: Reploid

Reploid
3 months ago#2
Pretty good. I don't play modern games with the exception of the game I am about to talk about, but it doesn't seem like there is a bunch of mainstream stuff that people probably would've played.

I did play Yooka-Laylee and I had to quit within an hour. I'm a huge Banjo fan and I hated this game. The music and characters are fine, but the level layouts is one of the worst I've ever seen in a 3D platformer; absolutely no flow. Would've much preferred smaller and more focuses areas with more than, I believe there are, 5 stages. Atrocious. The textures also look out of place. The trees and cliffs looked nothing like what would've been in a Rareware platformer.
Original hardware only!

User Info: Killzonegaming

Killzonegaming
3 months ago#3
This is my first time actually getting accepted on this site, after trying for years; so I'm pretty pumped. About Yooka-Laylee, the unorganized levels were a bit of a drag, but honestly Banjo-Tooie did the same thing in Cloud Cuckooland. And I should have mentioned that I'm not a fan of the short, forgettable challenges required for Pagies; but I thought they were a decent alternative to fit in all the dumb things they promised on the stretch goal page.
Severa's name got changed to Selena. Why would you do this.

User Info: LunarSilhouette

LunarSilhouette
3 months ago#4
Quick thing i noticed in the honorable mentions: YS VII should be Ys VIII. Or to use its full title, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana.
Mc: *Makes cat noises*. Yukari: "I-Is that a fox?", Mc: "It's a cat, dammit!" - Persona 3 Portable
(message deleted)

User Info: jokrayz

jokrayz
3 months ago#6
Not sure how Friday the 13th was missed. I saw people hyping it up since it was first announced.

Arms, not sure how people missed that either with Switch's limited library at the time.

Other then that. Not bad.
3DS FC: 0576 4831 1350, Brave Frontier ID: 4473008222

User Info: WhitePointer

WhitePointer
3 months ago#7
List is on the front page now.

User Info: Monopoman

Monopoman
3 months ago#8
Yeah, I think this list has some pretty damn noteworthy games. While they may not be the biggest 10 games of the year most of these titles did not fly under the radar.
BF ID: Birck #1559845599
Leads: Erza, Natsu, Lofia

User Info: babo121

babo121
3 months ago#9
Good list in general, but I noticed a few details. Many of the games you mention are available on multiple platforms an in some cases you don't mention the first platform where they were released.

I thought this was intentional or a result of the autofornatting of the Top 10 submissions in Gamefaqs but seeing how you cared to mention the different platforms on the Honorable mentions I made a bit of research:

Chaos;Child was first released for PS3 on 2015 and later for PC on 2016 according to gamefaqs' database so it shouldnt have qualified as a valid entry guven your estabkished rules. The same goes for Lovers in a Dangerous Space Time, which was released for PC and XBONE first on 2015 and later for PS4 on 2016.

Friday the 13th was released for PC in May 2017, alnost 5 months before it was released for XBONE and PS4 on October 2017.

Danganronpa V3 was released simultaneusly for PC, Vita and PS4.

Lawbreakers was released simultaneously for PS4 and PC.

Flinthook is also available for PC and XBONE and it was released for those platforms only 4 days after the PS4 version.

Cosmic Star Heroine is also available for PC and XBONE, and was released at the same time as the PS4 version.

The Surge was released first on PC one day before the PS4 and XBONE release.

Yooka-Laylee is available for all the current consoles but was released on PC first, XBONE abd PS4 later and finally on NS.

User Info: z0mgthiefbeef

z0mgthiefbeef
3 months ago#10
Good list. I think Ys VIII should have been on it (I would probably put it at #1 tbh) but I'm glad it got an honorable mention at least
If you like RPGs, play The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
  1. Boards
  2. Top 10 Lists
  3. #3037: The Top 10 Games You May Have Missed in 2017, by Killzonegaming

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived