This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

WiiWare games w/DLC pt.2 (Alien Crush Returns and Space Invaders Get Even)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii - Virtual Console and WiiWare
  3. WiiWare games w/DLC pt.2 (Alien Crush Returns and Space Invaders Get Even)

User Info: JonnyBoyFF

JonnyBoyFF
6 months ago#1
Just want to know if anyone can confirm if the DLC that the game offered years ago is still available.

Space Invaders seems to have content that you purchase, so I think that is likely to still be around.
Alien Crush seemed to have a SpotPass-type DLC offering, so I think that's unlikely.

Just wondering if anyone knows for sure. If I can't get the DLC, it'll drop in priority on my list.
Thanks!
Life's too short to hate! Let's band together!
Become immortal Before it's too late!

User Info: Oliver_Oliver

Oliver_Oliver
6 months ago#2
Damn good question.
I'm still procrastinating on spending big time on a mass Wiiware spree, but it's going to happen soon (mainly because the time limit for buying games is slowly coming upon us). I'll find out soon.
Confidence? It's nothing but an illusion.

User Info: MawiocUdwoc

MawiocUdwoc
6 months ago#3
I don't know about Space Invaders, but I've been unable to connect to WFC with Alien Crush since it was shut down (in 2014), so I'm thinking that anything that wasn't downloaded before that can't be downloaded anymore...

User Info: JonnyBoyFF

JonnyBoyFF
6 months ago#4
Thank you! That's helpful information. Bummer. Not game-breaking, but still a bummer.

So with Space Invaders Get Even... Can anyone at least confirm if you can still purchase DLC from other WiiWare games? Like the Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles games, for example?
Life's too short to hate! Let's band together!
Become immortal Before it's too late!

User Info: Venom3D

Venom3D
6 months ago#5
DLC purchases should still be possible until the Wii Shop shuts down, provided the store didn't use WFC as a backend. I bought Megaman 9 and 10 DLC three months ago.

MawiocUdwoc
6 months ago#6
I'm thinking that in Alien Crush Returns' case, the "DLC" wasn't really that since unlike other games like Mega Man 9 & 10, FFIV The After Years and Bust-A-Move Plus (in which DLC can still be purchased and redownloaded), a separate file isn't created for it when downloading DLC.

I think it was more like some sort of flag that unlocked features each time someone connected to WFC (sorta like the WFC emblem on the Mario & Sonic games), and since that's not possible anymore, that's why any extra content can't be enabled anymore.

User Info: Oliver_Oliver

Oliver_Oliver
6 months ago#7
MawiocUdwoc posted...
I'm thinking that in Alien Crush Returns' case, the "DLC" wasn't really that since unlike other games like Mega Man 9 & 10, FFIV The After Years and Bust-A-Move Plus (in which DLC can still be purchased and redownloaded), a separate file isn't created for it when downloading DLC.

I think it was more like some sort of flag that unlocked features each time someone connected to WFC (sorta like the WFC emblem on the Mario & Sonic games), and since that's not possible anymore, that's why any extra content can't be enabled anymore.

^THIS.
I bought and downloaded some Bust-A-Move Plus DLC about two days ago which contained lots of extra classic levels and I had NO problems what-so-ever.
However, DLC that's set up like Alien Crush (WFC) cannot be downloaded anymore.
Confidence? It's nothing but an illusion.

User Info: dhowerter

dhowerter
6 months ago#8
All this is good to know :)

I have 3 main games I probably will be buying Paid DLC from:

- Mega Man 9

- Mega Man 10

- Final Fantasy IV: The After Years

Venom3D already confirmed that Mega Man 9 and 10 DLC is still there.

Can anyone confirm that Final Fantasy IV: The After Years DLC is still there and available for purchase?

(you know, all the "Tales": Rydia's Tale, Porom's Tale, Yang's Tale, etc.)

(You don't have to actually buy it ;), just make sure you can get to the Menu where you do buy it :)

Thanks!

MawiocUdwoc
6 months ago#9
I looked up about Space Invaders and it seems to have regular DLC (meaning, a separate file is created) so it should still work.

However, you might want to consider that the DLC is quite big (over 300 blocks, besides the actual game) if you're short of space.

User Info: zzeennoolloo

zzeennoolloo
5 months ago#10
Bumping for later (I have some info for this topic soon).
Creator of the most talked about 500 post topic on the Wii U board, the most populated board on Gamefaqs. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/72708411
  1. Boards
  2. Wii - Virtual Console and WiiWare
  3. WiiWare games w/DLC pt.2 (Alien Crush Returns and Space Invaders Get Even)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived