This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best Virtual Console Games to Get Before Virtual Console Apocalypse

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii - Virtual Console and WiiWare
  3. Best Virtual Console Games to Get Before Virtual Console Apocalypse

User Info: Zero_Maniac

Zero_Maniac
2 months ago#11
Shamrock99 posted...

Monster World IV (Genesis)

You can get this on PSN too.

Littlefoot posted...
And Chrono Trigger as well. While it has been released on other services (PSN Store and Steam), the original SNES version is considered to be the best version (well, maybe the DS version surpasses it but i don’t know, never played the game)

As someone who owns the Wii VC version, the DS version, and the PS1 Classic version, the original/Wii VC version is the best experience and should be everyone's first experience with the game. The DS version is good for convenience and portability, but the translation has little of the charm of the original. The PS1 version is nice if you don't have a DS, Wii, or a SNES + original copy, and instead have a PSP/PS3/Vita. The load times are noticeable, but thankfully setting the disc load speed to fast on the PSP and Vita cuts them down quite a bit.
"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."

User Info: AaronTheLuigi

AaronTheLuigi
2 months ago#12
If you like spaceship shoot' em ups, the Wii Virtual Console is the cheapest place to get a (legal) copy of MUSHA on the Sega Genesis. The original cartridges command triple-digit prices online.
If everyone is ahead of me, then all I can do is climb up.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: Oliver_Oliver

Oliver_Oliver
2 months ago#13
AaronTheLuigi posted...
If you like spaceship shoot' em ups, the Wii Virtual Console is the cheapest place to get a (legal) copy of MUSHA on the Sega Genesis. The original cartridges command triple-digit prices online.

Musha is awesome.
One of my favorite Shmups.
Confidence? It's nothing but an illusion.

User Info: SavageGlum100

SavageGlum100
2 months ago#14
Oliver_Oliver posted...
AaronTheLuigi posted...

Musha is awesome.
One of my favorite Shmups.

Blazing Lazers on the Turbografx-16 is really awesome.

User Info: WarGreymon77

WarGreymon77
1 month ago#15
Super Metroid is $50 anywhere online. $7.99 on VC. $80 on a SNES Classic

Unfortunately, I probably won't get to buy it before the VC shuts down. I have a 3DS but... not N3DS.
Creator of the NEW Digimon: Digital Monsters community board!
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1430-digimon-digital-monsters

User Info: Oliver_Oliver

Oliver_Oliver
1 month ago#16
WarGreymon77 posted...

Unfortunately, I probably won't get to buy it before the VC shuts down. I have a 3DS but... not N3DS.

Great game, but yeah, this end of March deadline to buy stuff in the Wii shop is annoying due to having to pay bills for other stuff.
Confidence? It's nothing but an illusion.

User Info: zzeennoolloo

zzeennoolloo
1 month ago#17
Oliver_Oliver posted...
WarGreymon77 posted...

Great game, but yeah, this end of March deadline to buy stuff in the Wii shop is annoying due to having to pay bills for other stuff.

Bills suck ass.
Creator of the most talked about 500 post topic on the Wii U board, the most populated board on Gamefaqs. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/72708411

User Info: PresidentPanda

PresidentPanda
1 month ago#18
Check out the Turbografx library for some (hidden?) gems.

-Chew Man Fu
-Neutopia 1 + 2 (However, the first one is on the Wii U VC.)
-Bonk 1-3
-YS 1 + 2
-Splatterhouse

I'm sure there's others. I picked up Bravoman the other day and it seems interesting. I'm also planning on picking up Gate of Thunder. (I believe Lords of Thunder is on the Wii U VC, but Gate isn't.)
My Mario Maker levels:
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/CONKER-RULES
PresidentPanda posted...
Check out the Turbografx library for some (hidden?) gems.

-Chew Man Fu
-Neutopia 1 + 2 (However, the first one is on the Wii U VC.)
-Bonk 1-3
-YS 1 + 2
-Splatterhouse

I'm sure there's others. I picked up Bravoman the other day and it seems interesting. I'm also planning on picking up Gate of Thunder. (I believe Lords of Thunder is on the Wii U VC, but Gate isn't.)

Those are fun games.
They are no Earthbound, but they are fun games.
I want my Earthbound!!!

User Info: Shamrock99

Shamrock99
4 weeks ago#20
Is Earthbound on the Switch? I have zero interest in Wii U, but could see myself buying a Switch one day. Really too bad Earthbound wasn't on original Wii VC, in which it would have been one of the first games I'd buy on it.

Will probably just have to emulate it one day.
"Saturn users are people who truly love games." - Hideo Kojima
http://tinyurl.com/hu8kkln | http://www.backloggery.com/Kajicat
  1. Boards
  2. Wii - Virtual Console and WiiWare
  3. Best Virtual Console Games to Get Before Virtual Console Apocalypse

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.