This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wii Points Purchase Combos

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii - Virtual Console and WiiWare
  3. Wii Points Purchase Combos

User Info: d_parker

d_parker
7 months ago#1
So, maybe you're like me and are a cheap bastard and can't stand the thought of having left over Wii points when the store closes and you want to make every Wii point purchase count.

Tell us about what game purchases you've made to have no Wii points left...

For me, I purchased 3000 Wii points and got the following:

La Mulana for 1000 points. (313 blocks)
Art Style Orbient for 600 points. (126 blocks)
Virtual Arcade Tecmo Bowl for 600 points. (22 blocks)
Virtual Arcade Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando (who the hell calls it that?) for 800 points. (64 blocks)

For another 3000 Wii points purchase I got:

Contra Rebirth for 1000 points. (274 blocks)
Fast Draw Showdown for 500 points. (320 blocks)
Pearl Harbour Trilogy for 700 points. (298 blocks)
Virtual Arcade Zazzon for 800 points. (31 blocks)

The Virtual Arcade games look a little fuzzy but I have fond childhood memories of Zaxxon and I could never really afford to play Tecmo Bowl as much as I wanted as a teenager.

It may be considered cheesy, but so far, Fast Draw Showdown is my favourite of the bunch - it's like having an arcade machine in your home and its a fun and simple game you play with your family and friends. So far, I've played all three difficulty levels and haven't noticed any delay some others have reported.

User Info: Venom3D

Venom3D
7 months ago#2
Since the shutdown announcement, I bought 8000 points and obtained the following:
Alex Kidd in Miracle World (500)
Burger Time (500)
Final Fantasy (500)
Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures (800)
Megaman 9 DLC (800 combined)
Megaman 10 DLC (800 combined)
Prince of Persia (800)
Super Fantasy Zone (900)
Super Star Wars (800)
Super Empire Strikes Back (800)
Super Return of the Jedi (800)

And I'm thinking about getting the following: (11000 points total)
Alien Crush Returns (800)
Alien Soldier (900)
A Boy and His Blob (500)
Bubble Bobble (500)
Darius Twin (800)
Excitebike World Rally (1000)
Faxanadu (500)
Galaga '90 (600)
Gradius 2 (900)
Gradius 3 (800)
Mr. Driller W (800)
Secret Commando (600)
Sonic Chaos (500)
Sonic the Hedgehog, Master System (500)
Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Master System (500)
Super Bonk (800)

User Info: MawiocUdwoc

MawiocUdwoc
7 months ago#3
I haven't been able to make any lately but on my last times I purchased points I made sure I got games that used up all of them, or that left just enough for some DLC.

Like my last purchase a bit over a year ago (2000 points):

Rage of The Gladiator (1000)
Bomberman 93 (600)
Bust-A-Move Plus DLC (400, both packs)

My wishlist was too big but I already gave up on some games that I didn't want that much or that I can get in some other way, so now I'll have to see if they all add up to a multiple of 1000.

User Info: Oliver_Oliver

Oliver_Oliver
6 months ago#4
I'm SLOWLY putting together something.
I will list it out before purchasing soon.
Confidence? It's nothing but an illusion.

User Info: WarGreymon77

WarGreymon77
6 months ago#5
I hate this Wii points bulls***. I never end up with enough to buy multiple games.

User Info: Oliver_Oliver

Oliver_Oliver
6 months ago#6
WarGreymon77 posted...
I hate this Wii points bulls***. I never end up with enough to buy multiple games.

It's highly annoying how they force everyone to buy in sets of points (EX: 1000 points, 2000 points, etc). This sucks because I might only need 1,700 points, but I'm FORCED to buy 2000 points and then I end up with 300 points left over which I can't use for anything unless I buy more points to add on to it.
Confidence? It's nothing but an illusion.

User Info: zzeennoolloo

zzeennoolloo
5 months ago#7
Oliver_Oliver posted...
WarGreymon77 posted...

It's highly annoying how they force everyone to buy in sets of points (EX: 1000 points, 2000 points, etc). This sucks because I might only need 1,700 points, but I'm FORCED to buy 2000 points and then I end up with 300 points left over which I can't use for anything unless I buy more points to add on to it.

I will agree that is indeed an annoying thing.
Creator of the most talked about 500 post topic on the Wii U board, the most populated board on Gamefaqs. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/72708411

User Info: Littlefoot

Littlefoot
5 months ago#8
Added 2500 points recently and bought Retro City Rampage, Ocarina of Time and Sonic 2 (Master System).

I already know i won’t be able to buy everything in the Wii Shop before they disable adding more points, so i’m focusing on what i want the most. Decided to focus on getting all the N64 games (because the Wii U’s emulation of that is spotty) and most of the good WiiWare games.

The PAL Wii Shop thankfully lets you redeem regular eShop cards (no idea why this doesn’t work for NA), which is great since i don’t have any credit card to make purchases with.
Rest in peace, beloved Wii Shop Channel.

User Info: d_parker

d_parker
5 months ago#9
How is the N64 version of Mario Kart - never played it but have Mario Kart for the Wii - is it worth it if I already have it for the Wii?

User Info: Littlefoot

Littlefoot
5 months ago#10
d_parker posted...
How is the N64 version of Mario Kart - never played it but have Mario Kart for the Wii - is it worth it if I already have it for the Wii?

Well, Mario Kart 64 is playable even today, but saying it doesn't show age by now would be lying. The drifting can take some practice getting used to and the AI rubberbands on you like crazy.

Also, the game is much more punishing that it's sequels. On one racetrack (Wario Stadium), there's a section where you need to go over a big ramp in order to land at the opposite end. The stupid thing is that, unlike every other Mario Kart where Lakitu would have picked you up and reset you if you fail the jump, in this track failing the jump (either by a mistake or getting hit by an item at the wrong time) will cause you fall all the way to the bottom, and force you to drive up to the ramp all the way again. If this happens in GP, you can kiss any chance of winning the race goodbye.
Rest in peace, beloved Wii Shop Channel.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii - Virtual Console and WiiWare
  3. Wii Points Purchase Combos

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived