This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ARMAGEDDON!!! Wii Points cannot be purchased after 3/27/2018, SHUTDOWN 1/31/2019

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii - Virtual Console and WiiWare
  3. ARMAGEDDON!!! Wii Points cannot be purchased after 3/27/2018, SHUTDOWN 1/31/2019

User Info: SavageGlum100

SavageGlum100
2 months ago#71
The_REAL_Duke_O posted...
It's going to be July.
The VC will officially die at the end of January 2019.
Only seven more months left.... then.... lights out.

Time is moving fast.

User Info: zzeennoolloo

zzeennoolloo
2 months ago#72
SavageGlum100 posted...
The_REAL_Duke_O posted...
It's going to be July.
The VC will officially die at the end of January 2019.
Only seven more months left.... then.... lights out.

Time is moving fast.

Too fast.
Creator of the most talked about 500 post topic on the Wii U board, the most populated board on Gamefaqs. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/72708411

User Info: The_REAL_Duke_O

The_REAL_Duke_O
2 months ago#73
July is almost over.
Only a few months left until the FINAL Wii Armageddon.
I want my Earthbound!!!

User Info: LordAndrew

LordAndrew
2 months ago#74
I've been waiting for some of the games I want to be announced for other platforms before making my last purchases, but it's not happening. I don't have enough points to buy all of them.
I like video games. They're pretty good.

User Info: Oliver_Oliver

Oliver_Oliver
2 months ago#75
LordAndrew posted...
I've been waiting for some of the games I want to be announced for other platforms before making my last purchases, but it's not happening. I don't have enough points to buy all of them.

I seriously wish they would allow us to add more points before they get rid of the Wii shop.
Confidence? It's nothing but an illusion.

User Info: Littlefoot

Littlefoot
1 month ago#76
Oliver_Oliver posted...
LordAndrew posted...

I seriously wish they would allow us to add more points before they get rid of the Wii shop.

Same here. Taking away the ability to add points 10 months in advance of the shutdown feels like a very questionable decision.
A dino with passion for games and technology.
Shantae for Smash Ultimate, please.

User Info: mad9671

mad9671
1 month ago#77
Well, at least they (Nintendo Wiishop) should allow us to purchase something for the remaining Wii points (like I have 200 points left which cannot be used to buy anything on wiishop- forget DLCs because I couldn't own original game for which DLCs were present).
For example , Sega classics genesis(STEAM) has 50 classic games in it and each game cost about 1 USDollar .
So, I don't understand why the virtual console games on Wiishop are priced so high even at this time (2018) like 5,6,7,8,9 US dollars/per games ?!
If 100 points equals 1USD , then Nintendo should let us purchase atleast 1virtual console game per US dollar/100 points for a maximum of atleast 2 or 3 games(Nintendo+ third party games as well) ! Because I don't think one can purchase any game for even 400 wii points, I guess .
Nintendo should atleast allow this for customers to clear out the remaining Wii points on their Wii accounts !
Since these are just digital downloads , Nintendo are NOT going to lose anything by allowing this to happen (it will be like a parting gift/memento once the Wii shop closes)!
One impulse from a vernal wood, may teach you more of man; Of moral evil and of good , Than all the sages can ! --William Wordsworth

User Info: mad9671

mad9671
1 month ago#78
Huh,
It's fine even if they don't reduce the price of virtual console games(I am referring to NES, SNES, GENESIS, TG-16 ones and NOT N64,Wiiware and other titles that cost more then those of SNES ones)!
But atleast let us (people with 200-400 points or less) to gift points to someone who could never afford a single Wii points card !
OR
Let us redeem MyNintendo Gold points for Wii Virtual Console and Wiiware games/titles.
OR
To convert MyNintendo Gold points to Wii points and add it to remaining points (e.g.,200 wii points etc) and purchase/redeem virtual console titles!
Nintendo should at least let us do something useful with our left over Wii points. Please Nintendo !
One impulse from a vernal wood, may teach you more of man; Of moral evil and of good , Than all the sages can ! --William Wordsworth

User Info: WarGreymon77

WarGreymon77
1 month ago#79
Littlefoot posted...
Oliver_Oliver posted...
LordAndrew posted...

Same here. Taking away the ability to add points 10 months in advance of the shutdown feels like a very questionable decision.

Very much this.
Creator of the official Digimon: Digital Monsters community board!
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1430-digimon-digital-monsters

User Info: JonnyBoyFF

JonnyBoyFF
1 month ago#80
I think the reasoning is that this allows people ample time to redownload any purchases before it's too late to do so.
Life's too short to hate! Let's band together!
Become immortal Before it's too late!
  1. Boards
  2. Wii - Virtual Console and WiiWare
  3. ARMAGEDDON!!! Wii Points cannot be purchased after 3/27/2018, SHUTDOWN 1/31/2019

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.