This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ARMAGEDDON!!! Wii Points cannot be purchased after 3/27/2018, SHUTDOWN 1/31/2019

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii - Virtual Console and WiiWare
  3. ARMAGEDDON!!! Wii Points cannot be purchased after 3/27/2018, SHUTDOWN 1/31/2019

User Info: triple_lei

triple_lei
2 months ago#51
Made it out of both my Wii and Wii U with zero points remaining and... almost zero regrets. I guess I'll get Gradius III (SNES) on cartridge even though Gradius Collection on PSP has the arcade version.

I ended up buying more My Life as a Darklord DLC than I expected, and I'm not thrilled with my last points purchase because with 700 points left, none of the TurboGrafx-16 games were truly Wii Shop Channel exclusive; it looks like everything I'd want is also on the Wii U eShop.(I picked Bomberman '94, by the way.)

Anyone get this error?

https://twitter.com/triple_lei/status/978380416313843712

User Info: GeneraLight

GeneraLight
2 months ago#52
I have 5000 Wii Points ($50 USD) on my 2006 Christmas White Wii, and 20000 Wii Points ($200 USD) on my 2010 25th Anniversary Red Wii.

User Info: Jerrynsteph4eva

Jerrynsteph4eva
2 months ago#53
Managed to use up all my Wii points and got quite a few fun games out of it. Bought a few Turbo games (Rondo of Blood, Ys 1 & 2, Neutopia 1 & 2) and I've been playing them pretty much all day.

User Info: Lhunthangion

Lhunthangion
2 months ago#54
*A scene shows The_Real_Duke_O staggering out of a destroyed and deserted hospital. The hospital TVs all show the Wii Shop error message where people bloodily lay on the ground dead.*

https://youtu.be/of-Bqmlgj98

((I think with the board regulars we can actually turn this into a text-based-RPG))
I AM ERROR.

User Info: LordAndrew

LordAndrew
2 months ago#55
I loaded my account with Wii Points and bought ActRaiser, Castlevania: Rondo of Blood, DoReMi Fantasy, Final Fantasy VI, Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen, Pulseman, and the WiiWare title Jett Rocket.

I have 7100 points remaining, which unfortunately is not enough to buy everything I want. The Rebirth games will eat into 3000 of my points, and Fluidity another 1200. I guess I'll just have to wait it out and hope some of the games I want will be ported to other platforms before the end of January.
I like video games. They're pretty good.

User Info: KyoKusanagi

KyoKusanagi
2 months ago#56
The_REAL_Duke_O posted...
Venom3D posted...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wILFddYxKOM

NNNOOOOO!!!!
NNNOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
WHAT THE f***!!!!!
NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Can we finally get rid of this nut now for s***posting?
twitch.tv/samuraisnake

User Info: Oliver_Oliver

Oliver_Oliver
2 months ago#57
Lhunthangion posted...
*A scene shows The_Real_Duke_O staggering out of a destroyed and deserted hospital. The hospital TVs all show the Wii Shop error message where people bloodily lay on the ground dead.*

https://youtu.be/of-Bqmlgj98

((I think with the board regulars we can actually turn this into a text-based-RPG))

LMAO. A text based RPG on all of this sounds awesome as hell.
Confidence? It's nothing but an illusion.

User Info: SavageGlum100

SavageGlum100
2 months ago#58
zzeennoolloo posted...
Armageddon time?!?
Sorry, but my body is not ready.....

That's what she said. LOL. Sorry, bad joke, but I couldn't resist. LOL.

User Info: Lhunthangion

Lhunthangion
2 months ago#59
*Lhunthangion is seen at a Gas Station that looks like it's been raided. Overhead lights are seen flickering, and the frozen food section has been completely cleaned out of hot pockets and frozen pizzas. Luckily for him, 2 bags of Xtra Flamming Hot Cheetos were still available, however there wasn't much else.*

"Damn, this place has already been cleaned the hell out" he said outloud to himself.

*A sudden sound of glass being stepped on was heard. Lhunthangion drew a Wooden Sword since it was dangerous to go alone so he felt he should take it, and he saw @Oliver_Oliver starting the Microwave to heat up Nachos.*

Lhunthangion: .......?!
I AM ERROR.

User Info: The_REAL_Duke_O

The_REAL_Duke_O
1 month ago#60
Lhunthangion posted...
*Lhunthangion is seen at a Gas Station that looks like it's been raided. Overhead lights are seen flickering, and the frozen food section has been completely cleaned out of hot pockets and frozen pizzas. Luckily for him, 2 bags of Xtra Flamming Hot Cheetos were still available, however there wasn't much else.*

"Damn, this place has already been cleaned the hell out" he said outloud to himself.

*A sudden sound of glass being stepped on was heard. Lhunthangion drew a Wooden Sword since it was dangerous to go alone so he felt he should take it, and he saw @Oliver_Oliver starting the Microwave to heat up Nachos.*

Lhunthangion: .......?!

Do one of you have a copy of EARTHBOUND on you?
I need it.
I want my Earthbound!!!
  1. Boards
  2. Wii - Virtual Console and WiiWare
  3. ARMAGEDDON!!! Wii Points cannot be purchased after 3/27/2018, SHUTDOWN 1/31/2019

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.