This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii - Virtual Console and WiiWare
  3. The 2015 edition of: tracking delistings on the Virtual Console / Wiiware

User Info: Shamrock99

Shamrock99
3 years ago#71
Rufus_the_rat posted...
MS 4 is only available on the VC. It IS contained in the Metal Slug Anthology disc release for Wii, but that does not support the classic controller so its kind of lame.

That's why the version found on PS2 is awesome.
http://i.minus.com/iOldbQZQdyivZ.gif | http://www.backloggery.com/Kajicat

User Info: Nintendork

Nintendork
3 years ago#72
Too bad it doesn't have Metal Slug Advance...

I've still got the GBA cartridge though, so it's no big deal.

Ya know, the old DSiWare games that are being removed from the eShop (recently, anyway) are actually listed in a notification on Japanese 3DSs. The most recent one was sent out about a month in advance. I think they should do the same thing in all regions, and they should send notifications on the Wii U about old WiiWare and VC titles that are going to be removed.
GameFAQs member since '96 (previously: Nintendork)~Every Nintendo system+NP mag
+ over 900 non-digital games | 3DS Ambassador + Wii U NNID: OldSchoolGamer1

User Info: PedroMontana

PedroMontana
3 years ago#73
Ironclad on the Neo Geo VC is awesome, i love the StarFox-like different routes.
Devil's Third

User Info: MawiocUdwoc

MawiocUdwoc
3 years ago#74
So I felt like double-checking every VC game listed was still on the Shop Channel and all numbers but the NES ones matched (there are apparently 92 available and my channel says 91), so I checked and I'm missing Super C from the list. After what happened with Arkanoid Plus I imagine it's another game that for no reason in particular is not listed in my country (Mexico) so if anyone can check their channels it'd be helpful. I'll check the WiiWare releases next.

(the game itself doesn't worry me though, since I plan on getting Contra 4 for DS and I heard both Contra and Super C are unlockables there)
My collection (and progress) of games: www.backloggery.com/mavarac

MawiocUdwoc
3 years ago#75
WiiWare games were next and comparing the current amount of games released in America (330), there are several missing from my channel (I have 319):

Pirates: The Key of Dreams
Big Kahuna Party
Arkanoid Plus
Learning with The PooYoos: Episode 1
UNO (glad I got this one long ago!)
Learning with The PooYoos: Episode 2
Yard Sale Hidden Treasures: Sunnyville
Tales of Elastic Boy: Mission 1
Learning with The PooYoos: Episode 3
Ubongo (EDIT: I just saw it's marked as delisted already by the OP, but most sites don't have it marked as such)
Karaoke Joysound (I noticed this one was removed like a week or so after it was added)

I also noticed the demos from Vampire Crystals, Cave Story and Anima were removed, but the latter is also gone from my downloads and my account activity.

Just for kicks I changed my country to United States and surprise, both the demo and the download of Karaoke Joysound reappeared, as well as Arkanoid Plus and Super C (on Virtual Console)... so they did remove them just here in Mexico or maybe in other Latin American countries, but I'll do more checking some other time.

User Info: Nintendork

Nintendork
3 years ago#76
Doesn't anyone agree with what I said? That they should be sending out notifications about these in advance (like they just did for some DSiWare games in Japan). If they put any thought into it, they'd realize that actually announcing it and giving people a chance to get 'em before they're gone could make them more profit.
GameFAQs member since '96 (previously: Nintendork)~Every Nintendo system+NP mag
+ over 900 non-digital games | 3DS Ambassador + Wii U NNID: OldSchoolGamer1

User Info: masterdevil007

masterdevil007
3 years ago#77
Yeah, I never understood why certain companies were jerks like that. SNK recently delisted Trouble Witches Neo! without any warning whatsoever, which was a pretty crappy move. They seriously need to get rid of the blockheads that make up its management.

The best examples I can think of in these situations are, ironically enough, Capcom and Microsoft. The former not only warned everyone of the MvC games being delisted, but they gave everyone ample time to purchase the games AND put them on sale during the week they were being delisted.

The latter has announced the shutting down of XBL Indie Games almost two years in advance and because XBLIG titles requires an initial mandatory XBL sign-in, they'll be releasing an update that will remove that patch so if ever you lack internet access or XBL is shut down or whatever, you'll still be able to play your games.

User Info: zzeennoolloo

zzeennoolloo
3 years ago#78
FirstNintendork posted...
Doesn't anyone agree with what I said? That they should be sending out notifications about these in advance (like they just did for some DSiWare games in Japan). If they put any thought into it, they'd realize that actually announcing it and giving people a chance to get 'em before they're gone could make them more profit.

I 100% agree.
These "silent" delistings only piss everyone off.Giving people a warning would benefit everyone.
Creator of the most talked about 500 post topic on the Wii U board, the most populated board on Gamefaqs. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/72708411

User Info: Shamrock99

Shamrock99
3 years ago#79
^ Agreed. If a company would simply put out a tweet that their game is being delisted in a week, it would be reported by news outlets and word of mouth on message boards and therefore give whatever chance the title might have a shot for a final sales surge.

Pretty mind blowing that they don't even attempt to tell people it's their last chance to buy it.
http://i.minus.com/iOldbQZQdyivZ.gif | http://www.backloggery.com/Kajicat

MawiocUdwoc
3 years ago#80
I agree about the notifications too. I wouldn't have noticed they removed UNO since it still appears on my "games I've downloaded" list and I wouldn't have reason to look for it on the full list.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii - Virtual Console and WiiWare
  3. The 2015 edition of: tracking delistings on the Virtual Console / Wiiware
  • Topic Archived