This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are YOUR favorite Virtual console or Wiiware memories.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii - Virtual Console and WiiWare
  3. What are YOUR favorite Virtual console or Wiiware memories.
Oliver_Oliver posted...
zzeennoolloo posted...
SavageGlum100 posted...
Getting expensive Neo Geo games for only $9 each (much better than $1,500 each).

I strongly agree.

The Wii Armaggedon is almost near!!!!

Dammit!!!
I want my Earthbound!!!

User Info: zzeennoolloo

zzeennoolloo
4 months ago#162
A NUCLEAR WARNING:
Last two days (this Saturday and Sunday) to buy more points in the original Wii shop.
Definitely get points before Monday (Nintendo has a habit of closing stuff early.... damn bastards. LOL).
Creator of the most talked about 500 post topic on the Wii U board, the most populated board on Gamefaqs. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/72708411
(edited 4 months ago)
Revisiting the Wii U VC for it's final days of full functionality reminded me of a few more and added some as well:

*Playing the SMB2j NES version for the first time and getting my butt handed to me but growing to love the game after learning some new tricks.
*Playing DKC co-op with Gamecube controllers. Definitely not designed for that game though because of that I own two Classic Controllers now lol. Surprised we even got through the two worlds we did.
*Revisiting Chrono Trigger & Final Fantasy III while simultaneously introducing them to my wife. She enjoyed Chrono Trigger and we're about a quarter of the way through FF3/6. She says it's cool so far but definitely "ripped off some stuff from Star Wars".
*Laughing and speculating along with my wife as we make our way through the three Phoenix Wright games. The first two drew her in but after solving the third case, she was intrigued and hooked. I prefer these on the (3)DS but the Wii versions allow us to play together easier.
*Finding and enjoying quite a few Turbografx games such as Rondo of Blood, Neutopia and Splatterhouse (having never owned the system or played many of the games outside of Ys), especially during the twilight of the Wii Shop.

Thanks Wii Shop for all the fun. Only a few more hours until the beginning of the end I suppose.

User Info: Oliver_Oliver

Oliver_Oliver
4 months ago#164
Jerrynsteph4eva posted...
Revisiting the Wii U VC for it's final days of full functionality reminded me of a few more and added some as well:

*Playing the SMB2j NES version for the first time and getting my butt handed to me but growing to love the game after learning some new tricks.
*Playing DKC co-op with Gamecube controllers. Definitely not designed for that game though because of that I own two Classic Controllers now lol. Surprised we even got through the two worlds we did.
*Revisiting Chrono Trigger & Final Fantasy III while simultaneously introducing them to my wife. She enjoyed Chrono Trigger and we're about a quarter of the way through FF3/6. She says it's cool so far but definitely "ripped off some stuff from Star Wars".
*Laughing and speculating along with my wife as we make our way through the three Phoenix Wright games. The first two drew her in but after solving the third case, she was intrigued and hooked. I prefer these on the (3)DS but the Wii versions allow us to play together easier.
*Finding and enjoying quite a few Turbografx games such as Rondo of Blood, Neutopia and Splatterhouse (having never owned the system or played many of the games outside of Ys), especially during the twilight of the Wii Shop.

Thanks Wii Shop for all the fun. Only a few more hours until the beginning of the end I suppose.

Great post!!
Confidence? It's nothing but an illusion.

User Info: MartinIIIa

MartinIIIa
4 months ago#165
The Wii ports of the Phoenix Wright games were quite lazy, but I find presenting evidence with the Wiimote strangely satisfying.

User Info: SavageGlum100

SavageGlum100
4 months ago#166
MartinIIIa posted...
The Wii ports of the Phoenix Wright games were quite lazy, but I find presenting evidence with the Wiimote strangely satisfying.

I think they are based on the original Japanese Gameboy Advance versions with a few things added in to make it compatible with the Wii remote (as well as a translation). The DS versions (released worldwide) are more polished than the Japanese GBA versions.
Where is EARTHBOUND?!?
I still have 1000 points I'm holding on to!!
I want my Earthbound!!!

User Info: zzeennoolloo

zzeennoolloo
3 months ago#168
The_REAL_Duke_O posted...
Where is EARTHBOUND?!?

Really!?!?
Creator of the most talked about 500 post topic on the Wii U board, the most populated board on Gamefaqs. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/72708411
zzeennoolloo posted...
Where is EARTHBOUND?!?

Really!?!?

Yes, really!
I want my Earthbound!!!

User Info: MartinIIIa

MartinIIIa
2 months ago#170
zzeennoolloo posted...
Where is EARTHBOUND?!?

Really!?!?

Yes, really!

But wouldn't Earthbound be an 800 point game?
  1. Boards
  2. Wii - Virtual Console and WiiWare
  3. What are YOUR favorite Virtual console or Wiiware memories.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.