This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Easy Question: Everyone can download Games with Gold for free??

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360 - Xbox Live Arcade and Marketplace
  3. Easy Question: Everyone can download Games with Gold for free??

User Info: zackcase

zackcase
1 year ago#1
A friend of mine recently bought a month of Xbox Live Gold to enjoy multiplayer. Due to unforseen circumstances, he had desperately tried to refund his membership.

Oddly enough, Microsoft refunded $9.99 to the cent, even though 2 days had passed and he downloaded the Games with Gold for free that month.

He suggested that all Xbox One/360 users can simply buy a Gold membership, download the free games, and then get a refund.

Can anyone tell me the problem with this logic??

User Info: Grenadus

Grenadus
1 year ago#2
zackcase posted...
A friend of mine recently bought a month of Xbox Live Gold to enjoy multiplayer. Due to unforseen circumstances, he had desperately tried to refund his membership.

Oddly enough, Microsoft refunded $9.99 to the cent, even though 2 days had passed and he downloaded the Games with Gold for free that month.

He suggested that all Xbox One/360 users can simply buy a Gold membership, download the free games, and then get a refund.

Can anyone tell me the problem with this logic??

Asking for too many refunds is fraud which will result in your account being permanently banned. Xbox One GwG titles will not work if you don't have Gold.
XBL/PSN: Xephyreus
Feel free to add me

User Info: Chunker_Butt

Chunker_Butt
1 year ago#3
Ha! I never knew that last part. I don't really download many GWG games as I'm a collector and I truly dislike digital-only. (Don't get to see in my games room, and fills up my HD without ability to quickly install/uninstall from disk).

The ones I have downloaded are all X360 titles I think. Not sure I've downloaded and X1 titles yet. But I always assumed if my membership lapsed I'd still be able to at least play the games is downloaded to that point.

Ha! Now I dislike digital even more!!
"No one should take themselves so seriously" - Blink 182
"No matter where I roam, every single soul is a poem" - MF
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360 - Xbox Live Arcade and Marketplace
  3. Easy Question: Everyone can download Games with Gold for free??

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived