This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

SSD or HDD for failing HDD

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC - Hardware Discussion
  3. SSD or HDD for failing HDD

User Info: twilitlink33

twilitlink33
1 year ago#1
Hi all,

I have two 1TB HDD's at the moment. Got a message this morning advising my D drive, with all my steam games on it is failing. Says to back up.

I was meaning to potentially switch to SSD, so now I am wondering if I should make that switch, or just buy another HDD and backup my files.

Any suggestions? If I should stick with HDD for now, any recommendations on which one?
i5 2500k 3.2 ghz quad core, GTX 770 2GB, 20GB DDR3, 750 watt OCZ, Win10

User Info: grimakis

grimakis
1 year ago#2
Which drive is your OS drive?
i5 6600k @3.5GHz | ASUS Z170-A | 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR4 3200 RAM | MSI GeForce GTX 1070 | CORSAIR RM650X 650w |

User Info: twilitlink33

twilitlink33
1 year ago#3
My C drive
i5 2500k 3.2 ghz quad core, GTX 770 2GB, 20GB DDR3, 750 watt OCZ, Win10

User Info: grimakis

grimakis
1 year ago#4
Ok, well just FYI, but if you do get an SSD it would seem to be a waste for you to use it simply as storage and have your OS on the HDD.

Get a large SSD, and copy C drive to it, then copy D drive to current C drive(HDD).
i5 6600k @3.5GHz | ASUS Z170-A | 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR4 3200 RAM | MSI GeForce GTX 1070 | CORSAIR RM650X 650w |
  1. Boards
  2. PC - Hardware Discussion
  3. SSD or HDD for failing HDD

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived