This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3 - Online and PlayStation Store
  3. Do I have to buy AND download games? Or is purchasing a game enough?

User Info: GrimmTrixX

GrimmTrixX
2 months ago#1
Now, I own tons of digital PS3/PSP/Vita games. If I buy a game, but don't install it, will it be available to me when the store closes? Or, do I have to install it at least once on the consoles I want access to it.

Modern consoles go by your purchase history, as seen by the PS+ games back before I had a PS4. They all were available when I eventually got one. But I feel like PS3 goes by download history.

Any ideas? Like most I am getting the games I wanted but never got around to buying.
XBL/PSN/Network ID: GrimmTrixX
Now playing: Gears Tactics (XBSX)/ Animal Crossing (Switch)

User Info: betagam7

betagam7
2 months ago#2
I know for cross buy they said to make sure you had downloaded it at least once or it wouldn't be available.

User Info: Strippin Heat

Strippin Heat
2 months ago#3
Yes, for now you can download them after the store closure. This can, and likely will, change later, but we don't know when.

betagam7 posted...
I know for cross buy they said to make sure you had downloaded it at least once or it wouldn't be available.

No, what they said is that some games that are cross-buy only give you the license for the one version at the time of purchase while making the other version free, so you have to "buy" the other "free" version. Downloading not required, you just need to have both versions purchased on your account.
There = location. Their = possession. They're = "they are".
Then = time. Than = comparison.

User Info: GrimmTrixX

GrimmTrixX
2 months ago#4
Strippin Heat posted...
Yes, for now you can download them after the store closure. This can, and likely will, change later, but we don't know when.

No, what they said is that some games that are cross-buy only give you the license for the one version at the time of purchase while making the other version free, so you have to "buy" the other "free" version. Downloading not required, you just need to have both versions purchased on your account.

Ok then i will make sure. I bought all of the games I wanted, but I used my PS3 to buy them all so I still gotta mess with my PSP and Vita. I am just putting the PSP exclusive titles on PSP memory card and the rest that work on Vita will be on Vita/PSTV
XBL/PSN/Network ID: GrimmTrixX
Now playing: Gears Tactics (XBSX)/ Animal Crossing (Switch)

User Info: triple_lei

triple_lei
2 months ago#5
Strippin Heat posted...

That makes more sense, thanks. Will keep an eye out for this with that Zen Pinball stuff.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3 - Online and PlayStation Store
  3. Do I have to buy AND download games? Or is purchasing a game enough?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A