This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3 - Online and PlayStation Store
  3. What do I do when games successfully installed but don't appear in games

User Info: Segataros

Segataros
2 months ago#1
So I have a few digital ps3 games that I purchased from the PS store (one of them is from July of 2020.) and these games I'm trying to download (example sonic adventure 2) have a file size of 6KB but every time I download them, they finish downloading and installing in seconds (and we're talking like 1 to 3 seconds completely bypassing the loading bars) and it says it successfully installed to my console yet said games are not in my games list with my other digital PS3 games. Does anyone know what the problem is and what I should do because I don't get what's happening?

User Info: Overlordinator

Overlordinator
2 months ago#2
Sonic adventure 2 and some other games require you to download the "Demo" of the game, because the 6KB file just tells the demo you can access the whole game. So download both the 6KB file and the "Demo" and then you should be fine.

User Info: Segataros

Segataros
2 months ago#3
Overlordinator posted...
Sonic adventure 2 and some other games require you to download the "Demo" of the game, because the 6KB file just tells the demo you can access the whole game. So download both the 6KB file and the "Demo" and then you should be fine.

Just got done installed two out of the five games that have both 6KB size game files along with their respective demos and you were right so I thank you for telling me this. It's been almost a year since I bought SA2 on PSN so I wasn't sure what the problem was. Just want to make sure I get what I can before sony shuts down the PS store for PS3 and Vita.

User Info: betagam7

betagam7
2 months ago#4
Yeah, no game is going to be 6kb unless its a zx spectrum title. 😉

Hydrophobia was the same for me. I also wondered why it started downloading the demo.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3 - Online and PlayStation Store
  3. What do I do when games successfully installed but don't appear in games
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A