This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3 - Online and PlayStation Store
  3. Alright I'm confused about the PS Store

User Info: CMDan

CMDan
2 months ago#1
As far as I know, in the US, you can longer purchase digital content on the PS3 (console) store correct? I checked it recently and whilst you can search for games, when you click on it like you're going to buy it, it doesn't give you the option to buy it. The "Purchase" button is longer there. Can anyone else confirm this?

So essentially the store should have been shut down years ago because of this.
You haven't set a signature for the message boards yet

User Info: VGManiac456

VGManiac456
2 months ago#2
To purchase content, you have to add it into your cart and then go to the cart to purchase said content. I just bought a DLC pack earlier to make sure it was still operating fine, and it was. No issues at all, and I'm using the US PS3 store as well. If there is no "Purchase" or "Add to Cart" option, then the content is delisted in a sense, despite showing up on the store since Sony didn't bother to remove them for some reason.
3DS FC: 2036-8148-4105 NNID/PSN: VGManiac456
http://backloggery.com/VeeGee

User Info: CMDan

CMDan
2 months ago#3
I wanted to buy the GTA 4 Lost Episodes or whatever its called and I guess they were delisted. I never played them after all these years. I did purchase GTA4 digitally last summer as well as a few PS1 classics. I think the Add To Cart/Purchase option then disappeared during the Fall/Winter. I don't exactly know.

I don't play the PS3 much these days but there are a handful of games I still like to go back to when the mood warrants it.
You haven't set a signature for the message boards yet
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: The_Sh33p

The_Sh33p
2 months ago#4
CMDan posted...
I wanted to buy the GTA 4 Lost Episodes or whatever its called and I guess they were delisted. I never played them after all these years. I did purchase GTA4 digitally last summer as well as a few PS1 classics. I think the Add To Cart/Purchase option then disappeared during the Fall/Winter. I don't exactly know.

I don't play the PS3 much these days but there are a handful of games I still like to go back to when the mood warrants it.
Go for the physical relase then.

User Info: ABXYLR

ABXYLR
2 months ago#5
Just mod your ps3s, psps, and vitas and enjoy the games. But still try to buy what you can before the store closes but after that do what you want.
"What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!" - Dracula, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night 1997

User Info: scorpionxx

scorpionxx
2 months ago#6
The store doesn’t work anymore on my PS3 but I can still buy stuff through the vita.
gamertag & psn handle:
scorpionxx0

User Info: Nev

Nev
2 months ago#7
Are you on the UK PSN store? The "purchase" button is there, but invisible. It's been like this since November last year at least.
It let me purchase some DLC for Folklore in November no problem, just click X when you open the DLC screen, it has the purchase button selected, just invisibly.
However, I tried to purchase some stuff today, using card I had just used to purchase Disco Elysium on PS5, it kept giving an error. I tried another card, same error. I tried paypal, claimed address and password was wrong. I don't know if it's now completely broken, or has gone down because of people overloading payment servers making panic purchases?
I just tried on my backup PS3, exact same problems.

Nev
2 months ago#8
Now I'm trying to download purchased items on my US PSN account, it gives me an error code whether I try to use downloads list or the storefront. I'm starting to think PSN store for PS3 is just not working when you get to purchase or verification? Going to see what happens if I try to purchase something on Vita.

Nev
2 months ago#9
Vita says problem with credit card 1 day. Then I make another purchase on PS5, same card, no problems. I add funds through the webstore, and it lets me make a purchase on PS3 using wallet funds. So yeah, cannot pay for stuff by credit/debit card on PS3/Vita I guess. I've seen people suggesting it's because of 2FA.

User Info: GrimmTrixX

GrimmTrixX
2 months ago#10
You have to "highlight" the games pic when you click on it. For some reason the add to cart button is invisible or hidden behind the pic.

What I do is highlight the Cart icon at the top, tap down once, then hit X. This will add it to your cart. It took me WAY too long to figure that out. But I just bought 10 games and all were added in this manner.
XBL/PSN/Network ID: GrimmTrixX
Now playing: Gears Tactics (XBSX)/ Animal Crossing (Switch)
(edited 2 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3 - Online and PlayStation Store
  3. Alright I'm confused about the PS Store
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A