This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3 - Online and PlayStation Store
  3. What can bypass the internal clock settings?

User Info: krauser135

krauser135
2 months ago#1
Greetings,

As some of you may know, the PSN store for the PS3 is rumoured to be shutting down in a few months.

My PS3's clock battery is no longer functional and as such, everytime I turn on my PS3 I need to set the clock via internet which of course will no longer be possible if the PS3 servers go down. Consequently, my digitally purchased games will be unplayable.

Is there any way to bypass this? Is there no other choice but to hack, mod, jailbreak, etc my PS3 to avoid my loss of my digital games? Will modding it even help the situation or does it still require the internal clock to synchronize with the PS3 servers regardless? I am aware that I could try replacing the battery, but even that will eventually run out as well...

Thank you for any help you may provide.
3DS friend code: 0301-9984-9135

User Info: DeadPhoenix86

DeadPhoenix86
2 months ago#2
You could open it up and replace the battery.

User Info: Sophista

Sophista
2 months ago#3
https://hackaday.com/2021/03/23/digital-playstation-3-purchases-may-only-live-as-long-as-your-pram-battery-without-sony-servers/

This article seems to suggest that you need to replace the clock battery before July 2, so that the clock would last as long as that battery. But I wonder whether shutting down the PS3 store necessarily means that all PSN access will disappear. Ideally, PS3s would still be able to access PSN for clocks and trophies even if the store itself goes down. But who knows, given that the shutdown is still a rumor at this point.

User Info: Linkz1

Linkz1
1 month ago#4
The Wii and Wii U has a small slot on the bottom where the battery clock and is very easy to replace. The PS3 is hard work to take apart just to change a small battery. They should put in another place with a small slot instead.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3 - Online and PlayStation Store
  3. What can bypass the internal clock settings?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A