This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3 - Online and PlayStation Store
  3. Metro Last Light Complete Edition buying advice needed

User Info: Toadkillerdog

Toadkillerdog
2 years ago#1
Hi,

I've heard that as of March 8th that PS3 ( & Vita ) games will no longer be on PSN.

If I purchase Metro Last Light Complete Edition on the PS and something happens to my system will I still be able to access it from the PS store after March or are they getting rid of PS3 games from the whole network.

In which case I should probably buy a physical copy and forget about the DLC in case something happens to my system.

Sorry if this is a silly question but I'm just getting back into gaming after a long absence and I'd feel foolish if I bought Metro ( or some of the PS2 remasters I'm thinking about ) just to have the option to reload them vanish in March.

I've been looking forward to playing Metro for years and want to make sure I don't lose it as soon as I've bought it.

Thank you for your time, TKD

User Info: INKU48

INKU48
2 years ago#2
You heard wrong. Sony will no longer be adding new PS3 and Vita games to their PlayStation Plus subscription service after March but you will be able to buy new games and play old games just fine.

You can still download and play PSP games in 2018 so you probably needn't worry about the more successful PS3 for at least another five years. Also, you don't need to be connected to the internet to play single-player PS3 games so unless your console breaks then you will be able to play anything you've downloaded forever.
Big fan of video games.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3 - Online and PlayStation Store
  3. Metro Last Light Complete Edition buying advice needed
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A