• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XII - Social
  3. Final Fantasy 7 remake is looking good * new trailer from TGS

User Info: andsoitends

andsoitends
5 days ago#1
https://youtu.be/3et99x17nM8

0:20

It looks like they are adding new characters. In the original FF7 the generic SOLDIERs you faced never really felt like a threat, but here we see a new face that doesn't seem like a push-over. When Jesse asks "Who's that?" during a motorcycle chase, Cloud seemingly answers "A SOLDIER". It's interesting to note that the way he moves implies that he is at the very least a 2nd Class if not 1st Class SOLDIER and the sword he uses is exactly the same type that Zack Fair uses in FF7: Crisis Core. Whether its the same sword or simply standard issue remains to be seen.

0:44 - 0:55

I'm glad they are using the same designs for Reno and Rude as the ones from the Advent Children film and the fight with them individually looks like fun. Interesting to note that Reno moves insanely fast and can zip past Cloud like nothing. Something I noticed and found interesting is that this scene mirrors a very similar scene in Advent Children where Loz flashes past Tifa in almost the exact same way. I doubt that's a coincidence considering both scenes happen right there in Aerith's church.

0:59 - 1:08

Oh boy, while we all hoped this would be included in the game I don't think many of us expected for them to feature Don Corneo in this trailer. It looks like we are definitely going to get a faithful HD remake of the whole cross-dressing Cloud segment of the story. I'm curious to see how tasteful the scene will be and if they will make any serious changes to how it plays out considering its not 1997 anymore.

P.S. Don Corneo sounds exactly as how I always imagined he did, what a great choice for a VA

1:33 - 1:36

I was wondering if they would include some of the wackier side characters from the original and here we can see they do include the weight lifters from the Gym and the "Beautiful Big Bro" in what looks like an exercising minigame. We see Tifa doing some Pull ups and Cloud . . . squatting? A possible callback/ inside joke to Zack Fair in Crisis Core who was constantly squatting whenever he had a free moment. We also see Cloud playing darts. Glad to see we can take a break to unwind when not in battles or advancing the story.

1:39

Here we see Cloud get afflicted with the "Frog" status, which is one of the more annoying but classic pre PS2 era Final Fantasy status inflictions that I kind of miss. If you look closely you can see he has a tiny frog sized buster sword on his back as well, a cute detail.

1:46

Looks like they will be making a few quality life / logical changes in the game. While nothing particularly major, in the original game President Shinra appears to taunt the party from his helicopter. Here we can see some drones make a holo projection of him taunting the party, which makes more sense because why expose himself needlessly? Again, not a major change but something I felt was worth pointing out.

2:13

We see Ifrit and Shiva being used in battle. Looks like summons will be handled the traditional way of interrupting combat by showing up, attacking, disappearing, and then allowing combat to resume. I wonder if you can spam them via MP cost or if they changed that. I also like how they kept the original designs for them from FF7. You guys know that with the exception of Ifrit most summons change design drastically from entry-to-entry.

2:38

This looks like it will be the last scene of the game/Episode 1 with the party gazing at the sunrise ready to depart from Midgar.
Why are spiders born with the knowledge to spin webs? F*** you. That's why. - MWNP

User Info: andsoitends

andsoitends
5 days ago#2
Keep in mind that this game is being parceled up into episodes rather than being released as one entire game. SE has already confirmed that we will be in Midgar for the entirety of this first episode but that it will be treated as a traditional full 20 hour game, hence added content to the game to flesh out Midgar more than it was in the original. The thing is that even in the original game Disc 1 was much more than just Midgar, it ended (if I remember correctly) at the Temple of Ancients. Makes me wonder just how long the future episodes will be.

Anyways, tell your boy Moogs what you guys think about the game and if you spotted any details I missed. Hope you enjoyed this little write-up of mine. I am hyped for this game. The original FF7 is my second favorite entry in the series right behind FF6, so I can't wait for March to arrive!
Why are spiders born with the knowledge to spin webs? F*** you. That's why. - MWNP

User Info: Mashiyyat

Mashiyyat
5 days ago#3
I think that scene with them looking out at the sun might be where shinra has crashed the plate over that one sector instead of being the leaving midgar shot, but you might be right Japanese companies love putting endgame shots in their trailers for some reason.

I can't wait for March, FF7 probably wasn't even in my top 5 FFs, but this is quick looking like it might end up right there at the top. Doubt it'll happen but man it'd be sick if they put out a demon on PSN at the end of TGS, as combat is the only thing I'm unsure on right now. Too little footage to get a good grasp on how fun it'll actually be, but it certainly looks like they've nailed a balance between old school roots and more modern gameplay style.

User Info: Giant_Aspirin

Giant_Aspirin
5 days ago#4
it definitely looks good, i'll give 'em that. i'm also cautiously optimistic about the combat. it looks pretty intense and could provide some awesome gameplay if the challenge is appropriate. i wonder if it will have difficulties?

andsoitends posted...
We see Tifa doing some Pull ups and Cloud . . . squatting? A possible callback/ inside joke to Zack Fair in Crisis Core who was constantly squatting whenever he had a free moment

i thought there was a squats mini-game in VII? wasn't it required as part of that whole sub-plot somehow? IDR, it's been so long.
Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2, Vermintide 2
You see it your way, I'll see it mine and I'll be fine

User Info: destrian522

destrian522
5 days ago#5
I have a lot of concerns about gameplay and plot progression due to the multiple episodes, but hopefully it is good.
CWLSIV | http://www.twitch.tv/destrianiv

User Info: SparkClark

SparkClark
4 days ago#6
Gameplay of the full demo with good commentary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NauR6LXV5ww&feature=youtu.be

The combat looks really cool. I like how it combines action from the dodging and positioning with strategy from managing the ATB. Skills, magic and items all cost ATB points. Ranged weapons seem necessary, at least sometimes, because they're required to hit far away enemies instead of just giving bonus damage from the back row.

Also very pleased with the attention to detail.

Any idea how long until Ep 2? Has a full release schedule been even talked about?
{;(~)
otherwise known as Giant_Aspirin

User Info: SparkClark

SparkClark
2 days ago#7
https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2019/9/14/20865479/final-fantasy-7-remake-classic-mode-turn-based-option-tgs-2019
{;(~)
otherwise known as Giant_Aspirin

User Info: Mashiyyat

Mashiyyat
2 days ago#8
SparkClark posted...

Any idea how long until Ep 2? Has a full release schedule been even talked about?

From what i remember reading they don't have a set plan past this game yet(which is kinda nuts if true). Seems they're trying to stay flexable and approaching it in a however much it takes way instead planning everything to the T of a trilogy deadline. The first game is almost guaranteed to sell like hotcakes and review well from what we've seen so far and ff14 is doing well right now as well(under statement). So it's likely that they can take their time and make however much they need to make to get it all done.

Hopefully that doesnt mean we're waiting for the finale in the late 30s XD
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XII - Social
  3. Final Fantasy 7 remake is looking good * new trailer from TGS
  • Post New Message