This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - Olympics
  3. The Biennial f*** NBC Thread.

User Info: masterbarf

masterbarf
4 years ago#1
As I write this the opening ceremony is in progress. Not only is it not on television, NBC is also preventing people on the west coast from streaming it until 7:30 PT, the same time NBC begins their delayed broadcast on television. It'd be bad enough if they forced people to watch their choppy online stream for live coverage, but to not provide live coverage at all is ridiculous. Hopefully they don't treat the actual events the way they are treating the opening ceremony.

User Info: MertensCW

MertensCW
4 years ago#2
After ignoring the olympics for days ,except to watch 2 basketball games I have to say NBC is still 100% s***.
Few Favorites- Ninja gaiden 1-2, Colony Wars 1-3,Xenogears,MarioKart,Lunar 2 GTA:SA,S&K,FF6-7,Zanac,S.Metroid,SMB2,NFL2K5,Halo 2, NG2,Vanquish,Witcher 2.

User Info: Auto_Chrisbot

Auto_Chrisbot
4 years ago#3
At least USA network is showing stuff like horses and Badminton live.

jejeje
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beans" - Opintobean Prime

User Info: Returning_CEmen

Returning_CEmen
4 years ago#4
I was annoyed that the opening ceremony went 30 minutes after the scheduled TV time slot so when I recorded it to watch it later I didn't see the ending. The s*** was prerecorded how could they not know how long it was!?!?!?
http://i.imgtc.com/SDMf77x.gif

User Info: Auto_Chrisbot

Auto_Chrisbot
4 years ago#5
Noobs
Buys
Commericals
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beans" - Opintobean Prime

User Info: masterbarf

masterbarf
4 years ago#6
Auto_Chrisbot posted...
Noobs
Buys
Commericals

The NBC streams require a cable subscription. Not to mention that streams are in no way a substitute for live television coverage to begin with. There's a reason people drop lots of money on big screen televisions and it certainly isn't because they love to watch programming on a phone or computer. Speaking of which, I have a nice, new Samsung with internet connectivity yet it is unable to stream from nbcolympics.com. Netflix works. Youtube works. Why the f*** doesn't NBC? And the app inexplicably lacks a feature to allow the image to wirelessly display from a phone/tablet to television.

There's no good reason why NBC can't use their various networks to show multiple events live throughout the entire day. Yet only NBC Sports plays a variety of live events while two other networks repeat the same soccer and basketball games over and over, sports that can be watched almost all year long, every year. And there's no good reason why NBC can't televise the most important events both live and during prime time other than NBC's entire coverage scheme is about funneling as many viewers as possible into their s***ty prime time coverage. Their network station available to anybody with a tv regardless of whether they pay for cable or not should have more live events than any other network including the main events, yet it has exactly zero live coverage.

If the NBA playoffs and tennis majors or any other major sporting event were only able to be watched live via a stream people would be as upset as they should be about NBC's garbage Olympic coverage.
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - Olympics
  3. The Biennial f*** NBC Thread.
  • Topic Archived