This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - Hockey
  3. Coyotes drafted a racist bully

User Info: kidpokerfan

kidpokerfan
4 weeks ago#21
SinbadtheSailor posted...
By all reports, he showed no remorse, lied about sending an apology to the victim's family and interviewed horribly about the incident. But yeah, he clearly deserves "redemption".

It is also amusing to see how many people out there are acting like 14 year olds have no moral compass and shouldn't be judged for "one bad incident." So many sociopaths out there.

Yeah and that's why I hate Canada's soft on crime BS for anyone under 18. You can be 17 and murder your whole family, but it's ok you're a minor so slap on the wrist.

User Info: magemaximus

magemaximus
4 weeks ago#22
SinbadtheSailor posted...
By all reports, he showed no remorse, lied about sending an apology to the victim's family and interviewed horribly about the incident. But yeah, he clearly deserves "redemption".

It is also amusing to see how many people out there are acting like 14 year olds have no moral compass and shouldn't be judged for "one bad incident." So many sociopaths out there.
i didn't know all that. seems like he hasn't changed.
You can't persuade fanboys. You'd be better off trying to convince a wall. ~CodeNamePlasmaSnake~

User Info: MrToothHasYou

MrToothHasYou
4 weeks ago#23
I mean I get that 14 year olds do stupid s*** that they shouldn’t always be condemned eternally for, but this is some truly heinous sounding stuff.
An Injury to One is an Injury to All
https://iww.org/

User Info: SPIDER1

SPIDER1
4 weeks ago#24
The chances he has changed are slim. A lot of teens say dumb stuff and most grow out of it and realize it was stupid, but we're not talking about saying dumb stuff here. If you are at the point of physically tormenting someone, the likelihood that you grow out of that is slim. That kind of violence is ingrained into who you are. Even worse is that the victim was disabled, even most bullies have a soft spot for disabled kids and may even act as a protector for them. So the fact that dude is OK with bullying a disabled person makes it all the worse and shows a true lack of a moral compass that I'm not sure could ever be fixed.
~~dr~~
One spider under God.

User Info: ShineboxPhil

ShineboxPhil
4 weeks ago#25
SPIDER1 posted...
The chances he has changed are slim. A lot of teens say dumb stuff and most grow out of it and realize it was stupid, but we're not talking about saying dumb stuff here. If you are at the point of physically tormenting someone, the likelihood that you grow out of that is slim. That kind of violence is ingrained into who you are. Even worse is that the victim was disabled, even most bullies have a soft spot for disabled kids and may even act as a protector for them. So the fact that dude is OK with bullying a disabled person makes it all the worse and shows a true lack of a moral compass that I'm not sure could ever be fixed.

There's former kkk members and neo-nazis who reformed and saw their ignorance. I legit believe people can change. Still a chance that he was a stupid teenager and can still grow up.

And I'm saying this as someone who is a racial minority.
I compromised...
I became a shinebox

User Info: Boobsicle

Boobsicle
4 weeks ago#26
If you enjoy the Beatles despite knowing John Lennon was a wifebeater, you have no business judging this hockey player for anything but his hockey skills. Next.

Its good to be alive

User Info: SPIDER1

SPIDER1
4 weeks ago#27
ShineboxPhil posted...
There's former kkk members and neo-nazis who reformed and saw their ignorance. I legit believe people can change. Still a chance that he was a stupid teenager and can still grow up.

And I'm saying this as someone who is a racial minority.

I never said people can't change, I said there is a slim chance of change. A small number of white supremacists who change are the definition of that slim chance. Also, we are talking about more than just being racist, we are talking about physically assaulting someone regularly, a disabled person at that. That's a step above just having racist ideologies. It's easier to change misguided ideologies than it is to change violent behavior or a lack of compassion. Take away the racism, and you still have an abusive individual who can direct that toward anyone else.
~~dr~~
One spider under God.

User Info: kidpokerfan

kidpokerfan
4 weeks ago#28
Boobsicle posted...
If you enjoy the Beatles despite knowing John Lennon was a wifebeater, you have no business judging this hockey player for anything but his hockey skills. Next.

The fact that Lennon was such a trash person makes me kinda wish Mark David Chapman would get released already. I think he's served enough time.

User Info: Houndourtwo

Houndourtwo
4 weeks ago#29
*smh*

The Coyotes organization is truly an embarrassment to the league. WTF were they thinking?

Vegas Golden Knights fan forever #VegasStrong

User Info: Jagr_68

Jagr_68
4 weeks ago#30
kidpokerfan posted...
The fact that Lennon was such a trash person makes me kinda wish Mark David Chapman would get released already. I think he's served enough time.

I laughed
New York Rangers [2004-2008] https://media.giphy.com/media/WvQHBYW0q4TuxdAg61/giphy.gif
https://psnprofiles.com/Jaromiroquai68
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - Hockey
  3. Coyotes drafted a racist bully
  • Post New Message