This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - Hockey
  3. Coyotes drafted a racist bully

User Info: TheGreatDebate

TheGreatDebate
1 month ago#1
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/2020/10/26/coyotes-draft-pick-mitchell-miller-bullied-black-mentally-disabled-teen/6039714002/

People might excuse this because he was “only 14”, but I know I wasn’t a psychopath when I was 14.
"And above all things have fervent love for one another, for "love will cover a multitude of sins.""
I Peter 4:8

User Info: Jagr_68

Jagr_68
1 month ago#2
Meyer-Crothers, also 18 and who now lives in Detroit, said Miller had taunted him for years, constantly calling him "brownie" and the "N-word," while repeatedly hitting him while growing up in the Toledo suburb. Other students at their junior high confirmed to police that Miller repeatedly used the "N-word" in referring to Meyer-Crothers.

"He pretended to be my friend and made me do things I didn't want to do," Meyer-Crothers said in a phone interview. "In junior high, I got beat up by him. … Everyone thinks he's so cool that he gets to go to the NHL, but I don't see how someone can be cool when you pick on someone and bully someone your entire life."

Miller was the Coyotes' first pick, in the fourth round, on Oct 7. The team didn't have its top three picks because they were either traded away or revoked by the NHL for violating the league's combine testing policy. Attempts to contact Miller through the Coyotes, his family and attorney were unsuccessful. He issued a statement late Friday through the team expressing contrition.

white hockey player from Ohio is a lowlife s***stain? I'm shocked!

Hopefully the backlash will be such that he gets released and also ends the pathetic Coyotes franchise once and for all yay!
New York Rangers [2004-2008] https://media.giphy.com/media/WvQHBYW0q4TuxdAg61/giphy.gif
https://psnprofiles.com/Jaromiroquai68

User Info: GhostofBPJ

GhostofBPJ
1 month ago#3
That's f***ed up.

I'm willing to give second chances, but he needs it show he's not that same POS.
Toronto Maple Leafs

User Info: Hummer 2

Hummer 2
1 month ago#4
All that extra scouting and this is who they pick?

User Info: ktownslayer16

ktownslayer16
1 month ago#5
More good PR for the Yotes.

I dont want to see a guy ruined for stuff he did at 14. But the fact he and his agent are not open about it isnt a good look. Even if it's just a PR stunt, he could really do a lot for himself to volunteer with an anti-bullying group, etc. The guy needs some character people guiding him at this point.
Fire Pierre Dorion

User Info: Jagr_68

Jagr_68
1 month ago#6
Hummer 2 posted...
All that extra scouting and this is who they pick?

TheScore reported that the Coyotes knew exactly about his past but drafted him anyway because they didn't "want to be part of the problem like the rest of the league that left him off the draft board". He's supposedly expected to do a whole bunch of diversity training and racial conversion therapy courses so his racism will be cured.

Yes, this is 100% true essentially as per Coyotes management lmfao
New York Rangers [2004-2008] https://media.giphy.com/media/WvQHBYW0q4TuxdAg61/giphy.gif
https://psnprofiles.com/Jaromiroquai68
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: kidpokerfan

kidpokerfan
1 month ago#7
Jagr_68 posted...
TheScore reported that the Coyotes knew exactly about his past but drafted him anyway because they didn't "want to be part of the problem like the rest of the league that left him off the draft board". He's supposedly expected to do a whole bunch of diversity training and racial conversion therapy courses so his racism will be cured.

Yes, this is 100% true essentially as per Coyotes management lmfao

Looks like the Coyotes wanted to draft a "real hockey player"™.

User Info: Nidtendofreak

Nidtendofreak
1 month ago#8
Yeah somehow I don't think a guy who was literally smashing a disabled man's head against a brick wall and only did the minimum the courts required of him to make it up is aiming to fix his past.

Coyotes basically threw away their 4th pick. Wouldn't be shocked in a lot of players flat out refuse to play with him on the Coyotes/AHL team. 50/50 on a black player using the hockey stick as a baseball bat on his head. Coyotes went for him because based on what I could dig up on twitter the scouts/prospect ranking sites had him rated as a 2nd round level talent before finding out about his past and removing him from their lists.
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: K181

K181
1 month ago#9
I'd be more than happy to be called part of the problem for not drafting a piece of s*** like that guy.

I mean f***....
Irregardless, for all intensive purposes, I could care less.

User Info: magemaximus

magemaximus
1 month ago#10
i don't know how he acts now but if he has changed then i would give him a second chance.
You can't persuade fanboys. You'd be better off trying to convince a wall. ~CodeNamePlasmaSnake~
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - Hockey
  3. Coyotes drafted a racist bully
  • Post New Message