This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - Hockey
  3. Apparently MAF + 2nd was offered league wide

User Info: SinbadtheSailor

SinbadtheSailor
3 months ago#11
Not in a flat cap and covid world. Any player who's not worth his cap hit is now suddenly, an anchor. It's just how it goes.

And it cost the Leafs (loldubas) a first to dump Marleau's 6M; Vegas is being cheap by offering just a second for someone to take Fleury's 12.5M in real dollars.
http://i.imgur.com/Nm2eY5w.jpg
The Calgary Flames: Bringing you the best in inept management since 1990

User Info: ktownslayer16

ktownslayer16
3 months ago#12
and Vegas is willing to retain 3.5 of the 7M. Surely there will be a taker.
Fire Pierre Dorion

User Info: DeAngeloRussell

DeAngeloRussell
3 months ago#13
35 year old goalie who put up a .905 behind the best possession team in the league.

Sign me up
https://twitter.com/kpelton/status/807448896213397504

User Info: PuckPropaganda

PuckPropaganda
3 months ago#14
Canes would be a good spot actually. I still have some faith Nedeljkovic is their guy, but he needs another year or two. They can dump one of Reimer/Mrazek to bring in Fleury, then the year after call up Nedeljkovic permanently to work with Fleury.
The lone authoritative voice in a world of biased hockey media.
http://www.puckpropaganda.com

User Info: ktownslayer16

ktownslayer16
3 months ago#15
DeAngeloRussell posted...
35 year old goalie who put up a .905 behind the best possession team in the league.

Sign me up

No one would be taking him for his performance at this point. It would be to acquire assets in what is presumably going to be another s***ty year. ie Ottawa, Detroit, etc. Of course his NMC complicates things though
Fire Pierre Dorion

User Info: OkayPlayer1

OkayPlayer1
3 months ago#16
To be clear, what Vegas was offering was a 2nd round pick for a team to retain 50% of MAF salary. Carolina was interested but wanted a 1st. This would allow Vegas to trade MAF at $3.5 to another team for a mid pick. So it would be a 3-team trade.

User Info: Maximum Taco

Maximum Taco
3 months ago#17
ktownslayer16 posted...
and Vegas is willing to retain 3.5 of the 7M. Surely there will be a taker.

No they aren't.

Vegas wants a broker team to take on half the salary (the way the Leafs did with Robin Lehner), they'll offer that broker team a 2nd, and then a third team will get MAF and give Vegas something. The deal Vegas is hoping for is something like

Vegas receives
3rd round pick (from Team X)

Carolina receives
2nd round pick
3.5 million of retained salary for 2 years

Team X recieves
MAF

Vegas is trying to buy 2 years of 3.5 million of cap for a 2nd. Nobody's taking that deal. Carolina got a first for taking 6 million of dead cap in the Patty Marleau trade, why would they take less for 7 million (spread over 2 years) of MAF?

I think Vegas will have a hard time finding a taker, especially when a lot of teams are running an internal cap. It's not like MAF has a low salary and high cap hit either, he's making 6.5 million this year and 6 million next year, they need to find an owner who is ok with spending 6+ million for a player who won't play for them.
Tacoz Rule. Now try to imagine what a Maximum Taco is like.
"Emulators make Baby Mario cry."

User Info: Alucard188

Alucard188
3 months ago#18
ktownslayer16 posted...
No one would be taking him for his performance at this point. It would be to acquire assets in what is presumably going to be another s***ty year. ie Ottawa, Detroit, etc. Of course his NMC complicates things though

Would have suggested Ottawa, just because of how far underneath the cap floor they are. Murray pretty much kiboshed that. I agree that Vegas is being cheap here. You need to offer more than a second to take that contract off of Vegas' hands. Nobody should be doing them a favour; they've had enough favours done for them in the 3 years they've been in existence.
Face it Cloud is a gaming icon and has appered in lots of games while mario has only appeared in 2 games sunshine and 64~xSlashbomBx
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - Hockey
  3. Apparently MAF + 2nd was offered league wide
  • Topic Archived