This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - NFL
  3. The Best Draft Grade Topic You Will Ever See #REALs***

User Info: IWantANewKlug

IWantANewKlug
1 month ago#1
The ARIZONA CRADS

Kyler Murray is a diminutive shovel-faced dork who dirty bulked 20 pounds so he wouldn't weigh in at 180 at the combine. Why else does the hyper-fast, hyper-agile not run basic athletic drills at either the combine or his pro day shortly thereafter? 5'5, 180 pound QB with no line in front of him and against a hellfire of rage and testosterone from the NFC West's pass rush heavy a******s (re: Donald, Bosa et al). Also he's probably just gonna go to the A's in a week. D for "DEAD IN TWO GAMES"

Byron Murphy is a pretty good corner prospect, and they got him at a solid slot. A.

Andy Isabella is another "PLAYS LIKE WES WELKER" guy, but he's actually p good. I probably would have tried to do anything to help the OL not get the 5'5 QB killed, but talent is talent, and the Cards need WR help. B+.

Zach Allen is a good DL prospect, and they got a good bargain on him in the third. A

Hakeem Butler is a guy who barely accomplished anything for his whole Big 12 career against Big 12 defenses, but he's a measurables prospect in the fourth round, and that's roughly where you make those gambles. B+

Deionte Thompson is a day 2 prospect they got in the 5th round, and he should probably be a solid starter sometime in the next couple years. If nothing else you have a special teamer. A

I'm going to batch-ignore the 6th and 7th round prospects because there are 5 of them, and all you are looking for there is depth with ST utility and maybe to get lucky on a decent starter. If they did not have literally an entire draft worth of 6s and 7s, I would grade them.

Overall Grade: A-

Murray is a meme that will be dead in half a season, but they did add a pretty large chunk of talent. If they can keep Murray alive and he doesn't Big 12 himself, then they might have something. If nothing else, rounds 2-5 were very strong.
http://i.imgur.com/7bKJ1.jpg

User Info: BilalPowell

BilalPowell
1 month ago#2
Terrible topic. You're missing 31 teams.
Former #1 Birmingham Iron Fan. RIP AAF

IWantANewKlug
1 month ago#3
If only I had infinite characters allowed in a post, this s*** would explode

User Info: DeathVelvien

DeathVelvien
1 month ago#4
Personally would give the Cardinals a B. Second round on was all great, but the handling of the quarterback situation was just complete ass overall.
UNIST: Phonon | BBCTB: Orie/Izayoi | Smash Ultimate: Ridley | P4AU: Yukari | GGXrd: Venom | Arizona Diamondbacks: 15-11
https://imgtc.com/i/7OdpfSogwx.gif

IWantANewKlug
1 month ago#5
The draft grades do not contemplate the failings of an organization to not make Josh Rosen feel s***ty.

User Info: Johnny_Cueto

Johnny_Cueto
1 month ago#6
It's funny. A year ago people just assumed Baker would be bad because 'LOL BIG 12 QB'..now people assume Kyler will be good because Baker was good. Well NFL GM's and analysts anyway.

User Info: PatrickMahomes

PatrickMahomes
1 month ago#7
Johnny_Cueto posted...
It's funny. A year ago people just assumed Baker would be bad because 'LOL BIG 12 QB'..now people assume Kyler will be good because Baker was good. Well NFL GM's and analysts anyway.

Same with Mahomes
MVP Tracker: 1-0

IWantANewKlug
1 month ago#8
Big 12 is a meme.

Baker is a poop butt.

NFL GMs are by and large incredibly stupid, as we see every year.

If Mahomes doesn't crumble, he will be the first and only Big 12 QB to not be a bust.

Though he may end up in jail based on how John Dorsey's picks are turning out to be despicable human beings one after another.

User Info: BreakevenCloud

BreakevenCloud
1 month ago#9
BilalPowell posted...
Terrible topic. You're missing 31 teams.
Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

User Info: G_U_G

G_U_G
1 month ago#10
IWantANewKlug posted...
The ARIZONA CRADS

Kyler Murray is a diminutive shovel-faced dork who dirty bulked 20 pounds so he wouldn't weigh in at 180 at the combine. Why else does the hyper-fast, hyper-agile not run basic athletic drills at either the combine or his pro day shortly thereafter? 5'5, 180 pound QB with no line in front of him and against a hellfire of rage and testosterone from the NFC West's pass rush heavy a******s (re: Donald, Bosa et al). Also he's probably just gonna go to the A's in a week. D for "DEAD IN TWO GAMES"

Byron Murphy is a pretty good corner prospect, and they got him at a solid slot. A.

Andy Isabella is another "PLAYS LIKE WES WELKER" guy, but he's actually p good. I probably would have tried to do anything to help the OL not get the 5'5 QB killed, but talent is talent, and the Cards need WR help. B+.

Zach Allen is a good DL prospect, and they got a good bargain on him in the third. A

Hakeem Butler is a guy who barely accomplished anything for his whole Big 12 career against Big 12 defenses, but he's a measurables prospect in the fourth round, and that's roughly where you make those gambles. B+

Deionte Thompson is a day 2 prospect they got in the 5th round, and he should probably be a solid starter sometime in the next couple years. If nothing else you have a special teamer. A

I'm going to batch-ignore the 6th and 7th round prospects because there are 5 of them, and all you are looking for there is depth with ST utility and maybe to get lucky on a decent starter. If they did not have literally an entire draft worth of 6s and 7s, I would grade them.

Overall Grade: A-

Murray is a meme that will be dead in half a season, but they did add a pretty large chunk of talent. If they can keep Murray alive and he doesn't Big 12 himself, then they might have something. If nothing else, rounds 2-5 were very strong.

I give them an A+ if Murray works out.

If Murray does not it is a D or C-. Andy Isabella is not going to be that good in the pro game. He is just too small. He might be good in the short term, no pun intended, but the size of the NFL game will not be good for him. Hell, they call running backs bigger than him undersized and pass on them even if they have great speed, agility, blocking, and pass catching. Or they draft them later rounds.

The AC will look back on last year and this year in a few years and wish for better. ESPECIALLY if Murray does well at first and then tappers off due to size and/or injuries. Size matters more when you are getting hit and I expect he will take some big shots this year. If they really do improve a little and hit 6-7 wins and that is tops they this will be viewed poorly.

The kicker is Rosen. I think he is not going to be that good. But you just never know. He has some talent and has some ability. The right system will be key to all this. So will he succeed or not remains to be seen. But, if he does and Murray fails/gets hurt the AC are going to look very bad.

I am a Cowboys fan with some love for the Browns and Bengals. I think the Cowboys have been fairly poor most of the time drafting. But occasionally they do right. Passing on some players they should take that turn out good for a gamble that does not pay off.

But, I think the Browns did well. OBJ on the team they have is great. And Greedy, if he lives to expectations, is a huge hit for them. Playoffs?
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - NFL
  3. The Best Draft Grade Topic You Will Ever See #REALs***