This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - NFL
  3. Zvarri! Official Packers topic: Rodgers is a b**** and I find it hot edition

User Info: some09guy II

some09guy II
4 weeks ago#41
Bloodychess posted...
Rodgers isn't flirting with retirement, Favre's contract made it way easier to cut or trade him under the old CBA, and Rodgers is playing at a much higher level now. Drew Lock also isn't some highly rated prospect like Rodgers was.

I will say that while most of this is very true (and the Favre will-he-or-won't-he saga was getting very old, even as a fan, to the point that I had close to zero second thoughts when we chose Rodgers over him) Favre's 2007 season was beastly. It gets overshadowed because of how stupid the Brady-Moss connection was that same season, but Favre's last season as a Packer was a good one, and probably would have been great if we didn't have a DC even more stagnant than Dom Capers. Rodgers' last season...not so much.

Anyway, I wouldn't try to force another potential Rodgers at this point. If a prospect falls to us magically, great. But we are unlikely to be drafting a replacement at this stage.

User Info: Spellz2113

Spellz2113
4 weeks ago#42
Schedule has leaked
https://twitter.com/kcousineau09/status/1118639664326414337?s=21

Thoughts?
I'm only echoes of the man that I'm supposed to be
Yeesh

2 TNF
2 MNF

What week is the bye?
"Guys, I'm about to blow your minds. Hope this one's a dud"

User Info: Spellz2113

Spellz2113
4 weeks ago#44
Week 11

Edit: who even is the announcers for mnf now anyway?
I'm only echoes of the man that I'm supposed to be
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: some09guy II

some09guy II
4 weeks ago#45
Last three games all divisional, eh? Good chance those three games will be deciders for the North.

User Info: jabber2033

jabber2033
4 weeks ago#46
I’m actually liking this schedule. No road stretches longer than 2 weeks, and only 1 coast to coast.

Not to mention a week 11 bye to get healthy again for that final stretch.

Last 3 games to decide the division might be tough but otherwise one of our most favorable schedules in a while.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: dkgerbil2

dkgerbil2
4 weeks ago#47
I would be annoyed if we draft Lock because odds are we can get a better prospect next year, even if we draft in the end of the first round again. It's generally agreed that this QB class is weak and next year's projects to have more top 10 options than this year.
All my friends are in bar bands.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=facVh75-vW4

User Info: BreakevenCloud

BreakevenCloud
4 weeks ago#48
I’ll be pissed if we take a QB early, tbh
Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

User Info: Bloodychess

Bloodychess
4 weeks ago#49
Its the last week before the draft and writers are digging to the bottom of the barrel for content.

We arent taking a qb before the 5th round
To err is human
To arr is pirate

User Info: dkgerbil2

dkgerbil2
4 weeks ago#50
Bloodychess posted...
Its the last week before the draft and writers are digging to the bottom of the barrel for content.

We arent taking a qb before the 5th round

We shouldn't draft any QB in this draft. Period. We have our "project backup" in Kizer and we have our late round development task with Boyle. Odds are much higher that any other position contributes more than a QB from this draft class does. If Rodgers gets hurt and misses time/isn't as effective again, we'll end up in the top 15 again next year. I don't think we'll be within striking distance of someone like Tagovailova unless he regresses this year, but we've seen teams make jumps in the past (Falcons for Julio, Eagles for Wentz, Redskins for RGIII, etc.) to get a player they want. If the Packers like a guy and they're picking in the 12-15 range, I think next year is certainly in the question to jump up to, say, 7-10 and get the guy for the future.
All my friends are in bar bands.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=facVh75-vW4
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - NFL
  3. Zvarri! Official Packers topic: Rodgers is a b**** and I find it hot edition