This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - NFL
  3. Zvarri! Official Packers topic: Rodgers is a b**** and I find it hot edition
Yeah, don't mind the Savage trade-up, but am still worried about the Gary pick. Don't mind if Gary is a bust if we get valuable additions in the next two rounds though I guess.

User Info: some09guy II

some09guy II
3 weeks ago#162
dkgerbil2 posted...
Abraham was the other safety I was eyeing at #30, so I'm glad we moved up for Savage.

He's gonna be a solid SS, but that's all he'll ever be. Paired with Amos, wouldn't have been a very good fit. Well, against coverage that is. Suppose there's potential he'd help destroy most the short game.

User Info: dkgerbil2

dkgerbil2
3 weeks ago#163
Bloodychess posted...
Okay

"Gary is probably going to bust, he has no production, his size is way out of sorts, and he might need surgery. But in Gute I trust."

There's the class, I'll pretend every first pick should be met with optimism.

You're really not doing yourself any favors here dude. Many people here expressed their dislike of the pick without saying like "I'm not even excited for pick 30" or "I won't be excited about this team until the season starts" or anything like that. Your entire vibe since that pick has been akin to the girls on sweet 16 who complain that their parents got them last year's car model instead of this year's.
All my friends are in bar bands.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=facVh75-vW4

User Info: dkgerbil2

dkgerbil2
3 weeks ago#164
some09guy II posted...
dkgerbil2 posted...
Abraham was the other safety I was eyeing at #30, so I'm glad we moved up for Savage.

He's gonna be a solid SS, but that's all he'll ever be. Paired with Amos, wouldn't have been a very good fit. Well, against coverage that is. Suppose there's potential he'd help destroy most the short game.

Yeah, I was moreso eyeing him as a potential value for where the run on safeties was going. A handful were likely to be drafted late first and early second round. I expected Abraham to be first, so pegging him at #30 value was trying to see if we could get Savage in round 2 or if we had to get him at #30. I definitely didn't word that correctly, though.
All my friends are in bar bands.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=facVh75-vW4

User Info: nightmare75

nightmare75
3 weeks ago#165
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-pff-film-room-rashan-gary

Gary looks like the kind of guy that can kick inside on passing downs and f*** s*** up. The talk of a persistent shoulder injury really worries me though.

you can never have too many pass rushers, but Gute has dumped a lot of resources in that position this year and none of them are even close to sure-things. it's going to really hurt next year especially if none of these guys pan out. there's a real chance of that happening imo.

Savage looks like a player to me. his biggest knock is a lack of size, but a safety with great instincts doesn't need size to be effective (see also: Tyrann Mathieu). two 4ths seems like it might have been a bit much for how far we moved up though.
North Dakota State University Bison - CARSON WENTZ HYPE TRAIN
http://i.imgur.com/JrFHPXC.jpg http://i.imgur.com/m47iYHE.jpg

User Info: lilant55

lilant55
3 weeks ago#166
Trading up nine spots and and giving two fourths was to much. I honestly think Savage would've made it to 30th pick too.

User Info: Allanon23

Allanon23
3 weeks ago#167
lilant55 posted...
Trading up nine spots and and giving two fourths was to much. I honestly think Savage would've made it to 30th pick too.

Nope. We traded up because we got word that the Colts were going to draft him. After we did, they traded out of their pick.
Attention campers, lunch has been cancelled today due to lack of hustle. Deal with it. Current LP: Dragon Quest XI

lilant55
3 weeks ago#168
Allanon23 posted...
lilant55 posted...

Nope. We traded up because we got word that the Colts were going to draft him. After we did, they traded out of their pick.

I think we could've given on fourth and that first round pick. All I'm saying two fourths was a bit much.

I was also hoping to have Hakeem in the fourth. He's going to be the next Megatron. I've been hoping for that all off season. I would spend a third if needed on him honestly.

User Info: Allanon23

Allanon23
3 weeks ago#169
lilant55 posted...
I think we could've given on fourth and that first round pick. All I'm saying two fourths was a bit much.

No, 4th round picks don't have a lot of trade value on draft day. Especially the compensatory 4th we gave up, which is basically a 5th.
Attention campers, lunch has been cancelled today due to lack of hustle. Deal with it. Current LP: Dragon Quest XI

lilant55
3 weeks ago#170
Allanon23 posted...
lilant55 posted...

No, 4th round picks don't have a lot of trade value on draft day. Especially the compensatory 4th we gave up, which is basically a 5th.

Okay fair enough. New discussion. You think Packers drafting Hakeem 3rd is good? He's honestly a reciever who we haven't had in years with size, speed, hands, catching in traffic and routes.
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - NFL
  3. Zvarri! Official Packers topic: Rodgers is a b**** and I find it hot edition