This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - NFL
  3. Official San Francisco 49ers offseason topic: Bosa or bust

User Info: DirtyRoller

DirtyRoller
1 month ago#491
CourtofOwls posted...
a slightly more interesting than usual mock strictly using analytics:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001025384/article/analyticsbased-mock-draft-quinnen-williams-to-cards-qbs-fall

PICK 2

Deandre Baker - CB

School: Georgia | Year: Senior
Remember when I told you that I wasn't allowing myself to do trades? Well, this pick is an example of where a team could trade down, likely still get the same player and reap a haul in terms of additional picks. I am going to guess people will be a little shocked by a corner being drafted second overall, but hear me out. The acquisitions of veterans Dee Ford and Kwon Alexander changed the Niners' potential up front. Adding Baker means realizing the NFL-level value of a player who showed at Georgia he could be effective in multiple schemes, possesses elite game-measured speed and, according to PFF, only allowed 10 first downs (and no touchdowns) last season. Baker's projected NFL contribution creates the kind of front-back defensive balance that has proven to be most correlated to wins. The Niners' defense posted the lowest single-season marks in NFL history in takeaways (seven) and interceptions (two) last season. Adding Baker here makes all of their other investments (including the signing of veteran corner Richard Sherman last season) most effective and efficient.

Wow this woman is either really dumb, or just trying to stir s*** up. If by some miracle Murray and Bosa are still on the board at #3 somebody will trade up.
GT: DirtyRoller

User Info: JohnMafia

JohnMafia
1 month ago#492
Its dumb that people act like adding Dee Ford means we have addressed our pass rush need. We bragged about the Paraag effect on the contract because it is essentially a 1 year prove it deal. Which means the team is not 100% sure that Dee Ford is the solution to our pass rush issues. He has an injury history and had one good year. Could easily be a one year flash in the pan. He doesn't affect our needs much at all, imo.
https://i.imgur.com/AzrOW44.gifv

JohnMafia
1 month ago#493
DirtyRoller posted...
JohnMafia posted...
I think swap 2 for 6, #36 and Solomon Thomas or Arik Armstead could conceivably be considered a better offer than the Browns gave.

49ers fans are the only people on this planet who think Thomas or Armstead are actually worth something as trade bait.

My disdain for those 2 is well documented. I just was trying to come up with what could reasonably be considered better value than the package the Browns gave the Giants.

And I don't think either of them have zero value. They have both proven to be pretty competent against the run, which isn't nothing. Neither are close being worth 1st round picks, but I bet there are teams who would give up a 5th rounder or something for them.

DirtyRoller
1 month ago#494
JohnMafia posted...
DirtyRoller posted...
JohnMafia posted...
I think swap 2 for 6, #36 and Solomon Thomas or Arik Armstead could conceivably be considered a better offer than the Browns gave.

49ers fans are the only people on this planet who think Thomas or Armstead are actually worth something as trade bait.

My disdain for those 2 is well documented. I just was trying to come up with what could reasonably be considered better value than the package the Browns gave the Giants.

And I don't think either of them have zero value. They have both proven to be pretty competent against the run, which isn't nothing. Neither are close being worth 1st round picks, but I bet there are teams who would give up a 5th rounder or something for them.

Eh, swapping 1st's and throwing in a player with a 5th round value sounds like a good deal for us, but the Giants got a WAAAAYY better offer from Cleveland.

I do agree that Thomas is worth a 5th rounder, Armstead however is only on a 1 year deal right now. For anyone to take Armstead off our hands we'd probably have to eat half of his salary. I wish we would have let Armstead go instead of picking up his $9.5mil option, Thomas is more valuable to us though and we should be able to find out this year what he's made of with good pass rushers up front with him. I think with the right guys next to him he can be a Justin Smith like disruption to free up other rushers.

JohnMafia
1 month ago#495
Swapping 1sts, Solomon Thomas AND the 36th pick.

DirtyRoller
1 month ago#496
JohnMafia posted...
Swapping 1sts, Solomon Thomas AND the 36th pick.

Ah I didn't see that part my bad. For my money I'd still probably keep the Browns offer, but at least I'd have to stop and think about it.

User Info: Big_Gold

Big_Gold
1 month ago#497
I have no idea what kind of trade value a K would have. Not sure if I would keep a disgruntled Gould when Gostkowski is available.

User Info: hypersonic2000

hypersonic2000
1 month ago#498
Big_Gold posted...
I have no idea what kind of trade value a K would have. Not sure if I would keep a disgruntled Gould when Gostkowski is available.

I'd take a 5th rounder since we dont have one
49ers, Warriors, Giants, Sharks fan for life
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS 2015, 2017, 2018 NBA CHAMPIONS

JohnMafia
1 month ago#499
Bears are desperate for him. Try and get a 4th from them or something for a sign and trade, but yeah. If he ain't happy let him go. I know kicker issues last year was well documented, but its still a kicker. And there's no guarantees with them. David Akers was great for us one year too and then fell apart. No guarantees that Gould will always be automatic.

User Info: PatrickMahomes

PatrickMahomes
1 month ago#500
Mahomes gets 500
MVP Tracker: 1-0
  1. Boards
  2. Sports and Racing - NFL
  3. Official San Francisco 49ers offseason topic: Bosa or bust
  • Topic Archived